Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Roll to Claim the Power! The battle begins! (And ends)(7/6)  (Read 7554 times)

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Can I get a description of the abomination? Maybe Google Images can help if you lack imagination.))

"Abominations are enormous piles of roughly connected humanoid body parts, animated by both necromantic and demonic forces"
I got that from Dungeon crawl Stone soup.

Hey kilakan, can you tell me what exactly the shatter burst does? I don't really get what concussive explosion is.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 04:53:04 am by conein »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Instead of it being a frag grenade, or fire/heat style grenade it's more like a demolition charge.  Strong blast that blows things apart with just force more than anything.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand_grenade#Concussion specifically that type of explosion.
Nom nom nom

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

6+1+1= 8)
8= 8)?
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

6+1+1= 8)
8= 8)?
Now that's embarassing  :( (i had already fixed it. Also dont you have an action to post?)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 09:06:06 am by conein »

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile

Here's the fix.
6+1+1=8)
Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah, random.org. I'd almost forgotten.
Kick annoying gnome into the stratosphere. Then stomp all over grass some more.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, I thought H4zardZ1 had to post an action, but he is not in the game. I guess he's just looking at it? Anyways I only need your action tiger.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Since tiger didn't connect for 2 days and he hasn't much choice since he has to fight a thing  in front of him, i'll just update now.

Turn three: battle starts now

Vargos firebeetle:

Having never really seen a snowman before, Vargos assumes it is some sort of vile construct created by the gods of ice.  To be extra safe he decides to smite it with fiery fury just in case.
Vargos casts shatterburst on the Mansnow, attempting to explode it into thousands of little pieces.

*Side addendum vargos found surfing on the icey death fun and makes a mental note to try that later with fire.

Speed:
Vargos: 4
Snowman: 8

The totally innocent snowman moves!!! Would you look at that, it was actually an haunted snowman, how unexpected!
And it proceeds to cast his snowblast:

Power: (5+2= 7) ouch
Control: (4+1=5)

A powerful blizzard comes out of the snowman's hands, and it is directed to Vargos:
Dodge: (4+2-2 (blizzard)=4) but everyone knows goblins are hard to hit. Vargos runs away from the blizzard thanks to his goblin-ness.

Seeing that the snowman's eyes are burning with rage, Vargos tries to explode it forever:

Power: (3+3=6)
Control: (4-2=2)
A powerful blast is generated by Vargos' magic, and both him and the snowman are unavoidably involved in the explosion!

Vargos resistance: (1!-1+2 goblin= 2) Snowman: (6!-2 snowman-1= 4) Why are you guys so unlucky?

Vargos is blasted away by his own explosion, and (damage: 4+1 powerful, no bonuses for this) not only the explosion caused him multiple wounds, but he also passes out.

The snowman, on the other hand, is just knocked away a little. And now he is ready to fuck Vargos up.

Julia cartier and Hrdoghrandamaerloness Val Khaless:

Look at the "Meat thing" If it moves, cast Holy Light on it.
Speed:
Living lump of flesh: 9-2 (slow)= 7
Julia Cartier: 4
Hrdoghrandamaerloness: 10

Hrdoghrandamaerloness is the first to act. If only his pickup lines were better, that girl wouldn't have focused on the meat wall!
He tries to fix what he caused to happen, but he realizes his spells can't do anything about a lump of flesh, so he nopes away with invisibilty:

Power: (5+3=8)
Control: (6+2=8)
An exceptionally powerful magic cloak covers the elf, making him invisible for five turns! (attacking will remove two turns)
Luck: (7) the spell was so powerful that the cloak covers Julia too, for three turns!

Then the lump of flesh tries to attack something, even if he can't really see anyone with his unholy vision:

(1-1-2 invisible) the thing was so much confused, that while trying to move himself he lost a good part of his mass.  (now a small lump of flesh)

Julia proceeds to finish this unholy abomination with his holy light!

Power: (3+1=4)
Control: (5)
The spell is powerful enough to delete the small unholy thing from existance, without even rolling. That wasn't too bad.

Avery protagoniste:

Avery jumps to the side, saying. "At least it isn't damn lizardmen. Huh where did I get that from?" He then summons markus, lord of randomly selected titles!

Speed:
Rat 1: 10
Rat 2: 9
Rat 3: 9
Avery: 6

These rats sure are fast. The leader rat attacks Avery first (2) but misses because rats suck.
The other two rats attack together! (2, 5) The first one imitates his boss, while the other one bites Avery's leg! (Resistance: 6-1=5) But this giant rat's bite is weaker than a normal rat's.

