Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 33103 times)

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 22: Hero Killer
« Reply #270 on: August 17, 2015, 09:10:20 pm »

Blow air at the approaching tear in reality like I'm trying to cool off some soup.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #271 on: August 18, 2015, 06:07:05 am »

((Blind from one eye? I'm hoping I'm not playing with one brain lobe tied behind my back...))

Ugh. I hope that ringing in my ears is because I fucking called it...

:Vanessa! Cat eyes!: Flint grunted as he spun his head around, trying to keep his eyes on all the screens and controls inside his cockpit. It was disorienting, having to turn his head around fully to look at the screens on his left and find the switches instead of relying on his peripheral vision. And that damn headache wasn't helping.

:Mk.3! Everyone! Shield Up! Magma! Debris!:

Be quick. Switch to Red. Aim high. Lock left arm in place. Find switch. Isolate internal power supply. Keep left hand over switch. Keep other arm in control cuff ready to pull trigger. Twist rockets to readjust aim if necessary. Now Fire! Stay on target aaaand Switch! Arm back in cuff. Unlock and Shield!

Be glad I have the brain protection genemod. Keep going up the shaft and lasering irises.

If I can't reach the exit in time, then maybe try heading up through a level. If I'm lucky, the colony has broken apart in such a way that hallways that were leading to family spheres are now leading outside. If Steve can act as my GPS, that would be best.

Use my external power supply to fire Red Sunbeam through whatever is in the way to make holes if necessary. For example, I remember there being a roof on this building and I'm not sure if I can stop in time. Might be better to just make a hole through it. Also remember I have kinamp arms as a last resort.

If molten slag comes, try to shield those that can't resist the heat with my body. But if it comes to a choice between them and flying straight or protecting my rockets, my ability to keep flying takes priority.

They better have a shuttle in the air for me to grab...

My aim is to put everyone in the shuttle and then fly away. Unless the ground is too unstable to safely land and unload, in which case I'll just fly away and hope I can rendezvous with the shuttle mid-flight.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:52:07 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 18, 2015, 06:12:48 am »

:Cat eyes? What are you on about?:
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 18, 2015, 09:08:57 am »

Hold on for the ride.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 18, 2015, 11:29:19 am »

Have the shuttles start hovering about ten to twenty meters above ground to avoid getting damaged by shifting ground. Did the sods make it on board, or did they get left behind after stowing the human smoothie? Still same plan for shuttle: fly low northeast to avoid that AA, and the bombardment begins once the shuttles are out of the blast radius. Goal of the bombardment is to try and destroy whatever it is that's providing that AA. Shuttles can take off for space once we think that AA will be dead or out of range.

((For the record, I checked with pw, and he said that people being steve-controlled normally aren't conscious during it, and that regular troopers are unaware that Steve has that override.))

"Get the hell out of there, the colony is about to collapse. There are two shuttles waiting for you, once you get aboard they'll first fly away low to avoid a hidden enemy AA installation. "

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #275 on: August 18, 2015, 04:43:55 pm »

Continue being a useless sack of meat, as I have been doing most of the mission.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #276 on: August 21, 2015, 12:45:59 pm »

Fix anyone who's dying imminently. Especially Flint if I can do it without impeding his escape efforts in any way.
While flying? Gonna repair the truck while it moves, mad max style? Well, if it were his suit that a you were repairing, I'd be ok with it, but you'd have to get his permission to open up the suit and work on him, which I doubt he'll give.

Pray hard to Algis for protection.
Sorry Lars, You got murdered when the Arbiter punched through your suit. You didn't permadie though, so I guess Algis is looking out for you anyways.

Can I get some clarification if I'm tempdead, permadead, or whatever? Don't want to be stuck in a holding pattern if it's the latter.
Tryrar....We'll say living as long as the thing about being a robot is accurate.

