Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230838 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1185 on: August 14, 2015, 07:17:55 am »

It's good to see that salt has been replaced by nerds doing research. ;D /jk
The reason behind the research is still pretty salty though.
So salty that the thawing ice giants might be tear giants.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 14, 2015, 07:22:35 am »

Speaking of giants, would our countries be able to beat the titans from Attack on Titan?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #1187 on: August 14, 2015, 07:25:35 am »

Speaking of giants, would our countries be able to beat the titans from Attack on Titan?
Arstotzka of course.
Moskurg would get stomped.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 14, 2015, 07:30:22 am »

You know, I'm kinda surprised there hasn't been mention of a Moskurg tank commander getting the driver to ram an enemy tank while saying something about his sword.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 14, 2015, 07:32:21 am »

In fact, I don't think that sword was ever used.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 14, 2015, 09:50:33 am »

I think it was used in some of the early Trench fight.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 14, 2015, 09:52:37 am »

We're just waiting for the appropriate time to develop light sabres and reaction enhancement drugs :P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 14, 2015, 10:02:18 am »

So, I take it those frost giants are going to awaken now and wreck some shit up? Or was that an idle threat sort of thing?

Cause I kinda want to see that, after which Mokburg can complain for a while and get sand devils, after which the sand devils and frost giants can duke it out. Then we forget all about the whole Mokburg vs Asstoken thing and watch some Kaiju battles.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 10:09:39 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 14, 2015, 11:26:47 am »

Well the main thing we're upset about is that RR's have too low a muzzle velocity to use solid-cored ap shells against anything more armored than an armored car with any real chance to be effective, since a good portion of the heavy shell's propellant gasses are scavenged to use as a backblast to counter the recoil(and solid core projectiles use high muzzle velocities combined with weight and surface area to produce penetration forces against whatever it hits). What RRs use muzzle velocity for really is for hitting targets at longer ranges more accurately. Honestly, if Sensei states by APHE he means hollow core charges I think we would be satisfied, and you'd not even really be retconning anything(a high explosive shell that is designed to penetrate armor sounds a LOT like a shaped charge to me, just a funny way of designating it)

Edit: Honestly, my whole feeling on the RR situation is "Ok, yeah, Rhino, dice gave them something pretty good(given our shitty armor) that's a bit ahistorical, but oh well." "Hippo, wahhh? It's not even using shaped charges, and we improved our armor so that it shouldn't even work without shaped charges! WTF?"
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:31:33 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 14, 2015, 11:35:41 am »

Because it isn't a shaped charge. It really is an Armor Piercing projectile that relies on it's own speed to penetrate.

And we're not going to be able to change that, unless we have direct conclusive proof that it can't happen, which we're having a little trouble finding.

(On that note, given the absence of direct proof that interwar tanks could not, in fact, fly, can ours fly?  :))

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 14, 2015, 11:51:07 am »

That's like saying because you've never seen me, I'm invisible. :P

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 14, 2015, 11:59:52 am »

Jesus Christ guys, you are at the edge of our cities and you still find reason to complain, we built this weapon to fight in the desert and you advanced.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 14, 2015, 12:04:16 pm »

glorius complain folded a thousan time cut thru moksbrug like byuttr gayjin go home!!1!

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 14, 2015, 12:22:56 pm »

Jesus Christ guys, you are at the edge of our cities and you still find reason to complain, we built this weapon to fight in the desert and you advanced.
Yeah, and we doubled down in the desert designing both those artillery shells and the encryption/decryption system. And we already had an advantage to begin with.

Edit: When can we actually start attacking the enemy supply lines and start to cut off the forces in the mountains and Jungle?

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 14, 2015, 12:25:42 pm »

Yeah, and we doubled down in the desert designing both those artillery shells and the encryption/decryption system. And we already had an advantage to begin with.

Edit: When can we actually start attacking the enemy supply lines and start to cut off the forces in the mountains and Jungle?
So what you did worked. You ignored other areas at the expense of advancing in the desert.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 159