Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 33121 times)

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 22: Dead zone
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 06:17:57 pm »

Make sure all gear is working as it should. Whistle quietly while I want for orders

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 07:13:44 pm »

"Oh, I don't trust amps. Never have, really. Too ... unpredictable for my tastes. But I suppose your worries are well-founded considering the type of buggery that goes on in this organization. Rest assured, I'm safe.
I don't believe we've met, by the by - I'm Vanessa,"
she says, extending another hand simultaneously.
:Flint Westwood. Former actor, fastest gun in the west, aspiring mobile armoury. Also known as the thing with the giant metal ass and eye-hurting paint job hanging from your shuttle. Nice to meet you. I'd shake your hand, but I don't want to make a hole in this thing. Don't want there to be a draft, you know? One of you might catch a cold, hehehe.:
((I'm assuming I'm in my Battlesuit outside the shuttle. Then again, you're fairly large yourself, so you should probably also be outside the shuttle, unless you're flexible enough to fit in there. Oh well.

Also, I'll begin using :TEXT: to denote speaking through a radio or other possibly voice distorting speaker, to reduce confusion.))

Lars nodded at the crowd, and snapped back up to attention as best he could in a battlesuit.  "Glory to Steve, Brothers and Sisters!  I will be the field commander for this mission, serving under General Miyamoto.  We will start off as a large group until we have a feel for the ground situation and a clear path to advance.  We may split into two or three groups as the need arises.  Brothers Flint and Dubley; are you willing and able to serve as team leaders should the need arise?

In any case, I will keep hold of the QEC device, and I will trust the AWaCCP to Brother Flint; hopefully giving them to the best armored troops will keep them in working condition.  Ideally, we will maintain radio communications to the Sword without them, but it is best to be prepared.

As the General said, civilians are to be approached with caution.  We have no idea what happened down here.  This isn't entirely unlike my first mission, where there was a disease running rampant throughout the colony.  Keep your suits on; it could be anything.

Any questions?"
:Sure thing man. It'll be just like our first mission all over again, eh? The great heroes, searching the unknown silent colony, rescuing helpless civilians and discovering a terrible truth. That'll be a trip down memory lane for sure. But now we're the giant metal overlords. Let's just hope we do even better this time, save even more if we can.:

:I'm a bit concerned about giving me the comm gear though. I may have the most armour, but I'm also the biggest target and the one most likely to be closer to trouble. Giving it to me is the best choice for now, but depending on the nature of any threat we discover, it might be better to temporarily give it to someone else in certain situations. I mean, if I'm going first in a corridor and we get ambushed and my armour is not enough to survive their alpha strike, the comm pack might get destroyed, leaving the others on my team with no way to call for help. Purely hypothetical for now, but something to think about.:
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 07:15:24 pm by Parisbre56 »

Nunzillor

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 07:22:11 pm »

Tek briefly considered what might happen this time.  Giant flesh tsunamis?  Could be.  Murderous alien fire-demons?  Maybe.  Anything was possible.

The important thing was to succeed in the mission and return alive.  One day, Tek knew, he would steal the comb back from those UWM bastards.  Yes, one day he would succeed in his divine mission.  No matter the cost.

Idle.  Think about the use of manipulators.  Does Tek feel that he can switch brains and use a manipulator quickly without issue ((switch brains and use manipulator in the same turn))?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 11:53:01 pm by Nunzillor »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 07:24:43 pm »

((Post to watch you ALL DIE))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 09:37:54 pm »

"Your concerns are noted, Brother Flint.  This item will probably need to be reviewed once we have an idea of the ground situation, anyway.  The light of Steve will surely guide our way and illuminate the best path."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 09:58:11 pm »

"Sir, I think us medics should carry the communications equipment. We're less likely to be in the path of any bullets, and we'll more likely have the time to use it to communicate."

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2015, 11:49:49 pm »

Check equipment and be ready for landing
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2015, 12:22:37 am »

I sit in my corner and wait.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2015, 12:47:10 am »

Oh yeah, generic get ready for mission start action.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2015, 07:01:57 am »

"Your concerns are noted, Brother Flint.  This item will probably need to be reviewed once we have an idea of the ground situation, anyway.  The light of Steve will surely guide our way and illuminate the best path."
:Yeah, I agree, let's just do it this way for now and see if there's any reason to change it later. After all, I am kind of fat, so if I end up leading a team, I won't be able to follow it around everywhere. So I might actually end up being less likely to be shot.:

:Oh, and everyone remember that your suits come with environmental sensors. They're not able to scan for things like biological contaminants in the air, but they should be able to notify you about the existence of dangerous substances or extremes in temperature, radiation or pressure. So remember to check them from time to time, especially when entering a new area. They won't give you all the answers but they might hint to something important.:

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2015, 07:27:27 am »

"Sir, I think us medics should carry the communications equipment. We're less likely to be in the path of any bullets, and we'll more likely have the time to use it to communicate."

"And you also may be busy serving the will of Emar-i healing our brothers."

"If that's all, I will lead us in prayer.  Oh Steve, we thank you for this glorious opportunity to serve you and your divine cause.  We hope that we can serve to the best of our abilities and do whatever we can to bring greatness to your name.  We ask Cog-azaon to help us determine and solve the mystery of this base.  We submit ourselves before Algis, that his shielding hands may watch over us in times of danger..."

