Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Roll to Go to a Sixth Grade Slumber Party  (Read 6068 times)

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
Roll to Go to a Sixth Grade Slumber Party
« on: July 18, 2015, 06:29:52 pm »

From the minds that brought you the once critically acclaimed but now abandoned "Roll to Rap" comes the most authentic middle school slumber party experience this side of the Internet...
Roll to Slumber Party!!
The Story
The year is 2017 and you're in the sixth grade. Hair grows all over you as great red zits dot the cratered and oily landscape that is your face. It is also the twilight era of calling slumber parties "slumber parties." You and several others have been invited to one such party by your mutual friend, Stan Dudley, the star of the school baseball team and all-around cool dude. Stan's lavishly wealthy parents have decided, from what must have been sheer apathy, that this slumber party can be co-ed, so don't restrict yourselves when creating characters. You decide to bring the essentials in your backpack for the slumber party, so you prepare yourself carefully.

The Rules
1. Actions are to be posted in Bold.
2. Speech is to be posted in "quotes."
3. Typical D6 odds with 6 being the overshoot, 5 being optimal success, 4 being partial success, 3 being partial failure, 2 being failure, and 1 being a critical failure.

The Family Situation
Henry Dudley: Father of Stan, Rex, and Richard; Husband to Gloria. Henry is a bearded, old man who has a penchant for drinking that he picked up after his duty in 'Nam. When he isn't drinking with his friends or his wife to forget about his kids, he is drinking by himself wondering what went wrong with his kids. Apart from his apparent alcoholism, he has an equally unhealthy obsession with firearms, given that he has an armory in the basement. Stan tells you that he last saw him going into the armory with a few crates of liquor and advises that everyone leave him alone for the evening.
Gloria Dudley: Mother of Stan, Rex, and Richard, Wife to Henry. Gloria is a contemporary to Henry in terms of age, but her lifestyle is quite different. Rumor has it that she runs a heroine smuggling operation out of the house and that her family's wealth comes from that, but no one has seen anything suspicious, yet. She is tall and is almost always wearing a nice business outfit. Despite her ice-cold demeanor, she too is disappointed in how her first two children ended up. Tonight, she has been in her bedroom making call after call and yelling loudly.
Richard Dudley: Firstborn to Henry and Gloria, elder brother of Rex and Stan. Richard is a laughably overweight ball of feelings. Not much is known about him, for he is rarely seen except for when he makes excursions to find better computer parts. His parents are disappointed in him because he spends almost all of his time playing some game about fortresses and dwarves, or was it dwarves in a fortress? Anyway, he lazes around consuming nothing but pizza rolls and mountain dew, constantly muttering about his "special creation" in some ungodly tongue. Tonight, he is in his room, having been in there for twelve whole days. Flashing lights emanate from beneath his door.
Rex Dudley: Son to Henry and Gloria, younger brother to Richard, elder brother to Stan. Speaking of "ungodly," we now have Rex, the typical middle child. He is a lanky, tall freshman that is socially withdrawn like his older brother. Ever since he saw devil sticks on TV when he was 9, he decided that he would become a conjurer. He recently started a cult based on sacrifice and summoning demons to the Earth realm so that they can be the most powerful people in the world. (Un)Fortunately for you all, they happen to have a meeting in his room tonight, of all times.
Stan Dudley: Son of Henry and Gloria, younger brother to Richard and Rex. Stan is the crown jewel of his family. He is short, but incredibly muscular. He is a star athlete, pretty smart, and a social animal to boot. You all have "fond" memories of how you met Stan and how you became friends. There was no doubt in your mind that you wanted to go to his legendary slumber party at least once. He has told you that there will be beer, pizza, and video games and that anything goes tonight! He greets you at the door and welcomes you to his abode, asking that you make yourself at home.

The Goal
Survive the night with his crazy family.

The Map

The Character Sheet
Spoiler: Who Are You? (click to show/hide)

Player Cap: None

The D6 will decide your fate.

Edit 1: Added description of house.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:58:22 pm by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Go to a Sixth Grade Slumber Party
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 06:53:03 pm »

I'm in!

