Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 109

Author Topic: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread Chapter 3x Elemental Clash  (Read 76155 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread
« Reply #480 on: October 05, 2015, 07:33:11 pm »

Aenbarr calmly led her away from the location and towards the spot he had been occupying not long before. He continued to check his knapsack until he found his second waterskin, cushioned by his other belongings and consequently less affected by his bodily heat.

"Not as cool as I'd like to, but it'll have to do." he said, offering it to Larini.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:43:05 am by Caellath »
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: October 05, 2015, 10:44:09 pm »

As Hanna and Cyryl approached Rydell they could hear a brief conversation between their commander and General Torves.

"Pardon me sir, but I don't recall being a lieutenant in the Passan military. Or in the military to begin with for that matter; just a citizen turned mercenary captain."

"You've been drafted and subsequently promoted for you experience in the field; I suppose congratulations are in order, Lieutenant Carne. You will serve directly under me, those under your command are free to leave if they desire. If they choose to stay they'll remain under your command. Tell them at your convenience."

Rydell made to object, but silenced hmself before he could; he couldn't do anything about it. Or, if he did, he knew how the General would justify himself.

"Since you have no objections, I have another question. Are any of your group acquainted with a-" Torves was cut off by Hanna and her report.

"I suppose I shall ask later. In the meanwhile I will speak with this captain over some of my own concerns. Round up you men and return to to base; my men will stay here with me.

After Torves had left Rydell addressed Hanna and Cyryl.

"Thank you for the report." He was silent for a moment before continuing. "You heard that didn't you? That I, and by extension everyone else, has been drafted. You're free to leave if war isn't your cup of tea. No one would blame you if it wasn't.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 11:28:40 pm by F.O.E. »

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: October 05, 2015, 11:13:33 pm »

"Be careful with your magic."
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:00:38 am by fillipk »
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: October 06, 2015, 05:45:48 am »

"To be honest? It'll be hard for me, killing Sanctuarians. I grew up there after all. But Pasive and Thaus sheltered me when Sanctuary kicked me out. This is the least I can do."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: October 06, 2015, 08:03:36 pm »

Cyryl shrugged. "I don't really have anything else to do with myself. I suppose I might as well." It was true. The soldier's life lacked direction at the moment.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: October 07, 2015, 07:50:19 am »

: "M-my sincerest apologies. I hadn't intended for the spell to slip out like that..."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: October 11, 2015, 12:59:46 am »

"Everyone gather your things, we're heading back to the base." He addressed Eneas directly. "Seeing as the General didn't specify anything, I'm going to assume you and your men are with us. Come, this way."

The trip back took about half an hour, the time doubled without the wagons to transport everyone. Two heavily armored guards eyed the group as they approached the gate and as they got closer barred their way with their spears.

"May we pass? The General said to return here."

"You must be Lieutenant Carne; we've been expecting you. Are all these people under your command?"

"For now at least."

"Very well then, you may pass."

As the guards lowered their spears and stepped aside Rydell turned back at his mercenaries.

"I suppose now would be the best time to tell you all this. I've been drafted and if you continue to stay under my command you will likely be dragged into a war." Once again he looked specifically at Eneas. "Except for you and your men of course, I have no idea what General Torves has in mind for you." He turned back to his mercenaries. "Now would the time for you to leave if you don't want the life of a soldier. Your decision doesn't have to be instant and for tonight at least you can stay here regardless of your choice."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: October 11, 2015, 01:11:48 am »

Gareth had no real interest in sticking around for this discussion, so he wandered off, looking for a weapons shop.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: October 11, 2015, 11:31:36 am »

"I don't know where to go anyway, so this spider is sticking around."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: October 11, 2015, 11:33:06 am »

Hanna, having given her answer back at the ship, decides to follow Gareth into town. A rapier would be nice.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: October 11, 2015, 12:11:23 pm »

Eneas put on a stoic face and nodded.

: "I understand. I will await here for his word on the matter."

: "But ah... Before I forget. Is there a temple to the Lady in this town...? I wish to pay my respects to her."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: October 11, 2015, 12:27:58 pm »

"What lady?"
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: October 11, 2015, 04:56:55 pm »

"Life as a soldier would be interesting, I wouldn't mind a war, but it depends on who we are fighting."

Sarasgosd couldn't help but listen in on Eneas's conversation, he was interesting.  She stayed silent for now though.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: October 11, 2015, 05:16:02 pm »

Hanna and Gareth easily find the armory. When they enter the gruff looking man behind the counter grumbles to himself and points to a sign with the weapon prices neatly written on it.

Quote from: Armory
Iron Sword: 330 Gold.
Iron Lance: 300 Gold.
Iron Axe: 250 Gold.
Iron Bow: 350 Gold.
Iron Rapier: 370 Gold.
Royal Rapier: 1800 Gold.

Eneas put on a stoic face and nodded.

: "I understand. I will await here for his word on the matter."

: "But ah... Before I forget. Is there a temple to the Lady in this town...? I wish to pay my respects to her."

"There is a temple; however it is devoted to all three of the Gods. They do all have their own shrine dedicated to them though. It's in the center of the town."

"Life as a soldier would be interesting, I wouldn't mind a war, but it depends on who we are fighting."

Sarasgosd couldn't help but listen in on Eneas's conversation, he was interesting.  She stayed silent for now though.

"We'll most likely be fighting against Sanctuary. Not immediately of course, but as soon as the High Inquisitor tires of leaving Eneas' fate in our hands war will surely come."

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: October 11, 2015, 05:22:28 pm »

Hanna looks to Gareth.

"My group has 1000 gold. Did you bring any funds with you?"
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 109