Then Avery understands he needs some manpower, and he summons Markus, lord of (3) coffee.
Power: (3+2+1= 6)
Control: (4+1+1=6)
Markus is summoned from oblivion, and will stay in this dimension for 5 turns! (Luck: 7) And he gets the idea of punching a rat, how clever.
(6) He punches a rat in the face and (2+2=4) the rat is wounded.

Spoiler: Markus, lord of coffe (click to show/hide)
Rat 1: fine
Rat 2: fine
Rat 2: wounded

Krug:

Kick annoying gnome into the stratosphere. Then stomp all over grass some more.

Speed:
Gnome: 3
Krug: 6

Krug is annoyed by this baby. What does he want, a kick? Then he will get a kick! (6-1) The gnome is kicked in the stomach! (1+4) It flies away and (Resistance: 4-2 powerful=2) he is blasted into stratosphere. At least in Krug's perspective.

Now that Krug is winner, he stomps all over the grass to show the gnome who rules! Ahah!

When he's done fucking around, Krug looks around the room. It is like his home, full of trees and grass, and there is even a small waterfall!
Exploration: (7) Krug is not tricked by this stupid place, and he sees something behind the waterfall. He walks there, and finds an (3: armor piece) helmet.

Aralim:

Purge the abomination.
(2 turns divine armor, 4 turns blessing) Just kidding, no more armor.

Speed:
Abomination: 3
Aralim: 2-2=0

The multiple body parts attached to each other appearing in from of him scared the crap out of Aralim, giving the Abomination two attacks!

(3) First it tries to swing at Aralim with its body parts, but fails. Then, it ejects acid from its body! (5) The acid goes all over aralim (resistance: 6+1-2 angel-2 acid=3) Luck: (2) his armor is destroyed. And he is damaged. (1+1 acid) No, just his clothes.

Aralim then purges his unholy enemy:

Power: (2+1+1=4)
Control: (3+1+1=5)
(2) but he fails to place his hand on that thing because he keeps getting pushed away.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fly high up into the air, then dive really quickly and Purge the abomination.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Avery will shout "Markus, coffee them!" he shall then summon his sentient blade, which is named Al.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Claim the Power! The battle begins! (And ends)(7/6)
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2015, 02:32:10 pm »

Put on helmet. Then explore some more.
Smash list - 1 Gnome
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2015, 02:36:00 pm »

Erm, attempt to regain consciousness and then fireball if I am not snowman chow before then.
Nom nom nom

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2015, 03:09:21 pm »

"Coward. First you hit on me and then run away at the sight of danger?"

Explore the room that the fleshy thing was in.

The flesh thing was not in a room, it created itself with the wall

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 27, 2015, 11:18:30 am »

I will now update since saber is still ded, and i won't be able to update from tomorrow on (maybe). Anyways, would you guys like me to put the rolls in a spoiler, or you like seeing them?

Turn four: more fighting action

Aralim:

Fly high up into the air, then dive really quickly and Purge the abomination.
Speed:
Abomination: 6
Andres: 9
(3 turns blessed)

Andres understands that he has to go the hard way, and he tries some badass flying action: (Dex: 2) but he fails. He uses his wings to go up into the air, and then he goes down again, only to realize he hasn't achieved anything.

After this stupid fail, he tries once again to purge that junk:

Power: (3+1+1=5)
Aralim's hand glows with divine power, and (4) he places it in the abomination's head! One of the heads! (damage: 2+1 well made spell +2 unholy+ 2 blessed=7) The abomination writhes in pain! (Resistance: 5-2 holy-2 powerful=1) It releases a powerful scream and then it sort of falls apart... and it becomes a non-living pile of junk.

Now that Aralim doesn't have any bad people in front of him, he inspects the room: there is (1) an other hallway. It (3) is still made of meat. The room is the same, just stink and flesh and stuff. Was that really a waste of time?... suddently, a weird sound comes from somewhere, something emerges from the fleshy ground: a mask. It is, for sure, an unique one. Aralim can feel the mask's power, but when he tries to look at it, his eyes just seem to move away. (luck: 3) Aralim understands that wearing it will have an effect. Thanks, Sherlock.

