Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230519 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #390 on: July 30, 2015, 12:33:45 pm »

For now, according to Sensei, the missing bay stands.  We'll see if he changes his mind in future.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 30, 2015, 12:35:33 pm »

Actually, reading the OP, I think it's intentional there's no bay near or in the plains.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 30, 2015, 02:22:55 pm »

Moskurg can bring the fight to the trenches, but they can't sustain an armored push and artillery marching without armor support is ultimately killed by overwhelming machine gun fire, despite the advantages of accurate artillery. Arstotzka holds the fields

Shouldn't the advantage of accurate artillery be on our side. Moksburg utilizes a Howitzer without any recoil compensation. Our state of the art hydropneumatic systems allows us to fire accurate and twice as fast. Add to that that we have more artillery, and with longer range...

Planes spotting doesn't really work when your artillery can only shoot 4-5 km far, and has to be re-aimed after every shot (which makes walking closer to the target impossible).
Arstotzkan artillery is more accurate, but what matters more right now is that Moskurg troops are mobile where Arstotzkan ones are sitting in trenches.

Actually, reading the OP, I think it's intentional there's no bay near or in the plains.
Yeah, I originally meant for there to be four bays but I mistyped and decided to own it. I'll probably say that the jungle doesn't support an airstrip, or not one big enough for bombers, or something.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 30, 2015, 02:26:56 pm »

Hey sensei, would it be possible to burn down the jungle?

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: July 30, 2015, 02:29:24 pm »

Hey sensei, would it be possible to burn down the jungle?
I can probably answer that for him. It's wet, so you won't get a massive fire. You might be able to defoliate it, but burning probably won't work.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 30, 2015, 02:50:49 pm »

Is it too early for Agent Orange?
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: July 30, 2015, 02:52:56 pm »

Probably, possibly no.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 30, 2015, 02:54:35 pm »

Agent orange was developped in 1940.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: July 30, 2015, 02:58:57 pm »

By country with very good chemical industry.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 30, 2015, 03:02:39 pm »

Hmm, maybe we can just bomb it, ALOT.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: July 30, 2015, 03:28:41 pm »

Arstotzkan artillery is more accurate, but what matters more right now is that Moskurg troops are mobile where Arstotzkan ones are sitting in trenches.
Being mobile means giving up their radio however, making their observation planes useless. At that point, the advantage is back to us, thanks to higher fire rate, better accuracy and better range.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 30, 2015, 03:30:30 pm »

And more guns.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 30, 2015, 03:41:41 pm »

And our guns are in fortified positions, while theirs are in open desert. That  of SPAT is worse than good old few meters of dirt.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: July 30, 2015, 04:44:06 pm »

More propaganda for Arstotzka, from the beginning of 1919 ( I am aware we get no bonuses, but I like writing it. due to it being set at the ebginning, you will notice some things didn't turn out accurate)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 30, 2015, 04:48:38 pm »

Not particularly. And staying static against a mobile foe is asking to be encircled.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 159