Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 109

Author Topic: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread Chapter 3x Elemental Clash  (Read 76152 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread
« Reply #495 on: October 11, 2015, 05:25:18 pm »

Gareth frowned, staring at the one sword hanging up on the wall. He barely noticed that he was being talked at before shaking his head.

"What? Oh, uh, Pasco has a gem we can sell I think. Beyond that, I don't think so."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: October 11, 2015, 05:31:20 pm »

Hanna looks at the sword that Gareth had been looking at, the Royal Rapier.
"That's quite a fine blade. I don't think I could use it myself, but I can certainly appreciate it."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: October 11, 2015, 06:04:08 pm »

Eneas shot Larini a shocked look.

: "Know ye not the Holy Maiden, Iris? She who hath in Her grace created man upon this earth and formed them in Her loving visage? When it was the Goddess' Turn to create a race upon the earth, Iris created mankind; Her ultimate work. She created humans and imbued them with Her Grace, Her Beauty, and Her Wisdom so that although we are not as strong as monsters or demons, by our craft and skill we might overcome the brutishness of all other races and rise above it as a radiant reflection of living glory."

His spiel finished, he turned to the commander.

: "T-thank you... I will go there directly. Once I am finished with my prayers, I shall return directly to this place and await further instruction."

With that said, he turned and walked straight to the temple. His head bowed slightly, as he whispered a few idle words into his fist. A prayer. Hopefully, war would not result of this. No. His father was too reasonable a man for that. Or would he.... Yes. Though Eneas hated to admit it, deep in his heart he knew that his Father would commit to war against Thaus if he had to. Perhaps he needed to write a letter. Something to let him know that he was alright.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: October 11, 2015, 08:40:12 pm »

"Indeed. I... It reminds me of a blade I saw back home. One made for the fighting style that I was raised in. If only I had brought more money with me... But it doesn't matter. My current blade works well enough."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: October 11, 2015, 08:42:39 pm »

"At least you got a real weapon. When I left Sanctuary, all I got was this thing." Hanna gestures to her wooden sword. "Frankly, I'm shocked this thing managed to be even a little effective."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: October 11, 2015, 08:48:18 pm »

"That's right. I forgot you were from Sanctuary. No offense but... what are you doing with this group? Seems to me you could be doing a lot better for yourself."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: October 11, 2015, 08:51:45 pm »

"Wasn't originally with them. I was a mercenary, Thaus hired me as a guard, and I got put in the same squad as them. Probably could have gone elsewhere, but pay was best there, and came with paid lodging."
Sigtext!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: October 11, 2015, 08:56:00 pm »

"Hmm, fair enough. If it wasn't for Eneas being forced to be with this group, I would have been long gone already. Well... if it wasn't for Eneas, I wouldn't even be here. But he and I were friends before he decided to flee, and as he's clearly shown, he's not the best at surviving so there was no way I was leaving him alone to deal with a bunch of monsters and monster lovers."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: October 11, 2015, 09:00:01 pm »

"Might want to be a bit less... hateful, towards monsters and humans that don't hate them here. I understand the viewpoint, but those born here may not."
Sigtext!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: October 11, 2015, 09:03:07 pm »

Gareth gave a shrug.

"And I don't understand their viewpoint. Seems like the best option will simply to be to agree to disagree and move on. I won't try to change their behavior and I won't change my own. I already risked my life and Eneas's life to save theirs. That in and of itself is more than I would have wanted. They should be happy to have gotten that much."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: October 11, 2015, 09:05:33 pm »

Cyryl goes off to find an apothecary or staff shop. Aloooooooone.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: October 11, 2015, 09:14:37 pm »

"Fair enough. I can't make promises for others, but I won't try to change your opinion on the matter." Hanna says. She looks over weapons for a bit, when a thought crosses her mind.

"Where will you go, once the whole business with Eneas is sorted out? You'll never be able to return to Sanctuary, having helped- in their view- get Eneas captured."
Sigtext!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: October 11, 2015, 09:17:07 pm »

Gareth sighed and rubbed a hand across his eyes.

"I'll be honest, I hadn't thought that far ahead. I know I won't be able to go home most likely, so I'll likely simply try and stay with Eneas. Or become a mercenary I suppose, if he doesn't need me."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: October 11, 2015, 09:24:12 pm »

"Hm. It might be difficult, in the latter case. Ideals and beliefs aside, most mercenary groups and assignments would involve working with monsters, simply because it's more effective."
Sigtext!

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: October 11, 2015, 09:28:00 pm »

Gareth simply shrugged.

"If I need to do it to live, I can keep my mouth shut. I haven't been here because I see no reason to do so. I stay with Eneas, so if they want to keep him, they need to deal with me. In other situations... well I've worked with people I don't like before. I can survive it if it's what I need to do. But that's in the future and not something I need to worry about. What about you? Why did you leave Sanctuary?"
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 109