Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230540 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC
« Reply #1845 on: August 29, 2015, 10:14:38 am »

Wait, how can our 88mm FlaK copy not outrange every single Astrotzkan weapon on ground?
Peculiar indeed. Maybe the optics don't work out?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: August 29, 2015, 08:28:14 pm »

Yeah, we got the Radio cheap after designing those vehicles, and I don't think Sensei updated the descriptions.
The main difference is this though. Our vehicles were specifically designed to accept radios once they became cheaper.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: August 29, 2015, 08:42:53 pm »

Yeah, we got the Radio cheap after designing those vehicles, and I don't think Sensei updated the descriptions.
The main difference is this though. Our vehicles were specifically designed to accept radios once they became cheaper.
But Sensei said multiple times (in our thread at least) that we could put our radios in our vehicles. The description specifically says we can put it in all of our vehicles without losing performance.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: August 30, 2015, 02:40:41 am »

You can put them into the vehicles with affecting the vehicle's performance, but you'd still need to revise the deign to hold it.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: August 30, 2015, 02:49:17 am »

It looks like Arstotzka got radios cheap before the 1929 battle report, but I didn't account for it being in their tanks and stuff. As such, it's really very dumb to say that Moskurg got a big advantage from making their own radios cheap in 1932. At this point, both tanks should reasonably have radios as a standard feature. As for the Bumblebee, it should perhaps be more effective against ground targets, although I'm stating that the sights are wonky to use when aimed at the ground.

I'm going to edit the turn now. Possibly better for Arstotzka.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: August 30, 2015, 02:51:16 am »

Actually, one thing I don't understand is how they got cheap radios whilst still having less experience in that department, doubly so since encryption machines don't use vacuum tubes.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: August 30, 2015, 02:54:27 am »

Actually, one thing I don't understand is how they got cheap radios whilst still having less experience in that department, doubly so since encryption machines don't use vacuum tubes.
The DC29 is a computer. Computers used vacuum tubes, according to Wikipedia.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: August 30, 2015, 02:55:25 am »

Good rolls. And the encryption machines involve receiving and transmitting radio signals as much as regular radios do.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: August 30, 2015, 03:06:40 am »

Vacuum tube computers are a bit of a way off, and weren't used for encryption. And most encryption devices in the period were mechanical computers. As for transmission, the machines weren't used for tactical-level units, just written/typed messages used in HQ units.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: August 30, 2015, 03:12:37 am »

I have updated the turn. While Arstotzka did not gain more ground (I considered the Bumblebee's 3.6 inch rounds more effective than I did earlier) I consider them closer to doing so, in terms of needed improvement.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: August 30, 2015, 03:35:59 am »

Vacuum tube computers are a bit of a way off, and weren't used for encryption. And most encryption devices in the period were mechanical computers. As for transmission, the machines weren't used for tactical-level units, just written/typed messages used in HQ units.
Technically, our encryption machines are 1-bit mechanical computers.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: August 30, 2015, 08:34:14 am »

I was just looking at Moskurg's technology and their flamethrower description is rather interesting.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: August 30, 2015, 08:37:56 am »

How so?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: August 30, 2015, 09:12:18 am »

Yes we have a mechanical computer, based on the Tiger's Whisper, I do not know why everyone keeps saying it has vacuum tubes.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: August 30, 2015, 12:21:25 pm »

Because the encryption machine include a radio (to get the signal it decodes). While working on it, we found a better way to manufacture that part and get it cheaper.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 159