Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Evil Mastermind  (Read 5083 times)

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
Re: Evil Mastermind
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 05:54:06 am »

C.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 06:07:03 am »

C
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2015, 06:25:46 am »

Well, no matter what we do, once we are a target for military action, we are in grave danger of being screwed.

And, really, if we research without limits or borders, and anything of it is of military use, we will soon have that problem.
We are then bound to be labeled as "terrorist group", by any country who fears our advances might get into the wrong hands.

As such; C
Fewer leaks - safe from those bringing in saltwater - and rather hard to find. Perfect for our cause.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2015, 10:04:10 am »

Only real problem with option C is that it blows all our cash at once. Se we have come up with way to make money quickly. But I agree, safety first.

C.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2015, 10:59:01 am »

Transylvania is such a nice place though. I've been there recently and it is pretty modern actually.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2015, 12:09:27 pm »

C, but make it seem as if it's A.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2015, 12:14:52 pm »

C

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2015, 04:04:45 pm »

Well, no matter what we do, once we are a target for military action, we are in grave danger of being screwed.

And, really, if we research without limits or borders, and anything of it is of military use, we will soon have that problem.
We are then bound to be labeled as "terrorist group", by any country who fears our advances might get into the wrong hands.

As such; C
Fewer leaks - safe from those bringing in saltwater - and rather hard to find. Perfect for our cause.
1+

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2015, 04:34:44 pm »

C, but make it seem as if it's A.
i support this

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2015, 09:38:15 am »

After discussing the matter, where to set up our base of operations, with Dr. Strangelove, you both came to the conclusion that a distant, hard to reach location would be best suited for our purpose, as the evasion of persecution will be one of the most important tasks up until the point where we brought enlightenment upon the people. So Dr. Strangelove calls this acquantaince of his, an individual named Hagbard Celine, and you meet up a couple of days later.

Hagbard Celine, a well mannered and intricately well dressed individual is smiling broadly as you enter the restaurant of his chosing. You pleasantly chat with him about the recent developments in Fernando Po, and later on you come to the subject of the aquatic dome. Apparantly for the price of 3000000´$ you can buy it off of him. It is stocked with habitation systems, as well as proviant for three months. It has a highly upgradeable computer system, which when fed with enough processing power and ram, can easily take many tasks at once. Last but not least, he would gift you a small personal submarine which could hold up to ten people. Dr. Strangelove gets this dreamy look, when you all discuss the greatness of the deep sea. A bottle of expensive wine, and a bucket of oysters later you decide to seal the deal, as Hagbard seems like a gentleman you can trust.

You arrive at the subaquatic dome with the help of Hagbard, who holds a golden submarine for himself. After waving goodbye, he deletes the coordinates for the dome from his screen ounder your eyes, and leaves. You have arrived. A bit dusty dome, it is filled with a basic laboratory, living quarters, an operation room, survival systems, as well as a small armory with old Kalashnikovs.
You do not have any funds, and if your dedicated scientist should work most dedicated, they will need servants to do menial tasks.

Dr. Strangelove aproaches you:
"So nice base we got here, maybe we should decide what we should do next. We need money to pay our scientists, unless we can make them true believers of the enlightenment. We need test subjects to further the easy advancement of science, and we would probably need a field of research to work on right now. We can focus on Physics giving us technologies to support our base of operations, as well as constructing bombs and deep understanding of the universe. Biology will give us insights on biological compounds, and increase our hybridiztation abilities, and we might even develop superdrugs making people more efficient. Robotics will teach us to construct complex machines for all kinds of tasks, and with enough understanding of the subject we could even try to combine it with biological knowledges."

Right now you cannot recruit due to not having money, and you cannot efficiently do science without test subjects. So the main objectives of the missions, Dr. Strangelove developed, are finding money and finding subjects. You also must decide on what of the three scientific fields you want to specialize for now.

A: Telephone Scam - Risk Very Low - You and your scientific subjects use their energy to scam people over the telephone
B: New York City Raid -  Risk Low - You go to central Park and kidnap a couple of homeless, to serve as test subjects
C: Bank Robbery with Kidnapping - Risk very High - You enter a bank of Copenhagen and take hostages as well as stealing money. The rewards are high, but the risk is too.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

escaped lurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2015, 10:41:18 am »

A - Good ol' Telephone Scam
Let us make sure our scientists stay dedicated to us. They are sure to gain enlightenment alongside our experiments.

( While I feel that we should gather subjects without regard to "racial identities", and thus "B" to be a fine option as well, gathering them in a first-world country, might not be the best of ideas. )

Choose Biology
While the advent of technology, thousand of years ago, has indeed been a blessing to the human race, it has developed one drawback.
Devolution. Degeneration. In the absence of natural threats, with ever more power to change one's environment to ones needs, humans have become soft, and will become softer still!

Thus, it is necessary, that we put a stop to this process, with the same tool that has caused it. Use science, to solve the problem it has created!
Neo-Human-Darwinism. Making a race fitter; with drugs, genetical modifications, or even cybernetics. Let humanity evolve again!

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2015, 10:42:42 am »

Choose Biology
While the advent of technology, thousand of years ago, has indeed been a blessing to the human race, it has developed one drawback.
Devolution. Degeneration. In the absence of natural threats, with ever more power to change one's environment to ones needs, humans have become soft, and will become softer still!

Thus, it is necessary, that we put a stop to this process, with the same tool that has caused it. Use science, to solve the problem it has created!
Neo-Human-Darwinism. Making a race fitter; with drugs, genetical modifications, or even cybernetics. Let humanity evolve again!

Half of them do A to earn some money, the other half do B to get test subjects. Strangelove and I will also help with A.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2015, 12:01:40 pm »

Choose Biology

Half of them do A to earn some money, the other half do B to get test subjects. Strangelove and I will also help with A.
+1
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2015, 12:45:23 pm »

+1.  This should get us enough funding to maybe risk C, but at least to keep body and soul together.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2015, 01:43:07 pm »

Choose Biology

+1

+1
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5