Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 33115 times)

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 22: Dead zone
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2015, 02:32:43 pm »

He chuckled a bit. "Yeah, hope so."

Nunzillor

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2015, 02:36:27 pm »

Another mission.  Tek could only hope that he would come out of it alive.  "What's the procedure for handling survivors?  Are they to be evacuated?  Quarantined?"
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 02:39:38 pm by Nunzillor »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2015, 02:39:30 pm »

"Oh, and before I forget, you have been given a QEC and a AWaCCP to ensure comms between each other and mission control and Steve. Lars can decide who gets what. You should also have been given a bunch of handcuffs and such, to restrain any civvies you come across. We have no idea what happened here, so we're not taking any chances if we can help it."

Another mission.  Tek could only hope that he would come out of it alive.  "What's the procedure for handling survivors?  Are they to be evacuated?"

"Civvies should be approached with caution, and restrained if possible. If needed we can leave them in the care of the sods staying on the surface, and we have boats in orbit to process them should there be too many."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2015, 02:44:52 pm »

((PTW M22))

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2015, 02:47:06 pm »

"Do we know how large the colony's security force is? Or what kind of weapons they have?"

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2015, 02:51:42 pm »

Lounge back in my seat as the shuttle does shuttle things, looking vaguely disinterested.
Once we get where we're going, disembark in an orderly fashion along with with Whig, follow orders from Miya and/or Lars (within reason) and scan the dead bodies and the surroundings in general with my cam-eye. Look for any signs of life, or a struggle.

((Just a barebones post, since I'm about to sleep.))
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 02:57:13 pm »

"Sa'las, the God of Amputation, the Limb Collector, descendant of Emar'i, of the Medic Pantheon?  You... certainly bear a resemblance."
"I may very well be. Tell me more of him."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2015, 03:06:32 pm »

Lars nodded at the crowd, and snapped back up to attention as best he could in a battlesuit.  "Glory to Steve, Brothers and Sisters!  I will be the field commander for this mission, serving under General Miyamoto.  We will start off as a large group until we have a feel for the ground situation and a clear path to advance.  We may split into two or three groups as the need arises.  Brothers Flint and Dubley; are you willing and able to serve as team leaders should the need arise?

In any case, I will keep hold of the QEC device, and I will trust the AWaCCP to Brother Flint; hopefully giving them to the best armored troops will keep them in working condition.  Ideally, we will maintain radio communications to the Sword without them, but it is best to be prepared.

As the General said, civilians are to be approached with caution.  We have no idea what happened down here.  This isn't entirely unlike my first mission, where there was a disease running rampant throughout the colony.  Keep your suits on; it could be anything.

Any questions?"

"Sa'las, the God of Amputation, the Limb Collector, descendant of Emar'i, of the Medic Pantheon?  You... certainly bear a resemblance."
"I may very well be. Tell me more of him."

"Well, he gathers the limbs severed in the service of the ARM.  He is a benevolent being, doing only the work he is assigned, and will help with swift recovery of that type of injury when the appropriate rituals are performed."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2015, 03:13:11 pm »

"Sounds like me. Who knows, perhaps I am. If so, I'd guess divine favour brings our chances of survival on this mission up, eh?"

"No questions, sir."
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2015, 03:17:04 pm »

"Do we know how large the colony's security force is? Or what kind of weapons they have?"
He asked Lars this time.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2015, 04:02:50 pm »

"This wasn't a military colony; they don't really have any military-style defenses.  Shouldn't be any real weapons there, but something clearly happened."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

bcneuf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2015, 04:55:22 pm »

Run through gear check again. Stay quiet and generally look nervous.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2015, 05:03:10 pm »

Standing by for orders.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2015, 05:03:46 pm »

Got it boss.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2015, 05:13:26 pm »

Check gear, hold laser rifle, and wait.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 23