Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 109

Author Topic: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread Chapter 3x Elemental Clash  (Read 76222 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Clashing Ideals IC Thread
« Reply #1020 on: February 11, 2016, 03:30:55 am »

Andala gently bopped Valerie with the wooden end of her staff.

"Silly, if my knowledge of maps is any good, then we first sailed south and then east to circle our continent. It will be vaguely north-west of here, if anything. Speaking of continents, I never saw any map with any land painted in the south. Is it another magical thing, mayhaps hiding the land from eyes of sailors when they by chance sail past here, hmm?"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: February 11, 2016, 03:41:35 am »

Valerie rubbed her head where she got bopped with both hands and gave Andala a miffed frown, then stuck her tongue out at her.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: February 11, 2016, 03:51:46 am »

The Prince's frown deepened.

"Ships do land here about once every few years; though, I'm told they were much more frequent in the past. They've rarely held anyone who didn't want to kill us on sight and most of the ones that didn't were just biding their time. And I assume part of the reason my people attacked you was because of their commander. She's well liked for her skill and success; many of our guardsmen and women look up to her. I apologize on her behalf for the mess she made."

He looked confused when Valerie mentioned Pasive and even more so when Andala asked about magically hiding their island.

"I've never heard of that country nor any land to our west during my schooling. Though I could ask the historians," he added with a mumble. "As for hiding, we aren't to my knowledge. Near The Ancient Purge's end, we were split off from the continent to the east of us by a massive earthquake and have been here since. A blessing in disguise it was, for our kingdom was on the verge of destruction.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: February 11, 2016, 04:16:28 am »

"It's OK, we didn't know there was a continent east of us until recently, too! There's this big magic storm that wrecks every ship that ventures too far from our shores. We had this protective spell that was supposed to get us through it but it broke and then we ended up wrecked here. If we get our ship fixed do you think we'd need another spell to keep going east, or would we only need one to go west?"
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: February 11, 2016, 04:19:15 am »

"Good for you, being all isolated from those monster-hating easterners! Unfortunately we in north-west have an entire country of anti-monster people to struggle against. We had no idea of any lands beyond ours till that ship carrying some prince of sorts from the eastern land arrived at our shore. Unfortunately they tried to kill to our monster friends at sight, emphasis on 'tried'. We then took the ship's captain and he promised to sail us to eastern continent to deliver that-" Andala pointed her staff at Eneas. "Blonde boy over there to that eastern land for protection, but I can already make a guess that it won't be as easy, if current events are any indication. Well, we're going east becasue the boy is a son of some high-ranking person from monster-hating country on our continent and we agreed to get him to safety. But the whole journey took a thing for the worse because there was the magic storm that got through our spell and one of Eneas' guards got crushed by a falling mast and then we beached on your shores and your lieutenant tried to kill us all on a trigger. Oh and I'm telling you all this because in all my adventure and story books there's always a contrast between the 'Prince' and the 'King' in which one is violent and stubborn and other is trusting and reasonable, so I'm trying to convey as much information to the reasonable one before a bad thing or two might happen to us, in case your father does turn out to be full of suspicion, mistrust and outright hatred." Andala took a deep breath after this lengthy, exhausting exposition and summary of the game plot so far.

"I hope you're not offended by my... blunt honesty."
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: February 11, 2016, 07:43:52 am »

Hanna puts her weapons in the chest.
"Perhaps you should hold your judgment on the king until we have met him? This isn't a book."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 11, 2016, 08:05:29 am »

"Maybe. We will see."
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 11, 2016, 08:15:08 am »

Valerie's tail wagged.

"Is it one of those books where the priestess is taken in by the islander prince and they falllll innnn luuuuuuv?~"

The Doog lightly slugged Andala's upper arm as she teased her.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 11, 2016, 08:17:06 am »

"Naw, it's more tragic and more life-like, similar to 'The Final Hour' by Lord Solymr, if you've ever read it. People die a lot, conspiracies everywhere, and so on. Even the good guys get bad over time."
SigFlags!

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 11, 2016, 09:24:19 am »

"I don't have time to read. The sea air would be bad for books anyway. They get all damp and the pages soak together."

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 11, 2016, 09:44:54 am »

: "It is my hope that king will be a man of reason." Said Eneas as he passed his book into the confines of the chest.  "I-I've never hurt anyone."

"At least... Not intentionally in that way..."
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 11, 2016, 10:25:05 am »

Cyryl stood in front of the chest for a long time before finally dropping his lance into the chest. "I think this is the first time I've gone anywhere but a bed without my weapon since I learned how to use one."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 11, 2016, 03:04:51 pm »

Aenbarr still didn't trust the paranoid people, being suspicious of their behavior himself, but didn't protest since the prince seemed more reasonable and the option they had been given didn't include hogtying them. The tarvos didn't even complain as he surrendered his axes, though he did visibly frown as he turned into his bipedal form and put on the ring.

"And once again on two legs."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 13, 2016, 12:36:00 am »

Andala's exposition was lost on the Prince; all of his attention had been given to Valerie when she mentioned they had been protected from the deadly waters of the ocean.

"How did you do it? How did you devise a way to cut through the curse?"

It seemed all eyes were on Valerie now; well, all but a few anyway. The guard by the chest rummaged through their pouch and pulled out a book.

"So that's where this came from," they mumbled. "Tell me, what did you think of Asher Sangrey, arguably one of the most important characters?"

Before Andala could answer several guards piped up.

"What? You've still going on about that weirdo? Harlan Coronas and his brother Harold were the best! I mean, they were clearly the reason why the plot actually got interesting!"

"How droll. Albert Rudolph was the binding that held the group together. Without him, it may have split off into multiple poorly written points of view."

"Please, we all know that, despite her short screen time, Clare Redwing was the best written out of all of them."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 12:51:22 am by F.O.E. »

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 13, 2016, 12:45:58 am »

Val shifted uncomfortably, left hand on right forearm, tail wilted.

"I don't know, honest. I heard it was a spell or something; it was already on the ship when I took the assignment to serve on it."
« Last Edit: February 13, 2016, 04:14:33 pm by SeriousConcentrate »
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 109