Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 33151 times)

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 22: Hero Killer
« Reply #210 on: August 02, 2015, 01:35:50 pm »

@Shallow team "We have awoken a vengeful god from its slumber.  The weigher of souls approaches."

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2015, 02:00:06 pm »

"Change of plans Shallow Team. Deep team's in trouble and we're gonna go save their asses. Anyone know how to kill an arbiter of peace?

Everyone who can't fly hang on to me or Flint. We're going down the elevator shaft."
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 05:05:16 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2015, 02:13:07 pm »

:There may be ireses in the way. Want me to slice and smash?:

:Also, I don't think it's a good idea to take the entire team down.  Whatever made that pulse may still be out there. For all we know, it's recharging using the nuclear reactor. Or they are  monitoring the feeds through the command level and are waiting to set off some trap. If we bunch up, we're making ourselves easy targets and letting our enemy use other vectors of attack on us.:

Nunzillor

« Reply #213 on: August 02, 2015, 03:02:57 pm »

Team Deep - Tek

Tek smiled at his manipulator.  You have suffered long enough, friend.  Soon you will be free.

Watch Lars carefully.  Is he able to get that nuclear strike off?  If he is, hold off on any suicidal actions for now and run/be vaporized.  Otherwise:

External speakers: "Anubis!  It is not yet our time to be judged.  Begone!  Begone or crumble beneath the full fury of the comb!"

Overload the manipulator, toss it at the thing, and run.  Wait on this action for now!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 12:16:55 pm by Nunzillor »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 02, 2015, 04:37:51 pm »

...well fuck me sideways, is that a fucking arbiter of peace?! We're completely fucked,aren't we?"

Use camera feed link to confirm with Miya/Steve if that's an actual arbiter of peace. If not, great! go full rock and roll with the Sibilius. If it IS, let Tek overload his manip and start running for elevator.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 07:42:37 am by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 02, 2015, 05:08:11 pm »

"Okay then. You three stay here.
Flint, you and I are going to rescue the Deep Team. We slice and smash through anything in our way, grab the other team, and get the hell out. Alright?"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 02, 2015, 05:30:01 pm »

It punches straight through the cockpit and controlling computer. The shuttle enters an automated hover mode, floating in place.
Send other shuttle back then. How long can that shuttle stay like that? And can I still access its cameras? Can I determine where that shot came from?

Also, can you describe how the elevator and its shaft looks like? and are there any alternative ways to go up or down (eg stairs) that we know of? At what level is the elevator now?

After seeing the mechanoid killer emerge from it's ambush spot, Miya stares in disbelief for a short moment.
"Fuck. We were bound to encounter one someday... but not now. Shit, the one time I'm not there. Aaargh!"
Then, he recomposes himself. Those men down there weren't dead, yet, so he had to see to what little he could do from up in the ship. He opened up his commlink.

To Deep team:
"Lars, you have a nuclear round loaded? I really fucking hope you do. Just shoot it and detonate it as close as you can, but make sure it can't bat it out of the sky or shockwave it away. Those things are freakily fast. Lyra, you need to put up a wall of force just as the nuke goes of to try and protect your team, like what Pancaek did last mission. There is no half-assing this, and it WILL dodge direct attacks. Tek, wait with overloading, only do it if Lars' nuke fails. Rest of you start shooting it with whatever you have while retreating to the elevator. I doubt you can damage it, or even hit it, but that might slow it down while dodging."

And on a personal comm to Lars:

"And if you can, arm that nuke with legs you once got, and link me up for remote detonation. Just in case you guys can't... You know."

"Change of plans Shallow Team. Deep team's in trouble and we're gonna go save their asses. Anyone know how to kill an arbiter of peace?
Everyone who can't fly hang on to me or Flint. We're going down the elevator shaft."

"Negative on that. It'll be a chaos down there in an instant, I don't need more men walking in to a killzone or an overload. And we might need you to fly your own team back up. Organize your squad now and prepare to either get out or pour heavy ordnance down the elevator shaft. No heroics here, or you all die."

...well fuck me sideways, is that a fucking arbiter of peace?! We're completely fucked,aren't we?"

Use camera feed link to confirm with Miya/Steve if that's an actual arbiter of peace. If not, great! go full rock and roll with the Sibilius. If it IS, let Tek overload his manip and start running for elevator.

