Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230977 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1425 on: August 17, 2015, 05:59:05 am »

They just rolled nice. The six machineguns about equal your two autocannons.
Our plane has 1 nose-mounted autocannon and 4 machine guns though. Which nicely explains the increased cost.

On a side note, I'm pretty sure that Forenian patents are only granted for stolen designs.

The resources are wrong. Rebels aren't blowing up Moskurg and we're getting Chinese Ore.
They've been wrong for ages. It has no ingame effect, where correct resource amounts are used.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 06:04:37 am by 10ebbor10 »

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1426 on: August 17, 2015, 06:02:52 am »

yes, but if they are rarely updated, it gets easier and easier to lose track.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: August 17, 2015, 06:04:52 am »

The resources are wrong. Rebels aren't blowing up Moskurg and we're getting Chinese Ore.
They've been wrong for ages. It has no ingame effect, where correct resource amounts are used.
It's not about in-game effect. I just want to see the flavour text that comes from having 5 Ore before the opportunity disappears forever.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1428 on: August 17, 2015, 06:05:41 am »

Sensei, the cypher we both use is a simple substitution one. Since we solve message by measuring the frequencies of letters to break the substitution, running it through the machine three time should not prevent us from decrypting at all. :p

Never mind, I didn't get how the encryption work. Still don't get it actually.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 06:12:07 am by Sheb »

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: August 17, 2015, 06:14:15 am »

Objection to the Unreliability of the Hippo. We can just make sure soldiers dispose of the tubes every 30 shots.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: August 17, 2015, 06:16:42 am »

well, they do it with the rhino, I guess it is feasible.
there is no retcon of results, but in the next production phase you can order soldiers to do that.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: August 17, 2015, 06:17:44 am »

Sensei, the cypher we both use is a simple substitution one. Since we solve message by measuring the frequencies of letters to break the substitution, running it through the machine three time should not prevent us from decrypting at all. :p
This entirely true, running a simple ciphered message through a simple cipher again is the same as just using a different simple cipher, and the resulting code can be cracked the same way it normally would.

However, Arstotzkan code breakers are actually not terribly clever, or maybe too clever. When a Moskurg soldier decrypts a message with one code card, they usually forget to turn the Tiger's Whispher machine off before going to the second and third. The resulting second and third messages have been interpreted as some kind of super cipher, even though they apparently decrypt to the same thing. This, combined with Moskurg soldiers' penchant for just not following orders in lieu of instinct and bravado, has led to the incorrect assumption that Moskurg is using some new cipher which cannot easily be cracked, and are actually following orders from their cleverly hidden double cipher. At this point, Arstotzkan code breakers open up a bottle of Five Star, and suggest cryptology theories to explain the secret Moskurg code, which get worse and worse as the bottle empties.

Objection to the Unreliability of the Hippo. We can just make sure soldiers dispose of the tubes every 30 shots.
This would probably make it more expensive, in effect, due to manufacturing multiple hippos per user. However, much of the damage has been done at this point in that soldiers are afraid to use the thing until you change it. It also still fails in general in bad weather.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1432 on: August 17, 2015, 06:22:59 am »

Well, I like this encryption parity. As long as there is unbalance, the game is going to focus on ciphers, with at least an action per turn.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: August 17, 2015, 06:25:39 am »

However, Arstotzkan code breakers are actually not terribly clever, or maybe too clever. When a Moskurg soldier decrypts a message with one code card, they usually forget to turn the Tiger's Whispher machine off before going to the second and third. The resulting second and third messages have been interpreted as some kind of super cipher, even though they apparently decrypt to the same thing. This, combined with Moskurg soldiers' penchant for just not following orders in lieu of instinct and bravado, has led to the incorrect assumption that Moskurg is using some new cipher which cannot easily be cracked, and are actually following orders from their cleverly hidden double cipher. At this point, Arstotzkan code breakers open up a bottle of Five Star, and suggest cryptology theories to explain the secret Moskurg code, which get worse and worse as the bottle empties.
Wait, so Arstotzkan code breakers are trying to crack a super cypher, also developing their own cryptology theories? Hot damn, that's like training with leg weights on! Soon, we will have the absolute best cypher codes in all of Forenia!

Glory to Arstotzka!
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1434 on: August 17, 2015, 06:29:26 am »

I love sensei's explanations for small mistakes.
It really brings across the idea that everyone on that island are somehow stupid, the spy recruitment agency only recruits spies with crippling learning disabilities, Arstotzkan code breakers are... Well, look at the above post, and high command seem to be such massive idiots as to have forced the original protective armor design to have colorful flags sticking out like bull horns.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: August 17, 2015, 06:32:53 am »

Hey, our cryptologists are progressing. Last turn, they forgot to encode our messages entirely.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1436 on: August 17, 2015, 06:34:25 am »

Where are the frost giants? We were promised frost giants wrecking shit up if the salt kept flowing, and it did, so where are they? I want my mayhem dammit!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: August 17, 2015, 06:35:30 am »

I love sensei's explanations for small mistakes.
It really brings across the idea that everyone on that island are somehow stupid, the spy recruitment agency only recruits spies with crippling learning disabilities, Arstotzkan code breakers are... Well, look at the above post, and high command seem to be such massive idiots as to have forced the original protective armor design to have colorful flags sticking out like bull horns.
I always think the average intellect of Tropicans are on par with Juanito and Penultimo of Tropico.

... In fact if I were to host this game I'll frame it into a war between Arstotzka and Tropico.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: August 17, 2015, 06:37:49 am »

Sensei, question, is the magazine upgrade for the AS-1910 Machine Gun totally supplanted the original belt feed mechanism?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: August 17, 2015, 06:41:37 am »

We use the AS-1924 now.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 159