Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 109

Author Topic: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread Chapter 3x Elemental Clash  (Read 76129 times)

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread
« Reply #1545 on: September 22, 2016, 05:36:01 pm »

"You're welcome. You're better off not defending Sanctuary around us, though. It's hopeless, though for good reasons." he replied to Eneas.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread Chapter 3x Elemental Clash
« Reply #1546 on: September 22, 2016, 09:10:31 pm »

"If you'll excuse me a moment," Rydell excused himself from Mahkin, moving over to the group having overheard their argument.

"Andala, if you don't stop swinging your staff like a club at the one person preventing full blown war back home, you'll have to answer to me." That said, he stepped over to Cyryl.

"I'd also encourage you to not get into a yelling match with him, either. While you're correct, he likely hasn't seen much beyond the palace. The High Inspector doesn't often let his sons out until they reach adulthood; something Eneas is probably a few years short of. As such, he probably doesn't know how monsters are brought into the country."

Isaac stared at Inido.

"Go ahead. Though you'll probably be disappointed by my reaction."

"Yeah, by that he means there won't be one!"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: September 22, 2016, 09:15:53 pm »

"Yeah, I get it." Cyryl lowered his voice, so that only Rydell would hear. Of course, certain other members of the party would doubtless pick up on it as well. "It's just hard to stand there and listen to it when it's all so much lies, you know? And then to be called a liar myself? It leaves me hot under the collar, that's all." Cyryl paused for a second, and a thought occurred. "...How do you know that stuff about the High Inspector? It doesn't sound like you're guessing."

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: September 22, 2016, 09:25:03 pm »

Sensing Cyryl's want for privacy and partly for his own sake, Rydell lowered his voice.

"As much as I don't like to admit it, I grew up in Sanctuary. And I didn't necessarily leave because I realized how... wrong they are. Let's just say I had to have it knocked into my skull, alright?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: September 22, 2016, 09:29:45 pm »

Nantale had been listening in on the conversation, and then growled slightly before phasing into her human form. Giving the mage a glance, she shrugged.

"Not much."

Walking over to Cyryl and Rydell, Nantale pointed at Cyryl.

"You. Explain some things to me. What is this Sanctuary place you are talking about? Clearly you do not agree with the young one about the situation with monsters, so tell me. What is this whole situation?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: September 22, 2016, 09:36:05 pm »

Cyryl made a face when Rydell admitted he was from Sanctuary. "Oh. Uh. Shit. Sorry about that, I guess my rant must've been a little hard to hear... Cyryl struggled for something to say, and grabbed a personal fact at random. "I'm actually from Sanctuary, by birth at least."

Cyryl jumped at Nantale's words, having not noticed her approach. "For goodness sake, make more noise when you move!" Cyryl took a breath, looked Nantale in the face, and sighed. "Look, back home where I'm from, there are a couple of nations. I was brought up in Thaus, but I serve to protect it in Pasive. It's sort of a... Giant military camp in a way. To the south, we share a border with Belitram, which is, uh, kind of a monsters only zone, and they pretty much all have beef with humans. I've never really been, so I can't say too much about them. To the north, there's a country called Sanctuary. It is filled with-" Cyryl glanced over at Eneas, and made a disgusted face. "They uh, they just aren't fans of monsters. There's also a place called Navim, but I don't honestly know much about it, I've never been in the area."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: September 22, 2016, 09:53:30 pm »

Nantale smirked slightly.

"I'm a cat. We're light walkers. Be more alert."

The explanation about the countries was interesting.

"So your people are not the ones who attacked our country. Since this is a different continent from yours, yes?"

She frowned, considering the situation and then sighed.

"So your military protects the countries against those in the country that is like the one that invaded my home. ... I owe you an apology. Not for attacking your people. That... I will not apologize for. But for the way I acted afterwards. I should have listened more. Seeing you all fight to protect those naga and the ones they represent... As well as backing me up when I attacked those wyverns instead of letting me fall... I judged you incorrectly I think."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 22, 2016, 09:59:21 pm »

"...Well, it's not like we could leave you to die for doing the right thing." Cyryl shrugged and extended his hand to Nantale. "Apology accepted, I suppose. It'd be a pain in the ass to hold a grudge while we're stuck here anyway." Cyryl smiled, just a little.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 22, 2016, 10:04:53 pm »

Reaching out and shaking his hand, Nantale nodded.

"Fair enough. Still, I appreciate it. You will have to tell me more about your lands at some point though. I am interested to hear about other people who live humans and monsters side by side."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 22, 2016, 10:10:39 pm »

Cyryl shrugged again. "I suppose I don't mind talking about home. What do you want to know about?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 22, 2016, 10:15:18 pm »

"What sort of monsters do you have there? The same kinds that we do? How do you all live? Are there many villages with a mix of humans and monsters? What about relationships between the two? Just... what is life like for you?"
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 10:27:58 pm by Swordstar »

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 22, 2016, 10:23:56 pm »

"Well, I'd never met catpeople or birdpeople until we washed up on your island, so, not all the same kinds I guess." Cyryl considered some of the other questions. "I suppose most villages in Thaus have at least a couple of humans or monsters. The one I grew up in was mostly humans, but there were a bunch of monsters too." Cyryl sighed wistfully, remembering a particular Naga he had grown up with. "Uh, what do you mean relationships?" Cyryl didn't feel super comfortable playing his hand there.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 22, 2016, 10:28:12 pm »

Nantale gave him a look as if to say she wasn't fooled.

"There are families of humans and my people back on my island. Of humans and nagas, of humans and ravens. Do you understand what I meant now?"

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 22, 2016, 10:32:09 pm »

"Uh, well, you know, about as common as anything else, at least in Thaus. My mom dated a Tarvos for a while when I was younger, but they broke it off for some reason a long time ago."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 22, 2016, 10:33:35 pm »

"Hmm. Interesting. And your government? How does that work?"
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 109