Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Mr. Evil! (Secret Agents) (5/5)  (Read 5444 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Mr. Evil! (Secret Agents) (5/5)
« on: July 18, 2015, 08:40:45 am »

Greetings, superspy.

Intel has gathered evidence that international supervillain, Mr. Evil, is planning to win Global Presidency and rule the world. This cannot come to pass. Mr. Evil is guilty of many crimes, including but not limited to: Destruction of the Moon, Extinction of Bunnies, and Removing the Color Blue from the human spectrum. Only his vast network of contacts has saved him from justice.

But if we allow him to become Global President, he is free to turn the world into his personal sandbox, and all the good and right humanity has stood and strived for will be for nothing.

A crack-team of five superspies, the best the world has ever seen, will be launched deep into the fray. First mission is to destroy Mr. Evil's chemical factories in the Amazon Rainforest.

If you accept this highly-dangerous mission, fill out your form below. Message will self-destruct in ten (10) seconds.

Form:
Codename:
Gadgets: (Pick three from below)
Talent: (One thing you do extremely well. ie, hacking, sharpshooting or sweet-talking)

Armory:
'Shadow X' shades (tactical relay and threat detector.)
'Shadow X' hairdo (functional helmet and radio, but much more stylish.)
'Shadow X' suit (bulletproof, stylish, and formfitting.)
'Icarus' rocket-shoes (allows temporary flight and hovering for 15 minutes.)
'Daedalus' jetpack (allows hour-long flight; overt and exposed.)

'Shadow X' handgun (comes with configurable ammo.)
'Quill' pen (taser, syringe, and laser.)
'Chronos' watch (EMP emitter, with built-in GPS and contains nano-tracking devices.)
'Rainy-Day 2.0' umbrella (even better than tank plating: force field projector!)

'Pointdexter' laptop (access to every system in the world, excluding the Service server and Mr. Evil's Evilcorp.)
'Forget-a-face' makeup kit (3D printer that creates realistic faces, with a databank of more than 80% of humanity's faces.)
'Lucky-day' coin (flip a coin to get another Absurdity point. On a heads, you gain a point. Tails, you lose a point. You must have at least one point to flip the coin.)

'Shadow XI' (experimental nanotech allows your shadow to be controlled by the user's brain, connecting eyes and ears to allow the spy be somewhere he isn't supposed to be; Shadow XI can also manipulate things slightly. Counts as taking two gadgets.)

Not first-come, first-served. I'll pick spies to create a balanced team who's gadgets and talents would work well. You should discuss with other players about what role you want to take. Spy deaths will be common, so hopefully the waitlist won't have a long waiting time.

Aside from basic d6 RTD mechanics, there are two more things: Absurdity points is the first, and allows a spy to do something incredible and fantastic, well beyond even their limits. Hitting a bulls-eye from five hundred meters away, with a pistol. Making a deus-ex-machina deduction and correctly get the password. And such. You start a mission with three.

The second thing is the double-agent. Someone in the team, randomly chosen, is working for Mr. Evil. His or her job is to reveal themselves in the most timely way possible; not too early, else the impact isn't as strong; not too late, or the spies will have achieved their objective. When the double-agent succeeds, he gets to make a new character with a special, tailor made gadget just for him. If he fails, he gets put on the waitlist like other dead spies.

Example play:

« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 06:57:18 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Evil! (Secret Agents) (0/5)
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2015, 08:41:54 am »

Reserved for the Service.

Active Agents:
Execute/Dumbo.exe aka Ms. Poppins
Wilfred of Ivanhoe aka Thruster
Megggas aka Doc
Conein aka Worm
Tomasque aka Dancer

Reserves:
The Moonlit Shadow aka Kyantil

Rogue's Gallery:
-----
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 02:12:15 am by Cheesecake »
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2015, 08:45:20 am »

How does the rainy day umbrella even work?

Just cause it's resistant to missiles doesn't mean the person behind it is. The force, heat wraparound, and concussive force should kill anyone nearby.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2015, 08:47:47 am »

It's a really big umbrella. And it's shock absorbent. And has an air-conditioner on the inside to counteract the heat.
Dying of laughter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2015, 08:57:46 am »

Unless it completely encloses the person, it's not plausible.

Air conditioning would do jack shit. It's a lot harder to cool something then it is to heat something. Cold is the absence of heat.

Shock resistant does not mean concussion resistant. It isn't a Perfectly Stationary Pole. It's gonna move. And it's gonna hit the agent. And it's gonna shred the agent.

