Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14

Author Topic: Thou Art Adventurers: An Open-World RTD  (Read 16780 times)

blazing glory

Re: Thou Art Adventurers: An Open-World RTD (3/4)
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2015, 04:53:54 am »

Done, probably.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2015, 04:22:33 pm »

Look at your modifiers. Are they correct? Last chance to change something.

Name: Delekates.(Man)
Role: Knight: Tank/Dmg/Healer
Bio: Blonde long hairs, 1.82m, right handed, pure white skin, freckled, likes domestic animals and rains, hates liars and necromancers (LOL).
Equipment: Sword, shield, helm, chain mail, leather greaves and vambraces.
Rumor: Once a day he joins the world of dead.

>+1 to sword attacks
+1 to resisting poison/disease
+2 to resisting damage (1 for ability, 1 for armor)
>+1 to healing
-1 to sneaking (armor)
-* to dishonorable actions
[Chance to block attack (shield)]
________

Name: Diana Tindall.
Role: Priestess. (Primarily a healer, she is an expert in identifying herbs and healing people with her medical knowledge, and she has skill
 in persuading people. Definitely not a fighter but useful all the same.)
Bio: A tall woman (6'1 feet tall) with long flowing black hair and jade eyes, she wears a white robe with swirling patterns of roses sewn in
 with a silvery material. She worked as a Priestess all her life, and has been satisfied with her life until recently, when she began craving
 adventure, she ultimately decided that she needed to satisfy her desire of solving the mysteries of the world and prepared herself for the
 journey of adventure. She dislikes Syringa flowers and has a great fear of fire, but she enjoys talking with people, as she likes to figure
 out what makes a person tick.
Equipment: 2 anti-inflammatory herbal poultices. 2 rolls of bandages. Holy book of Ithyism. (<-My character's religion.) 1 Leather pouch of
 ground up Sapphire Root. (It makes people that inhale it feel drowsy.) 1 Ceramic mortar and pestle. Leather satchel. (For the storage of small
 items.) 1-days ration of food and water. 1 White Priestess robe.
Rumor: Diana has heard that there are dark arcane secrets to be hidden deep within Renethport.

>+2 to herbal knowledge
>+2 to healing (+3 with preparation)
+1 to sense motive
+2 to persuading
-1 to fighting
-2 to fire-related actions
-* to unholy actions
-* to deliberate killing
________

Name:Eric Rylan
Role:Brawler (Fast damage dealer, not good for taking damage, doesn't actually use fists.)
Bio:Eric is from minor nation called Selean, where he spent several years as a mercenary, which, he decided, was too risky for the amount he
 got paid, so he made way to Renethport via trade ship, where he is going to start his new life as an adventurer or die trying.
Equipment:Two handed sword, studded leather armor, dagger, and a small pouch of gold.
Rumor:Eric heard from the sailors who worked on the ship, who regularly came to and from Renethport, that a small band of 5 vampires plagued
 the harbor, though sailors who spend most of their time drunk when in port aren't the most reliable of sources.

>+1 to sword attacks
+1 to fighting
+.5 to resisting damage (armor)(1/2 chance of getting +1)
+2 to resisting guilt/remorse (the consequence of comitting inhumane actions)(aquired during mercenary career)
+2 to resisting gore-disgust (acquired during mercenary career)
-1 to knowledge related to Alexandria
[Special Ability: Combo Attack: At will, you can try to attack twice in one turn. The first time it is done each day, it is automatically-
 successful. After that, the result must be rolled for. (no bonus)]
________

Name: Margrave Hamett
Role: Scribe (has knowledge of locations and lore, can record enemies' weakness to gain bonuses against them)
Equipment: backpack, notebook with 20 blank pages, 3 sticks of writing charcoal, shield, axe.
Bio: Margrave is a young scribe that wants to explore the world and find out how to use magic.
Rumor: Margrave has heard of a spell tome hidden in the Renethport catacombs.

>+2 to lore (mythical/historical)
>+1 to know location
>+1 to identify weakness
[Chance to block attack (shield)]
________

-Skills with ">" cannot be used, unless listed under your modifiers. The same goes for special abilities.
-You might get penalties when using certain types of items you did not start out with.
-Modifiers with an asterisk (*) vary depending on the situation.