This continues for a few minutes.

"...and may we ever be in the favor of Pathmas.  In the name of Steve, amen."

Ready up.  Pray for the safety of team.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2015, 12:44:55 pm »

Scan with CamEyes as we descend, just in case.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 18, 2015, 12:49:22 pm »

Lars nodded at the crowd, and snapped back up to attention as best he could in a battlesuit.  "Glory to Steve, Brothers and Sisters!  I will be the field commander for this mission, serving under General Miyamoto.  We will start off as a large group until we have a feel for the ground situation and a clear path to advance.  We may split into two or three groups as the need arises.  Brothers Flint and Dubley; are you willing and able to serve as team leaders should the need arise?

In any case, I will keep hold of the QEC device, and I will trust the AWaCCP to Brother Flint; hopefully giving them to the best armored troops will keep them in working condition.  Ideally, we will maintain radio communications to the Sword without them, but it is best to be prepared.

As the General said, civilians are to be approached with caution.  We have no idea what happened down here.  This isn't entirely unlike my first mission, where there was a disease running rampant throughout the colony.  Keep your suits on; it could be anything.

Any questions?"
Dubley looks rather surprised as Lars asks him to lead a team.
"Yes Brother Lars Sir! I am ready to lead us to victory and competence!"

Generic get ready and check equipment action.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #43 on: July 18, 2015, 01:09:03 pm »

"Drop site is free of hostiles. The designated site appears to have been abandoned. There are no signs of obvious conflict on the drop site." The Sods spoke, rattling off prescripted messages rather then attempting to construct a sentence on their own. "There are bodies on the drop site. No sign of survivors."

"Roger. Start sweeping the area and secure an LZ for mission team. Identify any possible entrances/exits and keep a gun trained on them, have 2 troopers doublecheck the bodies' life signs to confirm if they're dead.

Gunnerbots, start going around the area in an expanding circular/spiral motion, scan the ground and sky with cameyes for possible hidden entrances, ordnance or possible structures or devices and incoming bogeys.

Mission team, you are cleared for approach.

Orders.

So down we go.

The shuttle ride down is unremarkable for all the fear and fanfare which proceeded it. The landing is smooth and uneventful and everything on the landing pad- a large metal square with a thick rubberized coating- is fine. The sky here has a strange light pink-purple hue and yellowish tinged clouds, while the surface is an expanse of strange neon-greenish moss or perhaps slime.  There are a few small ships on other landing pads, probably designed for traveling across the surface of the planet, and a large warehouse looking structure over next to a landing cradle to accommodate larger craft. If it weren't for the handful of scattered bodies laying face down on the mossy surface of the planet and the fact that the entrance hatch into the colony is sitting wide open, this place would look completely fine. The Sods are still here, carefully patrolling around with the gunner bots in the lead. They signal an all clear again.

Tek briefly considered what might happen this time.  Giant flesh tsunamis?  Could be.  Murderous alien fire-demons?  Maybe.  Anything was possible.

The important thing was to succeed in the mission and return alive.  One day, Tek knew, he would steal the comb back from those UWM bastards.  Yes, one day he would succeed in his divine mission.  No matter the cost.

Idle.  Think about the use of manipulators.  Does Tek feel that he can switch brains and use a manipulator quickly without issue ((switch brains and use manipulator in the same turn))?
no

Lounge back in my seat as the shuttle does shuttle things, looking vaguely disinterested.
Once we get where we're going, disembark in an orderly fashion along with with Whig, follow orders from Miya and/or Lars (within reason) and scan the dead bodies and the surroundings in general with my cam-eye. Look for any signs of life, or a struggle.

((Just a barebones post, since I'm about to sleep.))
There's a body near the shuttle, face down in their space suit. You go over to take a look at it and find that the suit has taken on a very odd appearance. You don't touch it, but the suit appears flat and expanded, as though the body inside got run over by a steam roller. No sign of damage to the suit. You try to roll it over but the contents of the suit slosh around and it becomes obvious that any body in there has been liquidized. Not a good sign.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #44 on: July 18, 2015, 01:13:48 pm »

Scan nearby bodies and the environment in general with cameyes for signs of trouble or interesting things. Continue to do so as I move.

Also switch Rainbow Cannon to Indigo Hydra mode and see if the heads point at anything other than Sods and Teammates.

Let's see if you see anything around here that I don't. Flint thought to his gun.

Ask Steve: :Steve, is this thing normal?: Flint said, indicating the green things on the ground. :I thought this planet's atmosphere was not suitable for life. This doesn't look like salt to me.:

Go towards the storage area. After carefully looking at its entrance and the cradle for any signs of recent activity (marks on the ground/goo, scorch marks on the cradle that have not been washed away by rain, etc.) or traps, enter along with the rest of my team and start slowly searching it for anything interesting. Logs, diaries, manifests, computers, clusters of dead bodies, suspicious looking containers, all those stuff.

If all looks clear, begin checking the landing pads, vehicles on them and the cradle for any signs of survivors, recent use or anything interesting.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 11:17:23 am by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 23