Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 109

Author Topic: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread Chapter 3x Elemental Clash  (Read 76184 times)

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread Chapter 3x Elemental Clash
« Reply #1470 on: September 17, 2016, 10:40:48 am »

After repelling the remainder of the scouts the two groups make a hasty retreat from the port town of Ascot. With their initial plan to lay low for the duration of their stay blown out of the water, Rydell makes the decision to join, at least temporarily, with the four members of The Resistance and the somewhat mysterious Edward. The group continues their haste until they are sure they are not being followed; the reason why is shrouded in mystery until Peter speaks up, explaining that Jack and his remaining crew made a scene after being recognized and told him to escape. Whether it was intentional on Jack's part remains unknown, however.

Chapter 3 Clear!

Chapter 3x Elemental Clash

Finally assured of their freedom from their pursuers and the terror of a Knight, Rydell decides to take a small break a ways off the main road, just in case a search party was actually sent out after them.

"Alright everyone, we're in a bit of a bind so we're only stopping for a little bit. We're going to need somewhere to lay low for a little bit, so," he turned to directly address Mahkin and her trio of Nagas, "if they wouldn't mind letting us lay low with them for a bit that'd be great."

"I don't see why they wouldn't," Edward piped up from his spot on his wagon. Peter was seated beside him and Melua was still taking up a majority of the wagon's free-space. "But it's up to them in the end; not even I know where The Resistance is based."

"By the way, miss cleric, if you could heal the girl taking up most of the space in my wagon so I can get some things I'd appreciate it."

« Last Edit: September 18, 2016, 12:44:46 am by F.O.E. »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: September 17, 2016, 03:03:25 pm »

Valerie had turned back to her humanoid form by this point (though with tail and ears out) and climbed up a tree to get a lay of the land. It wasn't so different from a crow's nest, up there.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: September 17, 2016, 03:12:31 pm »

Larini was looking tired.
Spiders didn't travel long distance, all at once!
She was also hungry, since she'd been fighting and not got the chance to eat.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: September 17, 2016, 04:21:16 pm »

"Did I hear a pleeeease?~"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: September 17, 2016, 09:00:35 pm »

Valeri was able to see quite far in the direction of the road as it was mostly flat plains. However, in the opposite direction, the forest continued to get denser. There seemed to be a path a grass that was somewhat recently flattened, though.

"But of course, please heal the injured Naga in my wagon."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: September 17, 2016, 09:09:07 pm »

Almost at the same time, Inido replies,

"Please prevent an innocent woman from dying slowly because you insist upon good manners."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: September 17, 2016, 09:24:23 pm »

Valerie climbed back down, dropping from branch to branch as one might do with rigging and ropes.

"Good news! We're not being followed! We totally ditched 'em!"

"Oh, and there's nothing but forest this way. But I think somebody went through here, 'cause the grass is all flat. Could be a bunch of nagas?"

The doog pointed in the direction of the flattened trail.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Melissa

• Bay Watcher
  • Ssssss~
    • View Profile
    • My stream!
« Reply #1477 on: September 18, 2016, 12:37:06 am »

Mahkin had decided to switch back to her human form while they traveled, still sporting her lovely face scales, but lacking the fantastic tail that would normally be dragging underneath her. It was a bit awkward to switch all of the time, and she kept some greaves to put on, but she never had anything to cover her thighs... So unfortunate.

"No, I don't mind if you all do. If you're looking for the resistance, I can lead you to them... And yeah, that's the way. But... It'd kind of odd that they're be going through here in their monster forms. Leaves too much of a trail..." That was a bad sign.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: September 18, 2016, 12:50:44 am »

Val shrugged.

"I don't think carts or most kind of monsters would leave that sort of trail. Maybe a bunch of Tavros dragging something heavy like a fallen tree? Or maybe you guys just find it faster to move in your natural forms? I know I run a lot faster on all fours than I do like this."

The Doog lifted a leg and wiggled her ankle, as if to demonstrate the difference between human feet and Doog feet.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: September 18, 2016, 12:56:07 am »

Inido watches the motion with enormous interest impassively, and clears his throat.

"...What's it like to have four legs, may I ask?"
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: September 18, 2016, 01:09:06 am »

"Comfortable. Your weight's spread out evenly and you're a lot closer to the ground so you can track scents easier. Though don't get me wrong, hands definitely have their advantages over paws in a lot of ways, and human people are more friendly to someone that looks mostly human than they are to a big shaggy wolf."

Val idly flexed her fingers when she mentioned hands.

"Running is a lot more fun on four legs, though. You can go a lot faster and it's more fun to chase things because you're not as likely to catch an ankle on something or stub a toe. And claws grip the ground better than shoes, too."

The Doog dropped into a crouch as she spoke, her palms flat on the ground and her tail wagging happily behind her. If it wasn't for the fact she was in human form, she would have the exact same posture as a sitting dog.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: September 18, 2016, 01:20:48 am »

Inido nodded as she explained. The man was legitimately interested, what can he say.

"Amazing... And you're the same inside, correct?"
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: September 18, 2016, 01:40:09 am »

Val tilted her head to the side questioningly. If she had stiff ears rather than floppy ones, it would be likely they too would be set at a confused angle.

"...Inside...? Do you mean heart and lungs and stuff? I dunno. I've never seen inside both a Doog and a human to compare. I think they'd be normal for my kind though."

"Oh! You mean bones, don't you?"

"No, they change too! It doesn't hurt, though. I just feel a little hot and bendy for a moment when I change. Colors get more muted and smells get sharper, but I still got a pretty good sniffer like this, too!"

She punctuated her statement with a short series of doggy-laugh yips and an exuberant tail wag, eyes closed for a moment.

"And my mind stays the same either way. I wonder if that's different for other Mauthe Doogs."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: September 18, 2016, 02:08:38 am »

"I would hope not."

"Well, thank you for the information."
Black lives matter.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: September 18, 2016, 02:11:18 am »

"Oh, right, we haven't been introduced have we? I mean when we were in town we were running from those knights and I was in my fur anyway. My name's Valerie Lebelle! What's yours?"
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 109