Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why wildlife stopped coming to my area via underground cave  (Read 772 times)

em1LL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi all!

It seems like all wildlife stopped coming to my area via underground cave. Is it ok or just a bug?

Thanks in advance.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: Why wildlife stopped coming to my area via underground cave
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 09:38:45 am »

There's generally only one group of animals at a time, so its possible something stealthy entered and you just can't see it. It's also possible there's just a bit of time between the last group and your new group, but it's normally instant as soon as the last group is gone a new group shows up. You also could have extincted all life in that cavern layer. It would take quite a lot, but I'm pretty sure it can happen if enough cavern creatures are killed.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

em1LL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 09:52:59 am »

There's generally only one group of animals at a time, so its possible something stealthy entered and you just can't see it
How to check it? Just send military dwarves to this cave?

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 10:13:17 am »

There's generally only one group of animals at a time, so its possible something stealthy entered and you just can't see it
How to check it? Just send military dwarves to this cave?
I believe so. I know that giant cave spiders, as well as gremlins aren't revealed upon entering the map, so you'd have to have a dwarf, animal from your fortress,or cage trap find them. There might also be more types of stealthy cavern creatures, but those are the only ones I know of.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia