Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 33190 times)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
Re: Mission 22: Dead zone
« Reply #195 on: July 29, 2015, 01:43:43 pm »

:Well, it seems like the reasonable thing to do. I don't think all the shirts suddenly became carnivorous and started attacking people, like in my film "Clothes to die for". The product placing in that movie was terrible. And malls aren't that nice to have gunfights in, they're more for your zombie apocalypse films. Only nice places for fights in malls are movie theatres (or maybe a nice plaza with fountains and columns and synthetic plants and glass windows I could break and a chandelier and a few TV screens in a store display and maybe a firework store and an ice cream truck and maybe later we can go for a glass of wine and.... what was I talking about again? Oh right, movie theatres, yes) and again I find it hard to imagine that all the movie characters suddenly became alive. Would be kind of cool though, makes you wonder who would win in a fight between myself and my movie self. Probably my movie self, if plot armour carries on, unless I could get him to fall for the heroic sacrifice. If not though, I think-.... I think I'm rambling again. I blame the soundwave, my brain is still young and so am I, no matter what those guys at Warbler Gross said.:

:Aanyway, seems best to search for a place that seems more fun and interesting. Which I guess was more or less your logic. You know what they say, 'great mind think alike'. Or was that 'trigger-happy convicts search for fights'? Unless the soundwave has given me supwerpowers and I can actually read your brain or see the future.:

:Oh, completely unrelated, maybe one of you wants to keep checking your atmospheric sensors, just in case.:

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 29, 2015, 03:12:47 pm »

@Lars and Miyamoto: "You guys hear Flint's idea to evacuate the wounded? I think we should do that. As long as we can get another shuttle sent down here so we're not left without an escape route."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 29, 2015, 04:17:57 pm »

Vanessa is Xan, Xan is Vanessa, PW. Disguises everywhere.

Shallow team

Follow Dubley around and keep inspecting him for any further damage. See how it progresses, and try to stop it if at all possible.

Also if anyone else comes down with a sudden case of deaditis, attempt fixings as well.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 05:19:11 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 29, 2015, 07:08:01 pm »

"Huh, that shipping container, the ones those bodies are clustered around. Either that's a coincidence and the whatever it was hit while they were simply unloading goods, or it's in that container. Either way, better check it to be sure."

Carefully make my way to the container with the most bodies clustered around it, and open it, ready to shoot anything that pops at out me.

Check one of the other containers by that container while Lars checks the most suspicious one.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 07:44:15 pm by tryrar »
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 29, 2015, 07:42:12 pm »

"Yes, Brother Yancy, that is why I am checking it; I am most armored.  Can you check some of the other containers?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 29, 2015, 07:43:33 pm »

Yancy Hargraves, Deep Team

"Yes, Brother Yancy, that is why I am checking it; I am most armored.  Can you check some of the other containers?"

"Sorry, didn't catch you were checking that container. Roger!"
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 29, 2015, 08:00:10 pm »

((Edited my action to be a bit less ambiguous.))

Lyra Autoaction - Team Deep

Check nearby bodies.  If any new injuries show up, attempt to diagnose them instead.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 29, 2015, 08:45:52 pm »

Elias Shrike - Team Shallow
[/u]

I'm looking at you Elias."
The hell're you looking at me for?

Search mall for anything of interest, avoiding areas others are searching. If he finds a survivor, get them to the medics if necessary, then make them become an SEP. If anything tangible attacks him, ignore orders and kinamp punch it until it stops existing.

Nunzillor

« Reply #203 on: July 29, 2015, 08:46:44 pm »

Team Deep - Tek

@Flint "To answer your question, the pulse does affect manipulator brains.  One of Tek's is dead and the other is bleeding."

This must be the last shipment before the colony went dark, the one Steve told us about.  The answers are surely here.  And so is great danger.

Stay away from that central container.  Pop a coagulant.  Hopefully don't stroke as a result.  Is the MCP-II helping with the damage at all?  Also treat the bleeding manipulator brain.

Then, think about the right way to treat the creeping death affecting us.  Coagulants?  Could some old-fashioned exploratory surgery shed some light on this?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 02:59:03 am by Nunzillor »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 30, 2015, 08:17:57 am »

Judas Smythe: Team Shallow

Help search the mall with the team, checking hiding places like maintenance closets for survivors.

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 30, 2015, 10:03:10 am »

Well, you can deduce that even the ones that are still alive are injured. It's effecting the entire body as well, not just one part or piece. It also appear to be continuing to a degree, or at least it is proving hard for their bodies to fight off.

"It appears this thing is affecting the entire body, and that it seems to be continuing. Medics, keep an eye out for any signs of further deterioration or effects on your squadmates' health."

There's three shuttles down on the planet right now, right? Or only 2?

Could Steve send another shuttle or two down, in case we need them?

If there are three shuttles: Tell sods to put dead player chars on 1 shuttle, and dead sods and such on another. Have the dead sod shuttle start going for the Sword. Have the dead player char shuttle also do this, but leave a few minutes after the first shuttle, so that in case of complications it can still maneuver away.

