Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 109

Author Topic: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread Chapter 3x Elemental Clash  (Read 76197 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread
« Reply #1110 on: March 09, 2016, 07:09:37 pm »

"Oh good. It's always nice to get to fight some racists idiots. Usually those are the only visitors we get. Figure even giving them a chance to surrender before stabbing them is a good way of handling them after what has happened in the past. And good. She must worry about you seeing the situations you seem to get yourself in."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 09, 2016, 07:15:08 pm »

"Well, looks like I can append 'making assumptions' to your list of pastimes. Beaching ourselves on Xenphobatopia is far and away the worst thing that's ever happened to me. Everything else has been fairly bog standard for a member of the militia like myself. Except for getting saddled with the idiot from the racist capital of the world. And his retainers." Cyryl sighed.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 09, 2016, 07:18:30 pm »

"Hmm, I like that name. So much more interesting than Bovul. But ah well, we probably can't change it now. Well hopefully your ship will be repaired soon and you can send letters to your dear old mother telling her all about it. And I won't have to babysit you and your group anymore."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 09, 2016, 07:20:44 pm »

"Thank goodness, something we agree on." Cyryl began to sulk harder, if that was possible.

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 09, 2016, 07:45:09 pm »

Nantale frowned. She'd actually been beginning to enjoy the verbal sparring the two of them had got going and now he had to go and be all depressed. Ugh. She let out a little sigh and then commented,

"You know, for someone who had essentially everything go for him after a major snag in your plans, you sure seem unhappy. It's not like you're stuck on an island for your whole life. You'll get to get out of here."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 09, 2016, 07:49:29 pm »

"You're absolutely right," Cyryl said sourly, "I should be grateful that my neck is still on my shoulders after circumstances beyond my control landed me here and forced me to wander into a forest full of stab-happy natives in order to bury a racist asshole. And once we leave here, all we have to do is sail in circles for a year before I can return home. Truly, I should choreograph a new folk dance to express my good fortune."

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 09, 2016, 07:54:58 pm »

"Hmm. If you bury him, he might become a mole, this spider guesses? Since he won't get caught in any webs."
"Ooh, I can help you dig a hole! This spider is good at digging."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 09, 2016, 07:55:26 pm »

Nantale rolled her eyes.

"Yes because getting to travel the world freely is such a burden. It's amazing how much fun it is for an entire population to be trapped away from the rest of the world. Clearly you should try it some time. And if you'd rather your neck placement was moved, I'm sure some of the members of my militia that you beat up would gladly accommodate you if you asked nicely."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 09, 2016, 08:04:18 pm »

Cyryl actually looked at Nantale for the first time in the conversation. "As if you gave us a choice! I don't know how things are around here. That said, where I come from, most people aren't content to disarm in front of hostiles to be dragged before the local authorites who will determine whether or not they live or die. If you people are going to react that way to foreigners, I think you should damn well stay isolated. And I never even wanted to travel! I just wanted to keep my countrymen safe from Sanctuarians! But apparently part of that duty occasionally involves taking one of their noblemen on a sightseeing tour of the least cordial country in the world! Woe is you, held hostage among your friends and family on an island beset by the rampaging hordes of crashed sailors!"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 09, 2016, 08:10:01 pm »

Nantale glared right back at him.

"Yes, because it's so unreasonable to ask armed strangers to disarm and explain what they're doing on what is theoretically an unaccessable island after literally every other group that has shown up has murdered everyone they could here. Even the ones that pretended to be nice at first. It's so stupid of us to learn from the past. Much better to just risk the lives of every child on the island. Of every defenseless person. Why ever did we not think of that? And you volunteered to serve your country. That doesn't always show up in the way you expected it to. If you truly wanted to serve them, you wouldn't complain."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 09, 2016, 08:15:20 pm »

"Agreeing to do something doesn't mean I have to enjoy every second of it. But no, you're totally right about the way you defend your island. Gods above fucking forbid that you maybe use your mind and try to, oh, I dunno, make a damn judgement call about whether or not someone is a threat before deciding to fucking slaughter them to the man. Doesn't matter how many unfortunate innocents you have to kill so long as no one you know has to twist an ankle."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 09, 2016, 08:18:30 pm »

"Since when were they going to kill you? We don't slaughter people even after it has been done to us over and over. We were going to subdue you, tie you up in a nice little bow, and let the king decide what to do with you. Because that's his job. Our job is to make sure that no one armed makes it to our village. Not deciding the life or death fate of people."

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 09, 2016, 08:22:53 pm »

"And how the hell were we to know that, huh? We're a small group of militiamen and sailors, not a military force, of course we're going to be defensive when we wind up inside the borders of a nation we didn't know existed yesterday. In our shoes, would your people have thrown down their weapons and smiled as they get tied up before being led to the arbiter of their fates? Because from the way your scouts were talking to us, I was feeling pretty certain we were all gonna get our throats cut! Well gosh, I suppose we were supposed to take you at your word, same as you did for us. Oh wait."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: March 09, 2016, 08:30:27 pm »

Nantale just rolled her eyes.

"Pretty sure, from the report I got from them, they used the word subdue and detained a couple of times in there. But, you know, the whole not believing thing again. Suppose it was the only way this was going to play out. Oh well."

She shook her head and sat down with her back against the tree, staring out across the ocean waves.

"If your group had been the first on these shores, it would have been different. We welcomed those groups with open arms. But we can't afford to do that anymore. Too many families have been destroyed because we were too trusting."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: March 09, 2016, 08:47:23 pm »

"They totally gonna marry. They will continue to argue, then next time they will spar with real weapons, and on third date you will find them missing in a forest for whole night. You just see, I will be their wedding priest." Andala half-whispered to Valerie.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 109