Blow air at the approaching tear in reality like I'm trying to cool off some soup.
You're dead hap, take a break  :P

Have the shuttles start hovering about ten to twenty meters above ground to avoid getting damaged by shifting ground. Did the sods make it on board, or did they get left behind after stowing the human smoothie? Still same plan for shuttle: fly low northeast to avoid that AA, and the bombardment begins once the shuttles are out of the blast radius. Goal of the bombardment is to try and destroy whatever it is that's providing that AA. Shuttles can take off for space once we think that AA will be dead or out of range.

((For the record, I checked with pw, and he said that people being steve-controlled normally aren't conscious during it, and that regular troopers are unaware that Steve has that override.))

"Get the hell out of there, the colony is about to collapse. There are two shuttles waiting for you, once you get aboard they'll first fly away low to avoid a hidden enemy AA installation. "
Hovering, sods on board, awaiting the team. Shells are in the cannon, waiting for the signal.

Fly up to safety using the path that Flint is blasting! Laser and shieldbash through anything in our way!

Try to figure out who I'm carrying and who Flint is carrying.

Flint's got the remains of Deep team, Xan and Elias Shrike.

You've got everyone else. Namely, Judas Smythe.

((Blind from one eye? I'm hoping I'm not playing with one brain lobe tied behind my back...))

Ugh. I hope that ringing in my ears is because I fucking called it...

:Vanessa! Cat eyes!: Flint grunted as he spun his head around, trying to keep his eyes on all the screens and controls inside his cockpit. It was disorienting, having to turn his head around fully to look at the screens on his left and find the switches instead of relying on his peripheral vision. And that damn headache wasn't helping.

:Mk.3! Everyone! Shield Up! Magma! Debris!:

Be quick. Switch to Red. Aim high. Lock left arm in place. Find switch. Isolate internal power supply. Keep left hand over switch. Keep other arm in control cuff ready to pull trigger. Twist rockets to readjust aim if necessary. Now Fire! Stay on target aaaand Switch! Arm back in cuff. Unlock and Shield!

Be glad I have the brain protection genemod. Keep going up the shaft and lasering irises.

If I can't reach the exit in time, then maybe try heading up through a level. If I'm lucky, the colony has broken apart in such a way that hallways that were leading to family spheres are now leading outside. If Steve can act as my GPS, that would be best.

Use my external power supply to fire Red Sunbeam through whatever is in the way to make holes if necessary. For example, I remember there being a roof on this building and I'm not sure if I can stop in time. Might be better to just make a hole through it. Also remember I have kinamp arms as a last resort.

If molten slag comes, try to shield those that can't resist the heat with my body. But if it comes to a choice between them and flying straight or protecting my rockets, my ability to keep flying takes priority.

They better have a shuttle in the air for me to grab...

My aim is to put everyone in the shuttle and then fly away. Unless the ground is too unstable to safely land and unload, in which case I'll just fly away and hope I can rendezvous with the shuttle mid-flight.

You cut to the right, flying down what is rapidly becoming a vertical hallway. There are no irises here; just tunnels and halls wide enough you to plow through, with the occasional metal hatch that crumbles like tissue paper as you shoot and then charge through it. The entire colony is listing sideways, capsizing, sinking into the chaotic sea of plasma below like a brick sinking into mud. Bodies are tumbling past you and blood is raining down from every surface. 

>You're reaching the end of this branch. Up ahead is a farming sector and then solid rock. You've got maybe 100 feet of rock  and then the surface. I calculate you've got maybe 45 seconds till the structure sinks down to your level. I don't know if your cannon can burn through stone that fast.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 21, 2015, 01:08:30 pm »

Yup, am robot(was on Nuke Door mission remember? Everyone not already a bot was botted after that one :P). So I just have to somehow survive end of mission! (Good fucking luck with that one :P)

Edit:IF I'm still somehow conscious, help with getting us the F out of here in whatever way I can, up to and including shooting the roof with my Sibilius at a spot designated by Flint.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 04:49:15 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 21, 2015, 01:13:20 pm »

:Wait, cat eyes! Motherfu-:

Vanessa cuts herself off, frantically searching throughout her compartments for eyes.