If there are two shuttles: Put all the dead sods and player chars on 1 shuttle and start going for the Sword.

@Lars and Miyamoto: "You guys hear Flint's idea to evacuate the wounded? I think we should do that. As long as we can get another shuttle sent down here so we're not left without an escape route."

"I am looking into that, you guys stay focused on doing your job. The faster we find it, the fewer dead we'll have to ship around."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #206 on: August 02, 2015, 12:30:40 pm »

Mission Control
Well, you can deduce that even the ones that are still alive are injured. It's effecting the entire body as well, not just one part or piece. It also appear to be continuing to a degree, or at least it is proving hard for their bodies to fight off.

"It appears this thing is affecting the entire body, and that it seems to be continuing. Medics, keep an eye out for any signs of further deterioration or effects on your squadmates' health."

There's three shuttles down on the planet right now, right? Or only 2?

Could Steve send another shuttle or two down, in case we need them?

If there are three shuttles: Tell sods to put dead player chars on 1 shuttle, and dead sods and such on another. Have the dead sod shuttle start going for the Sword. Have the dead player char shuttle also do this, but leave a few minutes after the first shuttle, so that in case of complications it can still maneuver away.

If there are two shuttles: Put all the dead sods and player chars on 1 shuttle and start going for the Sword.

"I am looking into that, you guys stay focused on doing your job. The faster we find it, the fewer dead we'll have to ship around."

We'll assume the three ships.

You send the sod corpse ship up and it climbs without problems for a good several hundred feet. However, around 1500 or so feet, something happens. You go back through the various video feeds after the event and you're pretty sure it was a projectile of sorts; not a rocket, but not a laser either. Probably magnetically accelerated round of some kind. It punches straight through the cockpit and controlling computer. The shuttle enters an automated hover mode, floating in place.

Team Shallow
Flint Westwood - Shallow

@Miyamoto::I think it would be best if we sent the injured back to the Sword so that they don't keep melting if another pulse hits them. I also suggest sending the dead sods first, in case there's some kind of field around the planet that does anything strange to them when they go through it. You can send another shuttle in the meantime:

@Team: :Doesn't look like there's anything interesting here. I say we just make a quick sweep and continue up or down. Probably down.
Do we keep quiet or announce our presence and hope we find someone lucky enough to be immune to this thing? Or at least attract some interesting alien monster? I'm for the loud option, but I also have a giant suit of armour so I might be a bit biased.:

What about any security or administration levels? Any place that could have camera feeds or logs of what was going on? Or maybe a flight control room or mission control room that could have info about recent expeditions? Does Steve know anything about those?

Hospitals, medical centres, things like that? Any of those around?

Unless ordered otherwise, do a quick search and scan (cameyes+hydra heads) of the floor and then return to the elevator. While moving, after I get some distance from my teammates (I'm assuming we're searching different areas to finish faster), start periodically announcing my presence and see if I can attract the attention of anything in here:
"This is a rescue team responding to your colony's distress signal. We are friends. We are here to help. We can provide medical assistance and help you evacuate. If anyone is listening, please respond."

Are there more dead/melted people here? And the same strange particles in the atmosphere as outside?
Is there any food stores or restaurants? Or plants? Have stuff there been turned into soup too?
What about newspaper stands, announcement boards or TVs in cafeterias, anything that would hold info about potentially important events?
Anything else of interest?

EDIT: If another sound wave approaches, try dispelling it with the power of music by singing Lost in the Supermarket by the Clash (or some other mall-themed song) in as cool manner as possible.

Level 5, and steve knows of no expeditions or similar things that went on.

Level 12 for medical

There are people here, or whats left of them. The puddles here are aren't contained by spacesuits and instead spread out over relatively large areas; bones and clothing lie at the center of the puddles, most curled up in a ball or flat and spread eagle. There's no sign of survivors and in the more populated areas, the entire floor is thick with human sludge. There's a larger amount of lipids in the air than outside.

Only some foods appear to have been effected; green plants, meat, fungus, etc. Breads, Candy, syrups, liquids, and the like seem totally unaffected.

You check around for clues to whats going on; newspaper stands with big headlines reading "ALIEN MURDERSLIME DISCOVERED IN LOWER MINING AREA" or something of the sort. But no luck; whatever hit this people, they didn't see it coming and they had no time to fear it.

Dubley Steptimus - Shallow Team Leader

"Perform a quick sweep of the level then we're heading...wait, Flint, are you reading my mind or something?

Perform a quick sweep then we're heading down. Spread out to cover more ground, take whatever you want, but be quick! Don't cause too much noise or chaos, I'm looking at you Elias."

Quickly explore the mall level with my team. Search for clues or survivors or useful loot.

Keep an eye on all the sensors.
Set up miniscreen thing in my helmet that rotates through the feeds from everyone else's cams.
My faceplate being covered in blood isn't causing any problems, is it? Cause if it is then I guess I'll have to lick it clean. Ewwww.

Program all our suits to play very loud dubstep designed to counteract the soundwave. Probably won't help much especially if the soundwave isn't real sound, but it's worth a try.

No loot, at least nothing beyond standard consumer products. I suppose if you wanted to loot a nice flat screen, you could do that.