Try to precisely identify their assailant.

Can/should we do a Lyra action? Cause if Miya's plan is to be used, her cooperation is very much needed. But this is kinda a tense and crucial moment, so I dunno. If Lars ends up trying that shot, I'll edit in an action for her, unless people object that it'd be ooc for her or something.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 06:30:18 pm by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 02, 2015, 06:27:27 pm »

Whatever the hell this Arbiter thing is, I don't think we can kill it if Teem Deep can't.I'd recommend evacuating Team Shallow and guard the elevator. If they manage to kill ithe Arbiter, we can help evacuate them, but I think we should prioritize getting ourselves out of the colony and keeping the arbiter in.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #218 on: August 02, 2015, 06:58:00 pm »

"Negative on that. It'll be a chaos down there in an instant, I don't need more men walking in to a killzone or an overload. And we might need you to fly your own team back up. Organize your squad now and prepare to either get out or pour heavy ordnance down the elevator shaft. No heroics here, or you all die."
:But they have no fliers! If they use heavy weapons down there, they risk the entire colony collapsing on them. And they'll have no way of getting out. The elevator might be on their level but the damn thing is too slow. You can't just sacrifice those people just- just to increase our team's chances of survival! That's- that's-:
Flint couldn't find the words to finish his sentence.
:Just give me some time to get down there and try to get them out. I don't expect the rest of the team to follow me, I'll blast a hole through the irises so that our MK3 can fly them out. But we can't just let the other team die without giving them a chance!:

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 02, 2015, 07:07:50 pm »

:But they have no fliers! If they use heavy weapons down there, they risk the entire colony collapsing on them. And they'll have no way of getting out. The elevator might be on their level but the damn thing is too slow. You can't just sacrifice those people just- just to increase our team's chances of survival! That's- that's-:
:Just give me some time to get down there and try to get them out. I don't expect the rest of the team to follow me, I'll blast a hole through the irises so that our MK3 can fly them out. But we can't just let the other team die without giving them a chance!:
If they somehow manage to kill the Arbiter then we can go down and carry them out. If they can't, then we have no chance of killing it or escaping from it in time. Nobody wants to abandon Team Deep, but at this point all we can do is save ourselves.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 02, 2015, 08:10:29 pm »

:This is extremely interesting if concerning - the tissue damage is definetely thr cause of the pulse, whatever it was. The flesh affected becomes aerated, like a sponge. Which generally isn't good for flesh. I might be able to-

Anyone know how to kill an arbiter of peace?
arbiter of peace
arbiter
of
peace
Vanessa laughs a shaky laugh that grows more erratic as she extends it uncomfortably long.
Yeah fuck that.:

Expidite my retreat to a higher floor - preferably one or two - rapidly. Elevator nao pls.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 10:20:11 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 02, 2015, 10:13:11 pm »

Mash the call elevator button with the fury.

Overload the manipulator, toss it at the thing, and run.

BUTTON-MASHING INTENSIFIES
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 02, 2015, 11:09:38 pm »

If they somehow manage to kill the Arbiter then we can go down and carry them out. If they can't, then we have no chance of killing it or escaping from it in time. Nobody wants to abandon Team Deep, but at this point all we can do is save ourselves.
"We can do more than save ourselves! We have to. Cover me!"

Dubley Steptimus - Shallow Team Leader

Fly down the elevator shaft using the path Flint blasted. Laser and smash through if anything is still in my way. Grab any Deep Team members I can and rocket back up.

Remember to keep my shield up and use it to protect the teammates I'm airlifting. Activate the mk3's enhanced movement mode if I think it would help with anything.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 02:27:47 am by NAV »

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 03, 2015, 12:41:30 am »

"Shallow team, this is Yancy Hargraves. Do not, I repeat, DO NOT bother trying to save us. If that is really an arbiter of peace, attempting to help us will only add tot he body count. We have a plan, so instead I suggest you find and eliminate  whoever sniped our ride so we can get off this rock if we somehow manage to live. Just to be clear, our current plan involves intentionally overloading a manip, so you don't want to be within 15 floors of our position."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 03, 2015, 12:54:18 am »

"If you have time to plan and discuss things you have time to be rescued."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 23