________

Rumor: Once a day he joins the world of dead.
A rumor is not a special ability. Look at the other players' sheets.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 05:11:12 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Thou Art Adventurers: An Open-World RTD
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 04:32:53 pm »

i know what rumor is, u said it can be not true. But who knows maybe he is really an undead  :o
i like my sheet, hope u too  :)
guess we are more like late game party, + better on bosses than on an ordinary creeps...
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 04:37:06 pm by Delekates »
my main lang is russian. Still i hope we understand each other :3

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2015, 05:32:54 pm »

-Skills with ">" cannot be used, unless listed under your modifiers. The same goes for special abilities.
What exactly does this mean? Aren't they already listed under our modifiers?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2015, 11:12:27 pm »

What exactly does this mean? Aren't they already listed under our modifiers?
Yes, this is just to inform players looking at other people's sheets. Just to eliminate any confusion, when they cannot do the same as their companion(s).

Well, I'd like you to add a -* to Deliberate killing. Change the -1 to fire-related actions into a -2 to fire-related actions.

On the topic of the starting point idea, as I'm a Priestess of Ithyia (<-The correct name of the goddess,) would I not logically have the power to grant my friends permission to join me in the catacombs? Or is this Itha actually something of your own creation unrelated to my character's religion?

((And what's that on "Clever wording"?))
Sorry, I did not know how to spell the name correctly.

The location of the entrance to the catacombs is not public knowledge, and the priests with higher authority never told you about it, either. You only heard through rumors. Therefore, walking into the would be just as trespassing as walking into some private, fenced-off graveyard you heard about at a bar.

As for the "clever wording," I thought Ithyism was a clever pun on "Atheism." Yeah...I know.

I am amused that you wish to add more negative modifiers to your character, but as you wish
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2015, 11:17:59 pm »

Let's begin!

The predominant rumor that the party has heard, is that arcane secrets are being held, hidden, within Renethport, perhaps in the rumored catacombs.
The  priestess, Diana Tindell, believes one of the entrances to be in the Church of Itha, which is why they are assembled there.
But the party is at a dilemma, for if this were true, to enter the catacombs would be to trespass into an extension of the church, which would be illegal.
The room you are in is empty, so you may talk without being overheard.

Update sometime tomorrow.
Money!

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2015, 11:25:11 pm »

"...so the only way we know to get into the catacombs is through the temple. To me it seems like we have no choice, we need to break in."
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2015, 11:46:33 pm »

"There are probably ways out of the catacombs other than the way we'd come in. Besides, I'd say the rewards are definitely worth the risk."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2015, 11:58:30 pm »

"Probably take a ship and leave, assuming the priests found out who I was. Look, this could be the only possible way I can find out how to use magic. I'm not going to pass it up."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2015, 12:17:04 am »

"Well of course I'm not gonna go around hurting random people with it, I'm not a monster. "Abuse" is a very broad word so I can't really answer it, but I can say that I won't be a dick with it. Besides, you guys' probably get magic too if I did."

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 22, 2015, 12:39:03 am »

"Yup. Been reading about it since I could read."

(I think we should let the others have a chance to talk.)

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 22, 2015, 12:46:10 am »

"Arcane magic... As i know this magic can only destroy. Why wont we leave this in case we will be actually in need of magic? If it could heal or something, but Arcane only gives you knowledge and ability to materialize element magic it self. Arcane magic brings nothing good, only destruction."
just got up :P here its 9am :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 02:48:26 am by Delekates »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2015, 12:47:10 am »

Lore request on arcane magic.

blazing glory

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2015, 01:29:06 am »

"Pah, magic, it's gone, don't see why everyone is so eager to bring it back."

"Might be something good in the catacombs though, I think we should take a look, bunch of priests in dresses can't do much about it."

Delekates

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2015, 02:47:57 am »

"Yes there actually can be something valuable, but lets find something more "material" like armor or weapon, or professional table for potion brewing, or maybe our first hide out... or even someone who will join our group"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 02:49:40 am by Delekates »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14