You activate the suit's internal face wash and it sprays jets of water over the faceplate and collects the runoff.  You're not the first person to upchunk in the suit; we've got contingencies.

Vanessa is Xan, Xan is Vanessa, PW. Disguises everywhere.

Shallow team

Follow Dubley around and keep inspecting him for any further damage. See how it progresses, and try to stop it if at all possible.

Also if anyone else comes down with a sudden case of deaditis, attempt fixings as well.

The damage, as far as your medical sensors can track, isn't so much progressive as just a "left over" of the initial strike. The bleeding after the knife stab. Unfortunately it's not easy for normal flesh to withstand this; those that survived the hit appear to have sections of "Foamed" or "aerated" flesh. And having that done to major internal organs makes living hard.

Elias Shrike - Team Shallow
[/u]

I'm looking at you Elias."
The hell're you looking at me for?

Search mall for anything of interest, avoiding areas others are searching. If he finds a survivor, get them to the medics if necessary, then make them become an SEP. If anything tangible attacks him, ignore orders and kinamp punch it until it stops existing.
Judas Smythe: Team Shallow

Help search the mall with the team, checking hiding places like maintenance closets for survivors.

Despite a thorough search of every nook and cranny that the team can imagine or find, they find no survivors. Just a lot of human sludge. Tellingly, the sludge was found in ordinary places and positions. There weren't any "bodies" found in hiding places or in some sort of panicked position. Everyone was shopping one moment, spreading out along the ground the next.

Team Deep
Brother Lars- Team Deep

"Okay, brothers. Let us split up and search; I will check that shipping container.  May Algis shield us all from danger."

Quick prayer to Algis for protection.  Check that big solo totally-not-suspicious container surrounded by corpses.
DEEP TEAM: Taddok Find

"Okay, brothers. Let us split up and search; I will check that shipping container.  May Algis shield us all from danger."
You got it.

Look around for anything that looks unusual or out of place (Intuition roll go!) If nothing catches my eye check on something...to the right of the elevator door?
((Edited my action to be a bit less ambiguous.))

Lyra Autoaction - Team Deep

Check nearby bodies.  If any new injuries show up, attempt to diagnose them instead.
Team Deep - Tek

@Flint "To answer your question, the pulse does affect manipulator brains.  One of Tek's is dead and the other is bleeding."

This must be the last shipment before the colony went dark, the one Steve told us about.  The answers are surely here.  And so is great danger.

Stay away from that central container.  Pop a coagulant.  Hopefully don't stroke as a result.  Is the MCP-II helping with the damage at all?  Also treat the bleeding manipulator brain.

Then, think about the right way to treat the creeping death affecting us.  Coagulants?  Could some old-fashioned exploratory surgery shed some light on this?

So. Lars walks over to the Container. It's quite a large thing, at least as tall as he is and twice as wide, maybe 4-5 times that in length. It's still closed, so he moves towards the front hatch, with the intent of opening it. One moment he's reaching for the locking handle, the next he's hurtling backwards in a spray of sparks as his suit bounces and scrapes along the ceiling and floor.  He misses the elevator shaft and bowls into a stack of shipping containers. Several layers of his chest plate are left in shattered pieces in a trail behind him.

There's a large hole in the shipping container, and something slips out of it with unnatural smoothness, like an insect emerging from a chrysalis, and unfolds into its full height. It's thin, humanoid in shape, skeletal black carapace and metallic bones, abnormally tall. A cloak covers most of it, but you can see glimpses inside. Its head resembles a human skull with wet leather draped tightly over it. In one bony, taloned hand it holds a large, studded club.  It twirls the club slowly and the air boils with tiny shockwaves, filling the room with a sound like rolling thunder. It seems to scan the room with its eye sockets, a strange almost organic oscillating clicking coming from somewhere inside its chest. Another arm emerges from the cloak, fingers flexing, the sound of tightening metallic wire. It stops scanning and starts to walk.

Nunzillor

Re: Mission 22: Hero Killer
« Reply #207 on: August 02, 2015, 12:50:29 pm »

Anubis?  Could it be real?

"The embodiment of death.  Who here thinks that gods can die?"
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:11:39 pm by Nunzillor »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 02, 2015, 01:22:47 pm »

Brother Lars - Team Deep

Algis save us...

Am I even close to alive? Can I unfuck myself enough to get up? Shoot it with a 10-burst of shard launcher? Start praying?  Arm the Walking Nuke for frequency detonation and transmit the code to Miyamoto?  Do anything of that I can do.

Non-Nuclear ammo is loaded in the cannon, right?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 11:03:52 am by Toaster »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2015, 01:27:17 pm »

:Nothing here. Everything looks dead. Even the damn greenery has been dissolved into goo. So lettuce get out of here and find something more interesting.

Steve says there's a command centre at level 5. I suggest we get there to search for more info. Maybe if we're lucky, we'll find some logs or camera feeds.

There's also a medical centre on level 12 that could hold advanced medical equipment, if our medics think they need it to help them heal the others. Though I don't think we'd find much else of interest there.:
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 01:30:17 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23