Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 159

Author Topic: Arms Race, OOC [Completed] Now with Arms Race III, against another forum!  (Read 230926 times)

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
Re: Arms Race, OOC Thread
« Reply #1530 on: August 19, 2015, 09:23:04 am »

I once proposed we do an acoustic kitty using tigers, but that wouldn't really work pior to very small radios.
I enjoy the picture of anyone trying to stealthily smuggle your current 60 pound battery-and-radio assemblies near a conversation unnoticed.
Well, tigers are quite big, after all. We may just need to remove it's ability to shit by replacing the internals with radio and battery. And with 2-meter long antenna coming out of it's asshole.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: August 20, 2015, 05:22:44 am »

I wonder. How long does it take to write a turn? The part we see is already very big, and I imagine it takes a lot of time,  but the part we don't see ( the rolls, the thought on how to assign bonuses, how weapons work) must be quite large as well.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: August 20, 2015, 05:32:53 am »

The writing takes a lot longer than the rolls from my experience in running games.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: August 20, 2015, 05:36:01 am »

yes, but the roll part in this case includes also things like getting a base understanding of the various weapon systems and deciding how they interact. That is what I imagine takes a while.( not longer than writing, but not insignificant)
Although for the most part you could consider it under the 'writing' part as well.

of course, much depends on the underlying system, which Sensei would ( very rightfully) not share.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: August 20, 2015, 05:57:42 am »

The system is basically fudged.

Well, you can think about this. There are 4 fronts, Air, Jungle, Mountain, Plains. You consider the armaments, and decide that the general balance for the situation is so should be so many pips towards Arstotzka or Moskurg. You roll a dice, or many, and add that to the total, simulating chance. Write the outcome based on the dice. Rinse and repeat.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 06:08:32 am by evilcherry »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: August 20, 2015, 07:12:14 am »

Yeah, but you need to read up, and decide which side has the advantage. Moskurg has fewer tanks, but better AT weapon. Who wins the tank side? Etc, etc etc. And it's nice writing too.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

evilcherry

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: August 21, 2015, 01:59:56 am »

Slight push. Any chance to have the update in a few hours?

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: August 21, 2015, 03:16:14 am »

I have you executed by firing squad, that rarely if ever is beneficial to a game in the long term.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: August 21, 2015, 03:53:24 am »

I have you executed by firing squad, that rarely if ever is beneficial to a game in the long term.

The old "multiworld madness" RTD lived and thrived on us layers calling for "ROLLS" between turns. But I'll agree that in general it doesn't work, especially when such requests are posted when the GM isn't online to listen :P

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: August 21, 2015, 03:58:50 am »

Ohey, I remember that. Although I do wonder how much affect that actually had on things.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1540 on: August 21, 2015, 04:03:14 am »

I am going to guess  none, but it kept us entertained and judging from how long that RTD lasted, I guess it didn't have a negative effect on Sean

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

edit: that picture of rolls actually made me hungry. I need to find the recipe and cook them.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: August 21, 2015, 04:17:59 am »

I dunno, bumps might be beneficial from time to time I guess.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: August 21, 2015, 05:14:19 am »

I keep planning to update this, and do other things.

Tomorrow! Probably.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: August 21, 2015, 11:35:05 pm »

Breaking news: House sitting, laptop still broken. Game to resume on monday.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

coleslaw35

• Bay Watcher
  • A disgusting pile of slop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: August 22, 2015, 12:00:10 am »

Breaking news: House sitting, laptop still broken. Game to resume on monday.

rip
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 159