Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 33102 times)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 22: Hero Killer
« Reply #255 on: August 12, 2015, 07:21:45 am »

Either hold onto someone who can fly or climb up the elevator shaft as fast as possible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 12, 2015, 08:56:23 am »

GTFO as best possible in accordance with commands.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 12, 2015, 10:31:19 am »

Be tempdead. Wish that I had a lower body.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 12, 2015, 10:43:48 am »

Am under steve's control i guess.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #259 on: August 12, 2015, 10:53:57 am »

Assuming I'm conscious and in control:
"Ugh. My head."
: Everyone who can't grab the MK3 grab onto me. I'm powerful enough to lift a shuttle, I'm pretty sure I can lift everyone. :

((Action edited slightly.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 12, 2015, 11:15:54 am »

"Everyone who can't grab the battlesuit grab onto me. We're getting outta here!"

Grab whoever I can and blast off. Laser and shieldbash through anything in our way.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 01:53:26 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #261 on: August 12, 2015, 01:36:28 pm »

Be consumed in flame.  Return to the comb.

...Or hold onto the arbiter?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 03:03:27 pm by Nunzillor »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 12, 2015, 01:49:12 pm »

Since Robutts can live without lower bodies, I'm either still under Steve's control, or am clinging onto whichever flight buddy I'm closest to. Either way, cling for dear life!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:02:46 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 12, 2015, 01:56:49 pm »

So, my probably dead body is still on the shuttle. Just posting to show that I still here. So I am not missed when we get to the point of saying if my character is dead or not.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2015, 03:37:03 pm »

Grab NAV.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #265 on: August 17, 2015, 07:29:00 pm »

((Note, I don't know if Green Storm is still active, or if you can do actions yourselves again, so I'll keep this general.))

You do, and not as it is, Well, unless you count telling steve to do it for you when he's in control.
Nevermind then, we've got a manip overload in there now, that'll suffice.

"Attention all troops, there is an active manip overload on the lower levels, so we are getting the hell outta here. Grab hold of Flint or Dubley and remove any irises or obstructions on your way up. And maybe aim some ordnance down the shaft as well, in case that robot is following you still. Vanessa, you'll probably have to climb, you're kinda heavy. Oh, and we'll be bombing the site pretty soon, so I suggest you all enter a shuttle and have that shuttle fly low northeast until we can be sure we've destroyed their AA."

Tell sods to help load people into a shuttle. Tell them to load a liquified human (colonist) into a shuttle if they have time for that before the team reaches the surface, and to collect some of that green slime and also stow it in a shuttle. I assume the shuttle with dead player chars has returned to the colony entrance by now, and that the shuttle with dead sods is still floating mid-air? Have sods board shuttle last, but only if this doesn't take much extra time. I'd rather loose some extra sods than decrease the chances of our team getting out of there. Note that our sods are in robobodies.

And yeah, we could do that. But we'd have a minimum safe range of bombardment and there's the chance of structural collapse in the colony. We're ready to fire whenever you want.

The idea is that our shuttles, once the team has boarded, would fly low northeast to avoid that AA, and that the bombardment begins once the shuttles are out of the blast radius. Goal of the bombardment is to try and destroy whatever it is that's providing that AA. The colony can then collapse for all I care, if any even remains after that overload. Shuttles can take off for space once we think that AA will be dead or out of range.

And finally, while it all happened, Tek crawled into the container the arbiter was in, found the massive automanip within, and hacked straight into it with his mono-machete, destroying the automating machinery and rendering it inoperable.
Did we get a good look at that automanip that was responsible for the melting effect? Did we get a look at its inside while he was hacking away? Could we try and reproduce it based on that?

The sods follow your orders and yes, sod-dead ship is floating still while the other is back at the colony. We'll see if everyone can make it up there.

We did, but that won't matter much. I mean, think about it: The actual interesting part is gonna be the configuration of the {REDACTED} in the black box. We'll probably be able to figure it out from a corpse and the injuries though; assuming anyone makes it back.

If I'm still conscious and in control, grab everyone Dubley didn't and get the hell out of there, lasering (or rainbowing if easier/necessary) anything in the way.
Prioritise grabbing the temp dead and those that can't move on their own. If there's anyone else that can't grab my suit, tie my rope around me as a handhold and let them grab that.

If the thing is still following us, then use a red Sunbeam to melt the walls of the entire shaft and then fire Indigo Hydra and goop at it. Let's see how well it can dodge on molten rock.

You are conscious, barely, though your left eye is appears to have gone blind and you taste blood. You quickly grab the ejected part of the battle suit and all it's temp deads before Grabbing a handful of others, namely those who can't fly, and tossing them onto your suit. You then proceed to run back over to the shaft and look down. There appears to be a climbing wall of...well it's a bit hard to say. It sort of looks like all the particles of reality are being randomly rearranged and forming a completely chaotic plasma of superheated matter. Alright. You doubt that anything is coming up through there anytime soon. You turn and just start fucking barreling through the irises on the way up. Somewhere along the way that giant thing made of arms and organs grabs hold of you.

Dubley grabs anyone left behind and follows with is rockets.

The shaft and indeed the entire colony is starting to collapse. The reality mush down below isn't holding up all the rock and superstructure around it so it's starting to sink and crumble like a sugar cube in water. You're about halfway out when the entire area seems to shift sideways, the "plug" of land over the expanding sinkhole of chaos has broken free and is sinking sideways down into nothing.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 07:42:36 pm by piecewise »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 17, 2015, 07:52:03 pm »

Fix anyone who's dying imminently. Especially Flint if I can do it without impeding his escape efforts in any way.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 17, 2015, 07:55:56 pm »

Pray hard to Algis for protection.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 17, 2015, 08:06:45 pm »

Can I get some clarification if I'm tempdead, permadead, or whatever? Don't want to be stuck in a holding pattern if it's the latter.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 17, 2015, 08:13:39 pm »

Fly up to safety using the path that Flint is blasting! Laser and shieldbash through anything in our way!

Try to figure out who I'm carrying and who Flint is carrying.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:13:10 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 23