Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Roll to Claim the Power! The battle begins! (And ends)(7/6)  (Read 7568 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Claim the Power! Join now for free cookies! (5/6)
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2015, 07:25:01 am »

This was posted at 3AM my time and didn't see it. I'll start writing up a sheet.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2015, 07:25:58 am »

Sample turn five:

Avery Protagoniste:

Avery will summon his demonic sentient telepathic sword. If this succeeds he will attempt to enrage the blade, causing it to become hot enough to be able to cauterize my wound. I will then cauterize my wound using the blade.
Avery thinks that since he's been so unlucky, now there is no way he will still be so unlucky.
He proceeds to summon his demonic sentient telepathic sword:

Power: (1+2+1-1=3)
Control: (6! +1+1-1=7)
I had to redo the turn because i forgot your +1 to conjuration.

The spell is barely successful, and the sword is summoned. It is a short sword, with no special properties, except being telephatic and demonic.
Happy for his success, Avery tries to make the blade enraged and become red. Another luck roll incoming.
(Luck: 9) Avery manages to throw all of his bad thoughts at the sword, and since its telephatic and demonic and stuff, its edge becomes hot. Avery grabs the sword and (First aid roll: 1...ok.) stabs himself multiple times with the sword. This is how you cauterize, right? No? Then

Avery Protagoniste, the tiefling, died to a lizardman and to his own lack of skill in first aid.

This was posted at 3AM my time and didn't see it. I'll start writing up a sheet.

Fantastic.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 07:50:42 am by conein »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2015, 07:35:09 am »

Avery shall try to bandage up the wound with some medical supplies in of his pockets. If I have none then try to do what I did last turn again.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2015, 08:14:45 am »

Spoiler: Aralim (click to show/hide)

The mechanics for the characters are great, especially since it allows for players to come up with their own stuff.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 08:51:08 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2015, 08:21:06 am »

Angel, huh? Too bad this thing has no maluses, except the stepping on unholy ground thing. I made some changes to the fairy, maybe you want to choose that? I'm still open to suggestions.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2015, 08:29:35 am »

The "+1 damage vs unholy both ways" meant it does extra damage to unholy but also takes extra damage from it. How about this for a malus: wears an amulet that, if taken off, slowly weakens the angel and if destroyed, instantly kills the angel.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 08:32:23 am by Andres »

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2015, 08:35:05 am »

I put the angel in the OP or whatever it's called, copypaste it from there. I dont think it's unbalanced.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2015, 08:38:49 am »

If you can't figure out a rebalenced angel you could make an aasimar. (Like a tiefling but for gods instead of daemons and they don't have horns or tails. Or little stubby wings that you tell no one about and serve no purpose.)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2015, 08:42:32 am »

Stupid phone version doesn't tell me when people post when I am typing. So now that this has happened are we starting?

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2015, 08:51:14 am »

And now we have 7 people. Shadow, i will put you in the waitlist i guess, but now the fairy no longer has -3 strenght but only -2.
Yep, i still don't know how you guys are supposed to find the crystal. And i have to work on all the monsters, there are 6 different kinds of places in the labyrinth and i need 3 monsters for each difficulty (easy normal and hard) of each place.
The places are: "normal" the flat metal hallway (already done), volcanic, "meaty" or unholy where the undead and unholy stuff should be, then "holy" there will be enemies here too, "natural" stuff like bears, and "frost" where cold stuff is. I'd really appriciate help.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2015, 08:52:44 am »

I put the angel in the OP or whatever it's called, copypaste it from there. I dont think it's unbalanced.
Done. It's good balance. Thanks.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2015, 08:55:24 am »

I have a pathfinder beastary sitting around so I can give you some monsters?

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2015, 09:03:16 am »

Of course you can Hiddenleafguy.
Hey shadow, there is nothing wrong with your spells, but there is no sunlight in the labyrinth, so you might want to change.

Turn one: possible love story?

After performing the ritual, everyone enters the labyrinth, be it for power or for peace.

Vargos Firebeetle:

Vargos finds himself on the ground. He looks around and sees (4) possible ways to go, and he's in the middle of the crossway. In front of him (1) is an hallway made of volcanic stone, with some lava dripping from the roof. Behind him is (4) a white hallway that looks like it's made out of clouds. On his right (5) a flat gray hallway that seems to be made of metal and on his left (2) an hallway that seems to be made of ice, with some ice spikes coming out of the roof. It seems he has plenty of ways to go, and he is ready to blow shit up.

Julia Carter:

Julia is teleported in the labyrinth. Looking around, she sees (1) an hallway in front of her. It looks like (3) the hallway is made of... meat? An horrible stink comes out of it. Then she looks behind her and sees and elf. She wonders where the stink is coming from.

Hrdoghrandamaerloness Val Khaless

The elf with a long name is in da labyrinth. He looks in front of him, only to see an human girl and a weird hallway made of meat. Wow.

Avery Protagoniste.
Avery finds himself in the labyrinth. He looks around, and sees two gray flat hallways on the right and on the left. He'd swear that already happened.

Krug:
Krug enters the labyrinth ready to fuck everything up. He gives a look around and sees (4) possible ways to go, and he is in the middle of the crossroad. (I kinda suck at writing so things may look the same) In front of him (5) a flat gray hallway, on the left (6) an hallway that seems to be the path of a wood. All around it there are a lot of trees, the ground is full of grass, and the roof is not there.

Aralim
Aralim enters the dungeon from the heavens. He looks around and he sees (3) more descriptions to make. In front of him (1) is an hallway made of volcanic stones, dripping lava from the roof, pretty hot. On the left (4) an hallway that seems to be made of clouds. He can sense an holy aura coming out of it. On the right (3) a not so holy meaty hallway, pretty unholy and pretty smelly.

Make your moves, meatbags.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:17:08 pm by conein »

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Claim the Power! Startin'up! (7/6)
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2015, 09:19:14 am »

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/-bestiary-by-terrain  here this might be of some use when looking for ideas.  Otherwise can't wait to blow things up, most likely myself.
Nom nom nom

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Claim the Power! Startin'up! (7/6)
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2015, 09:48:27 am »

For the unholy dungeon we have Hell hounds which are intelligent (relatively so) fire immune wolves, unread, a lich, a nalfeshnee demon (they are well. I'll just tell you the flavor text. A towering, corpulent beast, this fiend has the hideous head of a boar and arms ending in fatty, four-fingered hands.), and of course no dungeon would be complete without a Balor Demon as a boss (This winged fiend's horned head and fanged visage present the perfection of the demonic form, spurting from its flesh.).
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6