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 07:56:35 pm by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 07:48:26 pm »

I AM RESERVING A CHARACTER SHEET

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 08:05:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 08:23:24 pm »

Name: ....Ribonso Crank?
Appearance: 6.1 feet tall, White ,wears a green t-shirt and yellow undershirt. Green pants, with green shoes with an white point on each.
Background: Uhhh... He is an avid wargame fan, playing all sorts of games like warhammer 40k and war machine, and somehow still has the time to play soccer?((In actuality, an scyther(which is of course, and alien) infiltrator that basically killed the character described here, and has taken his identity a few days back, and knows little of actual human stuff outside of pop culture and 1d4chan. Is also somehow so charismatic that he was able to hide this fact perfectly. It also helps that the scyther has perfectly mimic'd the persons appearance by using the ability featured in this video.))
How you met Stan Dudley: Uhhh.... I don't remember?
Items in Backpack: NORMAL HUMAN THINGS!!! ((Advance alien spy equipment, and also some stun weaponry!!!!!))

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 08:31:08 pm »

This is awesomely screwed up! Reserve!
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 08:33:48 pm »

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 09:16:57 pm »

Name: Connor Cohan
Appearance & Background: Connor happens to be the pride of his family just like Stan. However, wherever Stan excels, Connor excels a little bit less. There's another problem with him, too. Hidden deep behind his smile is a very impulsive personality, constantly getting him in trouble. And below that is a envious hate of all that is Stan Dudley. That's why today, when Stan hears a knock on the door, it's Connor he opens the door to. And it's Connor who's going to ruin Stan's party, image - and ultimately - his life.
How you met Stan Dudley: He first met him when he joined the team. Then he was vice president to Stan in student council. Then he stood next to him in second place as Stan was awarded 1st place in school Olympics. It was hate at first sight.
Items in Backpack: Paper, pencils, duct tape, fire crackers, matches, stink bombs, smoke bombs, wire-cutters, hammer, fire starter, a bottle of absolute vodka, a remote controlled tape player w/ a recording of demonic whispering, Black magic marker, cell phone, laxitives (ground up), a bottle of pig's blood, a sleeping bag, dry ice, a digital camera, a mini screwdriver, Lots of rolls of toilet paper, 5 different types of universal house remotes, a fake handgun, a manual tape recorder with a slot for a usb cord to upload the sound files to a computer or phone, 3 usb cords, a flashlight, extra batteries, a small reading light, a bunch of computer disks with viruses on them
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 09:48:18 pm »

The evening begins.

At about 7:00PM, Mike Johnson, Connor Cohan, Janet Stone, Steven Boyd, and, uh, Ribonso Crank (?) happen to all get dropped off by their parents at Stan's house around the same time. [1] You all fumble, trip, and run over one another for the chance to be the first guest to ring Stan's doorbell. Just as Connor is about to take it to the next level with his hammer, the door opens and the kind face of Stan Dudley greets you all.

"Hey guys! Janet! Mike! Connor! Steven! Ribonso? Come on in, guys! There's snacks and pizza in the kitchen and plenty of video games and movies in the home theater. Please, make yourselves at home!"

Stan motions you all inside and you go in. His mansion is lovely, from its crown molding to the luminous glass chandelier hanging over the foyer. You can smell the aroma of fresh pizza and steamy lasagna. There is a punch bowl next to the pizza. You can hear the sound of "Trap Queen" by Fetty Wap on full blast coming from Rex's room. As you admire the niceties of Stan's home, a strange man in a trenchcoat pushes past you all and goes up the stairs to the master bedroom, where Mrs. Dudley should be. Stan closes the door and let's you all loose to do whatever.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:50:37 pm by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 09:52:28 pm »

"Hello, Stan. Nice to see you, thanks for the invite." First up: Video games. Find the game console. Allow multiplayer, if asked.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

poketwo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 10:01:26 pm »

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'm just going to...... Get some doritos! And maybe some tec-I mean some stuff to put on my pizza

Go into the kichen Get some chips and some spices and topical toppings

True action to be sent.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:56:50 pm by poketwo »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 10:21:58 pm »

Go into the bathroom, lock the door, and test out if any of the universal home remotes are compatible with what the family has installed.

Also plug up the toilet w/ toilet paper (not all of it). Discreetly leave.
Money!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2015, 10:37:22 pm »

"Nice to see you, Stan."

Talk to Stan about life, and anything interesting. Take notes in my head.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2015, 11:57:12 pm »

"Yo Stan! Thanks for the invite!"

Make small talk with Stan. Ask about our plans for the evening.

