Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230280 times)

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #180 on: July 26, 2015, 08:23:56 am »

Do you not see glorious Moskurg's resources, we have overwhelming national pride!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 26, 2015, 08:31:52 am »

Yeah, but what's with that? I don't look at the other team's thread so I have absolutely no idea. What did you even do in your Revise phase?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 26, 2015, 08:32:32 am »

If you're not looking, we're not telling ;)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 26, 2015, 08:40:38 am »

We cant look. Its the rules.

Well, at the least we cant look at anything current. I think we can look at your old stuff.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Happerry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 26, 2015, 08:56:05 am »

You can look, you just can't metagame. After all, if you couldn't look how could we order our spies to fit your funtime tanks with the same leaky seals that kept setting our train people on fire?
Forenia Forever!
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 26, 2015, 09:02:53 am »

You can look, you just can't metagame. After all, if you couldn't look how could we order our spies to fit your funtime tanks with the same leaky seals that kept setting our train people on fire?
Wait, is that why our tanks get up to 50 degrees Celsius? But anyway, I didn't look at your thread when I ordered our spy to ruin your train. To be honest, it was just dumb luck. I ordered the spy to sabotage your already existing trains so they wouldn't be able to supply your troops, but the GM interpreted it as sabotage their upcoming train project. I honestly had no idea you were developing a new train. You can imagine how giddy I was with the results, though. ;D
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 26, 2015, 09:04:29 am »

Yeah, but I knew it was you calling those shots with the spies. Said spy wasn't that... subtle.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 26, 2015, 09:07:16 am »

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Glory to Arstotzka.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2015, 09:55:37 am »

What did you even do in your Revise phase?

Hookers and blow, primarily.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 26, 2015, 09:59:52 am »

Wait, is that why our tanks get up to 50 degrees Celsius? But anyway, I didn't look at your thread when I ordered our spy to ruin your train. To be honest, it was just dumb luck. I ordered the spy to sabotage your already existing trains so they wouldn't be able to supply your troops, but the GM interpreted it as sabotage their upcoming train project. I honestly had no idea you were developing a new train. You can imagine how giddy I was with the results, though. ;D

Yup, 50 degreesCelsius seems to be the expected result when you put a big metal box over a railway locomotive.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 26, 2015, 10:31:25 am »

Spoiler: Anyway, an overview (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Moksburg (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:53:36 am by 10ebbor10 »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #191 on: July 26, 2015, 10:59:59 am »

^^That's great! Thanks a lot for putting that together, Ebbor.

Only if you tremendously overinterpret their posts.
I don't see anyone else but you complaining.

Your gun fires a simple metal bullet. It's not going to hurt the track.
My gramps tested tanks at Yuma proving grounds back in the day. When I asked him if you could disable a tank's treads with gunfire, he said it didn't take much to cause a track to twist and come off (a dent, a small cut, but it wouldn't just fly off right away, it would take a minute or ten of driving for it to tear itself apart; they spent a lot of timing fixing them in the shop, he said). To be clear, he said that yes, you could disable a tank's treads with a large caliber rifle if you aimed at the caterpillar.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 26, 2015, 01:14:03 pm »

My gramps tested tanks at Yuma proving grounds back in the day. When I asked him if you could disable a tank's treads with gunfire, he said it didn't take much to cause a track to twist and come off (a dent, a small cut, but it wouldn't just fly off right away, it would take a minute or ten of driving for it to tear itself apart; they spent a lot of timing fixing them in the shop, he said). To be clear, he said that yes, you could disable a tank's treads with a large caliber rifle if you aimed at the caterpillar.

Not really a problem then. The crew's unconscious by minute 5.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #193 on: July 26, 2015, 01:15:05 pm »

Sorry, what? Why would the tread coming apart render the crew unconscious?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 01:16:40 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 26, 2015, 01:18:55 pm »

The tread coming apart doesn't render the crew unconscious. The hostile environement inside the tank (coal fire, 50 degrees, cramped) does.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 159