Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230821 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1350 on: August 15, 2015, 04:18:43 pm »

From a Moskurgian point of view, there's no real downside, either an upside or a neutral side. So, I'd say A, as that seems fairest. If we want to improve our RR, we'll have to design HEAT rounds, like Arstotzka has had to, compared to B which gives us tech because Arstotzka complained. Maybe if Moskurg had to do a revision action to convert the RR HEAT for use in other weapons first,  I'd be more open to it.

All in all though, I'm off the opinion that GM's word is law, and so we should've just left it.

Five new replies, Christ.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: August 15, 2015, 04:24:56 pm »

Maybe if Moskurg had to do a revision action to convert the RR HEAT for use in other weapons first,  I'd be more open to it.
Actually, this isn't a bad idea. We didn't get HEAT for the rest of our weapons when we developed our RPG. It could be a similar thing with the RR. I'm just gonna call this option D.

I support option D with a secondary vote of option C.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1352 on: August 15, 2015, 04:41:13 pm »

A question(s).

What is the tetriary Colour of Arstotzka? Primary and secondary is proably red and gold respectively, but I need a third one. What would it be?

Also, for future reference, what would be tetriary colour of Moskurg? Primary and secondary is blue and silver respectively, but I need a third one. What would it be?

By the way, are there any colours of Forenia? I suppose that primay and secondary could be red and blue respectively, but I need a third one. What would it be?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: August 15, 2015, 04:42:40 pm »

I've always thought of Forenia as being green rather than blue and/or red.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: August 15, 2015, 04:46:36 pm »

Making a flag for the continent Kot?

I think it would be maroon/red, gold, and black or white for Arstotzka...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1355 on: August 15, 2015, 04:47:52 pm »

Making a flag for the continent Kot?
Not yet, but I thought of it.
I think it would be maroon/red, gold, and black or white for Arstotzka...
Dunno, black or white could work I think. I'll check.
EDIT:
White could work, after all, we're having a lot of snow here. As long as it's not yellow snow.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 04:49:37 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: August 15, 2015, 04:49:44 pm »

Well blue and red could be from the UK occupation.

Actually any united flag for the continent would likely be from the colonial period since the two nations formed right afterwards.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1357 on: August 15, 2015, 04:54:40 pm »

Actually any united flag for the continent would likely be from the colonial period since the two nations formed right afterwards.
Fuck that period. They tried to stop us from fighting.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: August 15, 2015, 04:56:40 pm »

How about this for a united Forenian flag? If someone should ever actually win the war.

Moskurg blue and Arstotzkan crimson symbolize the constituent Forenian nations. The black bar is a remembrance of the conflict of their history, but it is set behind the bright rising sun which represents the glory of our shared future.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: August 15, 2015, 04:57:48 pm »

Fuck that period. They tried to stop us from fighting.

That's my point, I doubt there would be a united flag except by outside forceful control.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1360 on: August 15, 2015, 05:09:37 pm »

How about this for a united Forenian flag? If someone should ever actually win the war.

Moskurg blue and Arstotzkan crimson symbolize the constituent Forenian nations. The black bar is a remembrance of the conflict of their history, but it is set behind the bright rising sun which represents the glory of our shared future.
Sun creates desert and melts snow.
0/10 biased towards Moskurgs.

That's my point, I doubt there would be a united flag except by outside forceful control.
Or inside forceful control.
Really, the united flag proably would be the one of winning faction.
or something else actually, but I'm not saying what just yet.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: August 15, 2015, 05:10:40 pm »

From a Moskurgian point of view, there's no real downside, either an upside or a neutral side. So, I'd say A, as that seems fairest. If we want to improve our RR, we'll have to design HEAT rounds, like Arstotzka has had to, compared to B which gives us tech because Arstotzka complained. Maybe if Moskurg had to do a revision action to convert the RR HEAT for use in other weapons first,  I'd be more open to it.

All in all though, I'm off the opinion that GM's word is law, and so we should've just left it.

Five new replies, Christ.
There is actually a downside. In regards to option C, they're essentially giving us HEAT, without the technology. Now, given that the shell in a RR is essentially similar to that of an actual cannon, applying the shot to the rounds in our tanks wouldn't be much of an issue for us. I know Sensei's been lax in updating our tech list, but deliberately getting him to ignore that is more than a little unfair.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: August 15, 2015, 05:19:10 pm »

Hey, I agree with the sports league! We can play capture the hill!!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: August 15, 2015, 05:22:10 pm »

There is actually a downside. In regards to option C, they're essentially giving us HEAT, without the technology. Now, given that the shell in a RR is essentially similar to that of an actual cannon, applying the shot to the rounds in our tanks wouldn't be much of an issue for us. I know Sensei's been lax in updating our tech list, but deliberately getting him to ignore that is more than a little unfair.
I don't see how not getting an additionall bonus after the GM made an error in your favor is, in any way, unfair. Besides, we designed a HEAT warhead for our RPG, but didn't get it for anything else, so there's precedent there.

Anyway, you seem to misunderstand Option C. Option C is not about giving you HEAT without giving you the tech. Option C says that you had (primitive) HEAT all along, because your APHE acted and is described like a HEAT shell, rather than an RL APHE shell, thus solving everything with a simple rename to avoid further confusion.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 05:26:09 pm by 10ebbor10 »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: August 15, 2015, 05:24:24 pm »

Well what's the difference? If you get option C, you get the ability to kill our tanks and no HEAT technology. Without option C, you get the ability to kill our tanks and no HEAT technology, except the method with which you kill our tanks makes no sense. That's assuming option C doesn't give you the tech.
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 159