Personally I recommend just having it project a forcefield. Since that's actually plausible within the laws of thermodynamics. We actually have a few forcefields irl being designed to deflect mircometeor impacts.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2015, 09:08:40 am »

Alright then. I mean, it's not like implausible gadgets and stunts aren't part of the game or anything. Umbrella will be changed.
Dying of laughter?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2015, 09:25:04 am »

Codename: Dancer
Disguise: A average sized man of an average build. He has a standard beard and average long side-burns. Everything about him is average, blending him into the crowd. Except his amazing talent.
Gadgets: Forget-a-face (disguised as suitcase), Quill pen, and Chronos Watch
Talent: Mimicry
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

conein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2015, 10:11:04 am »

I love spies.

Spoiler: Hacker (click to show/hide)

Megggas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2015, 10:47:58 am »

I'll give this a try.
Spoiler: "Doc" (click to show/hide)
Due to Real Life reasons, I have to disappear for awhile.  Take me out of all games that I'm participating in.  Sorry.

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

• Bay Watcher
  • positively macabre
    • View Profile
    • My Music
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2015, 02:17:16 pm »

Can I be an orc? If not, I'll stick with human male, then.

Codename: The Thruster
Disguise: He is 5' 7" and has a muscular build. His attire consists of a black suit with a gray vest, white shirt, and red tie, but no sleeves. There is a Red Carnation pinned to the front pocket. His arms are covered in "dope tatts." His moustache, which compliments his well-groomed beard, is large and commanding.
Gadgets: Lucky-Day Coin, Shadow X Shades, Shadow X Suit (No sleeves)
Talent: Very fast Hand-to-hand combat
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 03:19:14 pm by Wilfred of Ivanhoe »
(1) You grab your golf bag and take out your gun. But then an Orc comes over and sensually gives you a massage. You decide to marry the Orc and live together. Unfortunately, the Orc walks over a slime mine and blows up. You commit suicide, unable to bare the thought of living with out your one true love.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2015, 09:33:40 pm »

Don't listen to Kevak. You're running a game where the moon's been blown up and blue doesn't exist. Don't bother with realistic gadgets. :)
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2015, 11:46:10 pm »

Codename:Ms. Poppins.
Disguise: 5'5'', fairly slim build, Caucasian skin tone, a constantly straight face and hard-set eyes, her umbrella constantly hangs over her shoulder and she has a blackhead directly on the middle of her nose, contrary to expectation, her shirt is not frilly, nor does it expand out, it's a fairly simple form fitting tuxedo.
Gadgets: 'Rainy-Day 2.0' Umbrella, Chronos' Watch and 'Shadow X' Suit.
Talent: Parkour.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2015, 06:56:48 am »

Agents:
Ms. Poppins
Thruster
Doc
Worm
Dancer

Operation: Boa
  • Infiltrate hidden jungle-complex.
  • Destroy and disrupt chem factories.
  • Steal files from chem lab.
  • Apprehend the notorious Anna Conda.

You have been deployed straight into the Amazon rainforest, having posed as biologists studying the flora and fauna, giving the perfect excuse to traverse the entirety of the area under the pretense of looking for new species, meanwhile locating Anna Conda's jungle complex: the Snake Den.

Your Shadow X items have been remodeled to take on the attire of exploring biologists, though Thruster still lacks sleeves. All weaponry and gadgets were concealed in the raft.

Fourteen days of fruitless searching and eternal bug bites has proven successful; you have located the Snake Den. The entrance is hidden behind a waterfall. How one would scale the slippery stone-face of the fall is unknown to you. The entrance, as scans would indicate, is exactly at the middle of the hundred feet fall. Trees surround the fall from all directions.

There seem to be no patrols in the area. Henchmen seem to stay in the complex, as you have not seen anyone come out nor in. Only wild animals such as leopards and pumas are rife here.

Operation: B.iologically-manipulated O.perative A.nna start.
Dying of laughter?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Evil! (Secret Agents) (5/5)
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2015, 07:07:11 am »

((Question, what how does the Nano-Tracking device work? Can I shoot it out or do I have to plant it on someone up close and personal?))
"Deary me, how will we get up there?"
She starts to stare at the end of the waterfall.
"There must be some way people can enter easily."
If the umbrella can take a tank shell, it should be able to hold up under a waterfall, first try seeing if it can keep up against the waterfall by slowly pushing it into the waterfall, if it can hold up, crouch down holding the umbrella so that the handle is touching the ground if I can't hold it up under the strain and crouch walk through.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 07:09:21 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. Evil! (Secret Agents) (5/5)
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2015, 07:18:44 am »

((Up-close. More or less melee range.))
Dying of laughter?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4