Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 109

Author Topic: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread Chapter 3x Elemental Clash  (Read 76211 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread
« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2015, 03:10:03 pm »

"Ooh! I want to try magic too!"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2015, 03:32:11 pm »

"I doubt you have the talent for magic but your welcome to try, it will be interesting.  Your welcome to borrow my tome, just don't break it"
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 28, 2015, 04:14:08 pm »

"...what have tombs got to do with magic?" She snapped her talons again. "Are you a necronmancer?"

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 28, 2015, 05:16:41 pm »

Rydell frowned. He hardly wanted to interrupt but he'd stalled long enough.

"We've dawdled long enough, pack your gear and be ready by the gate by noon. We'll board wagons that will take us to our post and from there on it'll be a waiting game."

The mercenaries packed their things and gathered at the gate by noon; however, there was not a single wagon. But orders were orders so they sat and waited and finally, after an hour passed, the wagons arrived. Eager to get on the road, no one noticed that there was an extra package, one with air holes, loaded onto one of the wagons. It was a boring week of travel through Pasive to the coast and, other than the occasional trading village, there didn't seem to be anything else but plains and a few forests in the country. It really was nothing but a country of soldiers.

The base was, quite literally, on the Sanctuarian-Pasive border and more a fortress than a base. It walls merged with the cliff face behind it to create a truly tactically sound defensive border-fortress. A man clad head to toe in heavy armor and holding his helmet under his arm greeted the mercenaries before they even had a chance to disembark from their wagon.

"It's good you showed up when you did, mercenaries. I'm High Commander Torves, but we've hardly the time for pleasantries. We've just received word from one of our scouts that there's a Sanctuarian party making their way to the coast. Get there early and be prepared to ambush them. We'll be out there shortly, it takes time to sortie." As he turned to leave he mumbled something about "damn greenhorns" and went back into the fortress and shoved his helmet back onto his head.

With not a word the wagon coaches began heading to the coast. The ride was only about fifteen minutes, hardly worth sending the wagons but unloading everyone and everything would've just been a hassle. However it soon became apparent there was a slight hiccup somewhere down the line, for there was no Sanctuarian party nearby, but instead a ship flying a foreign flag. How this was possible was anyone's guess but to immediately assume they were hostile would be foolish. With any luck they could be persuaded to listen to reason and weren't monster haters.

Map Start!

Spoiler: Objective (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: HP (click to show/hide)
EXP: 83/100
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 05:48:31 pm by F.O.E. »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 28, 2015, 05:37:18 pm »

16,14, try to look relatively non-threatening.

Cyryl said nothing, but shot a questioning look at Rydell.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 28, 2015, 06:14:11 pm »

"So... I would assume we attempt diplomacy with this unknown force? Maybe send a few of our less threatening looking members forward first?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 28, 2015, 06:41:19 pm »

"I could do it! I'm a Bael. That should impress them."

16. 15

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 28, 2015, 06:44:59 pm »

"Wait, not yet. They look human, yes? Who knows if their land has Bael, or really any of what ours does? They may panic if they don't see humans first."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 28, 2015, 06:47:15 pm »

"I could stay non-spider, and then I can't really even fight. Not threatening at all."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 28, 2015, 06:50:40 pm »

"While that is a fair point, most humans don't have grey skin and four eyes. At least let me go with you."
Hanna walks forward also, with her sword undrawn. 17-13
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 07:48:27 pm by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 28, 2015, 07:56:31 pm »

"You humans are so naïve, I'll come with you, for protection, not to get a closer look at the unknown force."

17-14 In Naga form
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 28, 2015, 07:59:02 pm »

"...Did you even hear anything I just said"

Sigtext!

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 28, 2015, 09:26:32 pm »

"If our party is made of Humans Ian's Monsters then we should have a monster in the greeting party, plus if they are hostile you need a little muscle."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 28, 2015, 09:30:41 pm »

"...Fine. But try to make it clear you have no intent to attack unless they do, if you can."
Sigtext!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 28, 2015, 11:18:28 pm »

"This will most likely end in blood." Aenbarr sounded pessimistic but didn't take the front, apparently interested in giving dialog a chance.

Move to 18,12.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 109