Avery Protagoniste:

Avery will shout "Markus, coffee them!" he shall then summon his sentient blade, which is named Al.
Speed:
Rat 1: (1)
Rat 2: (2)
Rat 3: (3) i am not joking nor faking the rolls. Random.org feels funny today.
Avery: (7)

While the rats seem to be starting a dance or something, Avery proceeds to give orders and summon stuff. First, he tells Markus to use his dumb magic (Control: 6+1-2 demon= 5)  and Markus totally gets it:
Power: (4+2=6)
Control: (5-1=4)
Very hot coffe comes out of Markus' hands, directed towards (3) the already wounded giant rat. (2) The coffee wave goes past the lucky rat (luck:1) AND ACTUALLY HITS AVERY SOMEHOW BECAUSE OF HIS LUCK ROLLS: Resistance: (3-1+2 fire resistant=4) luckily the GM remembers that the coffee is supposed to do damage because it's hot, and Avery resists the fire thanks to his trait.

But still, stoopid Markus! Avery needs a more clever minion:
Power: (3+2+1=6)

And his sentient telephatic demonic sword (STDS) is summoned. for three turns. (sword: +2 dexterity and damage)

The giant rats are ready for their super dancing attack plan: the first rat does some sick dance moves and (6) then jumps up to Avery's face and slaps it: (Resistance: 6-1 well made slap= 5) Avery is confused but fine. Right after the first one, another rat makes a sick somersault reaching Avery's face and (6) slaps it once again! (Resistance: 2-1 well made slap= 1) Avery is slapped!!! This caused him to lose a tooth, spit blood, and feel bad for his actions!!! (-1 to resistance rolls, wounded)
But it is not over, the last rat spins around and (5) jumps at the same time, making another sick slap! (Resistance: 4-1 slapped face) (Luck: 7) Avery is slapped in his poor face again, but he shrugs it off.

Krug:

Krug wears the helmet. (3, this is a good roll) He feels...weird. More calm, but not the kind of "i don't want to kill people" calm... he is... focused! (+3 dexterity while wearing helmet, but no armor bonus)
Krug then remembers "he" forgot to look for other hallways: (1,3) there is only another hallway, and it is made of stupid weak dead people meat. ((I guess you'd just go there so i'll do that for you.))

Krug proceeds to go there looking for these stupid weak dead people I was talk talking about, and after some walking with his feet sinking in the meat, he finds a wall. What is this supposed to mean? Krug shouts at the stupid wall, and it goes down, revealing a room with the same appearance of the hallway. There seems to be no weaklings around.

Vargos Firebeetle:

Erm, attempt to regain consciousness and then fireball if I am not snowman chow before then.
Speed:
Haunted snowman: 6
Vargos: 1 Everytime you guys roll so badly i feel bad.

The snowman prepares to destroy Vargos with his ice spike:
Power: (5+2=7)
Control: (2+1=3)
An huge ice spike appears out of thin air, but the snowman can't control it and (Vargos luck: 1) (Snowman luck: 4)the ice spike moves so that it targets Vargos, but it is behind the Snowman. (Snowman resistance: 2-2snowman -2 powerful ice spike=-2)The ice spike suddently start moving at high speed penetrating the snowman and exploding the crap out of him, and (Vargos' extra luck roll because the snowman died: 8 ) luckily, the ice bolt stops receiving magical energy from the snowman and falls on the ground, landing two feet away from Vargos.

Since the battle is over and wasting turns would be dumb, Vargos wakes up. He sees a pile of snow, an huge ice spike two feet away from him, and... a wand! There is a wand in the pile of snow! There is also (1,1) an hallway of the same kind of the volcanic one you saw before. You don't feel lucky anymore.

Julia Cartier and Hrdoghrandamaerloness Val Khaless:

Julia and the sleepy elf proceed in the hallway, only to find a wall made of arms, legs, eyes, heads, ears... Julia is not tricked and can feel the necromantic power coming out of the "wall": it is actually an abomination!

Wow, that took me 3 hours to make this update. Probably because i kept leaving the computer. Well, anyways, it's here now.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 27, 2015, 11:36:58 am »

"Okay, slap me once because I destroyed your civilization in a drunken rampage, shame on me, slap me twice because I destroyed your civilization on drunken rampage, still shame on me, BUT THREE TIMES!!! You gonna get murdered on a boat son." Al says (telepathiclly and only to Avery.) "We don't have a boat" to which Avery says "Shut up Al, it was a metaphorical boat" and with that he summons a demon and runs forward, engaging one of them in combat while yelling "Marcus coffee them!!".
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6