(This is the first time I made a character who is an completely ordinary, normal person.  Little did I know that I would be joined by an alien scyther and vengeful saboteur.  ;D)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 12:32:40 am by Megggas »
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 12:32:26 am »

Some pretty unlucky rolls this round.  :-\

"Hello, Stan. Nice to see you, thanks for the invite." First up: Video games. Find the game console. Allow multiplayer, if asked.
[5] You make it into the home theater and start playing on his PlayStation 5. [2] Unfortunately, the only game playable on the PS5 is the Atari 2600 version of E.T. After trying to play for a while, a smelly Connor lands right in your lap as you hear the super-toilet flushing. You begin to realize what the brown substance on Connor's pants is when you hear loud yelling from upstairs.

"Yeah yeah yeah, I'm just going to...... Get some doritos! And maybe some tec-I mean some stuff to put on my pizza

Go into the kichen Get some chips and some spices and topical toppings

True action to be sent.
[1] You try to find the kitchen, but fail to do so. You wind up at Richard's room and open the door thinking that the kitchen was maybe there. You find the fat Richard in a ball on the ground muttering in a non-human tongue. He casts his bloodshot eyes upon you and shoots straight up, raising a piece of rusted, cheese-covered aluminum foil folded into a crude sword. He lets out a guttaral shout before he speaks the following:

"Behold!" Richard screams. "I, Urist McRichard, have finally completed my life's work! Let all the world tremble before the might of «☼Mĺgmozmatul Sárek Okbod☼» or, in lowly English tongue, Dragondances the Echoes of Doom, the artifact Steel sword! Gaze in awe at its spikes of hematite and its hanging rings of Forgotten Beast bone!"

[4] You are, however, able to place a few "devices" on Urist McRichard's phone, computer, and throughout the room while he was screaming. You also find some pyrotechnic equipment that Richard apparently keeps in a box in his room labeled "FOR MINING ONLY."

Go into the bathroom, lock the door, and test out if any of the universal home remotes are compatible with what the family has installed.

Also plug up the toilet w/ toilet paper (not all of it). Discreetly leave.

You hide in the first floor bathroom momentarily and lock the door. [5] The universal remotes are working with almost all of the family's remote-dependent hardware. [3] You stuff several rolls of toilet paper in the toilet and flush, but it is a very powerful toilet and consumes the TP with ease. [Megggas's 6 vs. Tomasque's 5] Just then, Mike breaks down the door to the bathroom. His butt is leaking brown fluid and he flies to the toilet. The noise of water forcefully impacting a fluid surface complimented the awkwardness of staring into Mike's soul as he did it. [3] Anyway, you attempt to leave without making a scene, but on you way out you slip on some of Mike's diarrhea and land on top of Janet as she plays E.T. Before you can explain yourself, you hear loud yelling from upstairs.

"Nice to see you, Stan."

Talk to Stan about life, and anything interesting. Take notes in my head.

"Yo Stan! Thanks for the invite!"

Make small talk with Stan. Ask about our plans for the evening.

"It's nice to see you guys, too. How are you? How's the paper, Steven? You still supporting those {insert rival sports team here}? What's been happening with the basketball team lately, Mike? They've been winning game after game without letting the opposing teams score even a single point! Good on ya. Life is pretty good for me, right now. Besides using my powers as president to get rid of the corruption and gridlock within the student council, I'm looking to start a puppy shelter with my savings from my part-time job as a lifeguard. I'm also looking forward to going with Pope Francis on a mission trip to the destitutely impoverished of Haiti this summer."

Steven: [1] You attempt to speak to Stan, but his charisma and charm is too much for you and you begin to divulge every secret about you life, from that time you said "fuck" in front of a kid once to your strange fetish for smelly size-14 shoes. Afterwards, you garble nonsensically as you start drooling all over yourself. As tears stream down your face from your failure to communicate, you hear a loud noise from upstairs.
Mike: [1] Chuckling at Steven's hard fumble, you attempt to make small talk. Almost immediately after you thank Stan, diarrhea strikes. Your rectal muscles clench with all their might as you basketball-sprint to the first floor toilet. [Megggas's 6 vs. Tomasque's 5] The door is locked, but your colon was simply not accepting it. You bash down the door and plop yourself right down on the toilet. For about four uncomfortable seconds, you lock eyes with Connor while torrents of watery poo escape your colon. You see Connor try to sneak out of the bathroom, but he slips in your feces and land on Janet's lap. Now, THAT's some funny shit. As you let the brown beast out of its cage, you hear a loud noise that sounds like it came from upstairs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5