Transplant some eyes onto Lyra's braincase somehow. +4 medic powers activate!

Perhaps by attaching a roboarm onto the braincase and letting the cameras in the arm act as eyes? Maybe swap her braincase with someone else's? Something most likely to succeed.

Also steal some of the body parts of the tempdead people. Arms, legs, other organs....they're gonna be replaced anyways. Only if I have time though, prioritize fixing Lyra and any other tempdead ampers.Bah fine, leave the dead people relatively sacrosanct. Use their parts for the fixings if I can, though.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 05:44:42 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 21, 2015, 01:14:57 pm »

"Okay, listen up. Lars is dead, and that makes me your new ground commander!

We're coming up on a slab or rock about 100 feet thick, and our only way is through. So unless anyone has any better ideas, I want everyone with so much as a BB gun to unload on that wall as we blast our way through. Miya?"

Is there any other path? Maybe something a MK3 could get through but a battlesuit can't? Even if there is, help Flint blast through that wall.

Activate my laser cannon's maximum overcharge mode, and shoot straight up at the rock with the power of many many cutting lasers! (Lasts 30 seconds)
This will use up all the disposable batteries and might destroy the lense, but the other components of the weapon should be safe due to the cooling system I installed.
My shield is mounted to the front of the cannon, so it should protect us from any falling debris.

Ask Steve to give Vanessa (Xan) some spine tingles if she tries to steal limbs or organs from the temp-dead. Hopefully I can do this as the new commander.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 11:57:09 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 21, 2015, 01:16:40 pm »

:Should be getting amper online hopefully:
Sig! Onol

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 21, 2015, 01:29:04 pm »

:Should be getting amper online hopefully:
"Great!"

"Vanessa, don't you steal parts from the temp-dead unless you absolutely need to. A lot of people like to keep their fleshy bodies, and I don't think it will help us get through this rock wall."
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 02:05:09 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #282 on: August 21, 2015, 02:07:53 pm »

@Dubley: :Get Miyamoto to get the sods to help with the hole! Unless they can see a better exit!:
Ask Steve: :If there's a place where the rock is weaker, I'd like to know that. Or if an adjacent level has some sort of corridor that goes out or is easier to dig through.:
@Everyone: :Get ready to fire everything!:

Fire Red Sunbeam and cutting laser at whatever point is closest to the surface or easier to dig through, twinlinked generators. Unless Steve indicates digging sideways into another level and then up has better chances of working, in which case I'll do that.
Coordinate effort with others.
Try to land close to the hole or find something to hold on to and lock my arm around, in case I run out of energy while firing.
If that doesn't seem to be working... well, I'll make another action and probably do something stupid.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 07:13:00 am by Parisbre56 »

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 21, 2015, 04:48:12 pm »

@Miyamoto
"Miyamoto, sir, we need you to get the sods to dig a hole in this rock here. It's in our way and we might not be able to get through in time, so anything helps! There's an HEP and some aster-ex with the temp-deads, they could use those."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 22, 2015, 05:15:43 am »

:Wait, cat eyes! Motherfu-:

Vanessa cuts herself off, frantically searching throughout her compartments for eyes.

Transplant some eyes onto Lyra's braincase somehow. +4 medic powers activate!

Perhaps by attaching a roboarm onto the braincase and letting the cameras in the arm act as eyes? Maybe swap her braincase with someone else's? Something most likely to succeed.

Also steal some of the body parts of the tempdead people. Arms, legs, other organs....they're gonna be replaced anyways. Only if I have time though, prioritize fixing Lyra and any other tempdead ampers.Bah fine, leave the dead people relatively sacrosanct. Use their parts for the fixings if I can, though.

If I become able to see where my teammates are attempting to melt through the rock, I assist with my microwave amp.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 23