Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230467 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #945 on: August 11, 2015, 07:22:58 am »

Some T2 Breakers have radios (group leaders), some have scopes, and many have neither.
If we were to follow the rules, as is logical, then that would be a national project, and there would exactly 1 tank with a radio.

A rare modification of a tank which is described as being very rare itself should not have any effect on the battlefield.

installing a scope or radio apparently is
It is noted in the design that they must be custom fitted at the factory.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 11, 2015, 07:25:31 am »

hm. custom fitted is a bit different. I always imagines it was just a soldier taking a radio inside.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 11, 2015, 07:29:33 am »

Scopes are customfitted. Radio's as well, going by the definition of the Moskurgian radio.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 07:37:03 am by 10ebbor10 »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 11, 2015, 07:30:40 am »

Okay, so let me figure this out:
You have a radio, Expensive, probably, and a tank, also expensive.
Country A makes the Tank be prebuilt with the radio.
Country B has the Radio used as an optional add-on to the tank.
Does country A's tank have it's expense level upped from expensive to very expensive? And does country B's tank and radio stay expensive separately?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 11, 2015, 07:34:46 am »

The way I've had it working is a little goofy, yeah. I've actually ruminated on this before. At the time I wrote the 1928, it didn't seem logical that tanks couldn't be equipped with scopes. I'll probably end up revising rules to be clearer, trying not to retcon anything, but for now, I've got to sleep.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 11, 2015, 07:41:03 am »

I have taken the liberty of adjusting the sheet a bit to make complexity and cost matters more clear, as well as remove a few things which I believe to be in error.

Arstotzka's army now contains the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Moskurg's army now contains the following:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 11, 2015, 11:28:21 am »

Here is a small preview of what I am working on.
parts of the history include both nations( like the reorganization of '77 or the dates of british colonialism), so if you have any big issue with what I wrote, feel free to report it to me, no matter your nation.

Spoiler: Glory to arstotzka! (click to show/hide)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 11, 2015, 11:31:10 am »

I really think that every Arstotzkan used to be name AS-XXYY.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #953 on: August 11, 2015, 11:37:28 am »

I really think that every Arstotzkan used to be name AS-XXYY.
AS-J(ohn)D(oe)77(year)-0001(serial number).
Or something.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 11, 2015, 11:40:38 am »

All hail AS-DL63, leader of all Arstotzkans!

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 11, 2015, 11:44:33 am »

That seems awfully similar to social security number and its cousins in other nations. I don't see why it wouldn't be used. Probably more extensively than in the rest of the world.
Unless you mean that it is their only name? in which case I am going to veto that. Since we already got named people on our side.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 11, 2015, 11:46:10 am »

Oh, every one got nicknames for ease of use, especially when foreign reporters write of the war. But the official name follow the Glorious Arstotzkan Naming Scheme.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 11, 2015, 11:49:48 am »

That seems awfully similar to social security number and its cousins in other nations. I don't see why it wouldn't be used. Probably more extensively than in the rest of the world.
Unless you mean that it is their only name? in which case I am going to veto that. Since we already got named people on our side.

Agreed. I mean, we are using it to name our weapons, but we are weapons designers. Naming EVERYONE like that just seems silly.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 11, 2015, 11:53:03 am »

We also use it to name civilian vehicles, barbecues and cities.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 11, 2015, 11:58:05 am »

Agreed. I mean, we are using it to name our weapons, but we are weapons designers. Naming EVERYONE like that just seems silly.
((In many states nowadays your registration number is your unique identifier. You can change your name, legally or without the burden of so, but the number sticks. So its not entirely inaccurate, just un-ergonomic.))
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 159