Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 33177 times)

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 22: Dead zone
« Reply #165 on: July 25, 2015, 05:00:41 am »

Stand ready to shoot anything that pops out to eat us when the elevator stops, otherwise chill.
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #166 on: July 25, 2015, 07:21:59 am »

Continue being a liability on the shuttle by being dead.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 25, 2015, 09:49:37 am »

"You heard the boss. Team shallow, with me!"

Lead my team onto floor 10.

Are you sure I have muscle damage? Got a robot body from the neck down.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:40:48 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 25, 2015, 10:00:44 am »

Missing the sarcasm a bit, Lars replied to Flint.  "Brother Flint, I felt it best each team had an armored unit so as to best maximize the chances of each.  We may have to do some heavy lifting."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 25, 2015, 10:49:19 am »

Go over the biosensor data from the dead troopers, sods and gunnerbots. Can I deduce what happened or how it happened? Anything useful to learn there?

Did the suits pick up anything from that pulse? Any sort of vibration perhaps? And did the brainwave monitors and such pick up anything interesting (eg if the suits/Steve didn't hear anything, but their auditory brainsections still lit up, that's another clue in the direction of direct medium-less mind fuckery).

Then, have the surviving sods pile the dead ones and the dead gunnerbots in a shuttle, after which they keep the elevator guarded for now.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #170 on: July 25, 2015, 11:49:29 am »

Missing the sarcasm a bit, Lars replied to Flint.  "Brother Flint, I felt it best each team had an armored unit so as to best maximize the chances of each.  We may have to do some heavy lifting."
"Yeah, yeah. For a man in a giant robot, you let a surprising amount of things go over your head."

@Nunzillor: "Hey, Combsession, can you take a look at your brain? I have a suspicion there's something wrong with it. I mean your manipulator brain. I just thought of something and I want to see if the evidence support it."

Get off at floor 1.
I never understood that fantasy of having sex in an elevator...

Nunzillor

« Reply #171 on: July 25, 2015, 12:54:21 pm »

@Flint: "If you had seen what Tek has seen, you would not mock the majesty of the comb.  Tek will check that."

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 25, 2015, 01:18:30 pm »

((Ian is in the shuttle, and we are all on an elevator moving downwards.  I don't think we can really go back right now...))
((I know you are, didn't Xan's character stay behind though? Nevermind, don't think they did.))
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:20:47 pm by HavingPhun »

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 25, 2015, 04:45:21 pm »

See if I can stabilize myself, don't move too much, but try and get my mcp-2 to recognize that I'm currently dieing. Alot.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 26, 2015, 10:21:00 pm »

Check myself to be sure I'm in combat condition after the whole bleeding incident.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #175 on: July 27, 2015, 07:07:01 am »

@Lars: "I think it would be better if we sent my team closer to the middle of the colony. If another pulse strikes and the source of the pulses is not below the colony, it will help give us an indication about which level they're coming from."

"Finding the source of those pulses and shutting them down should be our top priority. We can make a more thorough sweep of the colony once we take care of the thing that's killing us."

"Plus, the elevator ride will give our medics more time to work on the wounded."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 27, 2015, 07:35:28 am »

Will have extreme trouble posting for approx 1 week, am okay with being auto'd by my team leader until I can post again.
]
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 27, 2015, 09:54:31 am »

Brother Lars looks at Flint a bit like he doesn't understand.  Finally, he nods.  "Brother Flint, I trust your judgement.  Your team can start on Level 10 then.  See if you can find us a map or guide as to which floor is which."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 27, 2015, 10:25:58 am »

"I see nothing wrong with Flint's plan, so that's what we're gonna do. To floor 10!"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Nunzillor

« Reply #179 on: July 27, 2015, 10:27:34 pm »

@Lars "Perhaps this is not the time.  But have you ever thought, sir, that the gods you mention might be different faces of a single entity?"
« Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 10:35:42 pm by Nunzillor »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23