Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230247 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #105 on: July 25, 2015, 04:43:42 pm »

The Browning was a .60 cal so not exactly autocannons.

Thats 50cal. The only cannon worked on by Browning was the M4, and that was 37mm...

Also, fromwhat I remember about whats a cannon and whats not, anything up to and including 50cal is not a cannon, while anything over 50cal is.
That is how U.S. military drew the line.
What he's done is mistaken his 50 cal for a T17E3, an experimental copy of the greman MG 151 cannon in .60 cal (15.2x114mm)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 25, 2015, 04:54:51 pm »

Shouldn't we have Ore 3 now?

I mean, Moskburg got ore from their mines in the mountains without needing to build a road. Seems quite unfair that we need to spend another action and get a serious vulnerability for the exact same thing.

Especially since we've been blowing up their railroads for the last 3 turns, and they never needed to fix anything.
Yes, you DO now have 2 ore and 2 oil 3 ore and 1 oil. I was thinking of an earlier model where I assigned less resources to your home terrain.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 05:05:40 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 25, 2015, 04:58:47 pm »

We get oil from the mountains? Strange.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 25, 2015, 05:05:21 pm »

Yup, that's right, I'm a typo making machine! Correcting.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 25, 2015, 05:12:38 pm »

You also wrote the fighting in the plains was a stalemate. That should have been a decisive Arztotskan victory

On a side not, what does Ore 3 actually do? Can I build a dreadnaught for every officer?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 25, 2015, 06:11:07 pm »

So what can we do now that we have 3 Ore? Are vehicles no longer Expensive? Missed post above.

(Also, totally stole my idea for a machine gun.)

EDIT: Also, how did Moskurg manage both a new uniform and a new machine gun in the same turn? The new machine gun is wildly different to the old one so it can't be a Revision, but the new uniform is as different to their old one as ours was to our old one, and our new one needed to be done in the Design phase.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 06:15:25 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 25, 2015, 06:16:15 pm »

We just slapped a helmet onto ours :P
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 25, 2015, 06:18:12 pm »

-Moskurg 1914 Armor: Moskurg soldiers wear flowing blue linen with a scimitar stitched onto the chest. Steel vests and helmets are added, to protect against shrapnel. Blue-and-silver glory improved with silver cape.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 25, 2015, 06:21:01 pm »

Ours lack flags, the deciding factor.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 25, 2015, 06:28:02 pm »

But we do have snazzy capes!
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 25, 2015, 06:30:02 pm »

EDIT: Also, how did Moskurg manage both a new uniform and a new machine gun in the same turn? The new machine gun is wildly different to the old one so it can't be a Revision, but the new uniform is as different to their old one as ours was to our old one, and our new one needed to be done in the Design phase.
Their uniform adjustement was a revision, probably.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 25, 2015, 06:30:09 pm »

-Moskurg 1914 Armor: Moskurg soldiers wear flowing blue linen with a scimitar stitched onto the chest. Steel vests and helmets are added, to protect against shrapnel. Blue-and-silver glory improved with silver cape.
It was a revision to the old uniform. By steel vests what he means is we sewed some steel plates there and hoped they saved someone.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 25, 2015, 06:33:29 pm »

Our Artillery is expensive not because of its complexity, but because it's large and thus uses a lot of Ore in its production. Now that we have 3 Ore, does that mean it's now non-Expensive?

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 25, 2015, 06:35:22 pm »

So, let's have an index of all these fun filled battles! In the name of glorious and eternal Moskurg, so everyone can see how we casually defeat the smelly and cowardly pathetic Arstotzka!

1910 Battle Report
1911 Battle Phase
1912 Battle Report
1913 Battle Phase
1914 Battle Report

Edit : Here's the next one.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:29:32 am by Happerry »
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 25, 2015, 06:38:09 pm »

It was a revision to the old uniform. By steel vests what he means is we sewed some steel plates there and hoped they saved someone.
Which is pretty much the same thing we got. I'm assuming bad versus good rolls
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 159