Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 33082 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 22: Hero Killer
« Reply #285 on: August 23, 2015, 10:49:25 am »

((Sorry for posting so late lately, been bit busy.))

Is there any other way for them to get to the surface without having to dig their way through?

If not, have the sods fire down from the shuttle in order to help 'dig' the team out if possible. Make sure though they fire at a slight 'offset' though to prevent hitting the team. They can use their own weapons, or of one of the dead characters (there is a blaspistol, aster ex, 6 nades, HEP). Do not fire if they cannot do so without a big risk of friendly fire.

Make sure Steve coordinates the efforts between sods and underground teammates to prevent friendly fire and optimize digging.

"Okay, listen up. Lars is dead, and that makes me your new ground commander!

We're coming up on a slab or rock about 100 feet thick, and our only way is through. So unless anyone has any better ideas, I want everyone with so much as a BB gun to unload on that wall as we blast our way through. Miya?"

"I'll be doing what I can from up here, but it'll be difficult to shoot down without hitting you guys."

Ask Steve to give Vanessa (Xan) some spine tingles if she tries to steal limbs or organs from the temp-dead. Hopefully I can do this as the new commander.
((I think Pw said people couldn't order shocking of teammates anymore after the dramabomb dropped during M19?))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 23, 2015, 09:22:43 pm »

Use my amp to help melt rock. Try not to overload.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 24, 2015, 11:24:39 am »

Hold on, fire laser at the rock.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #288 on: August 27, 2015, 12:33:49 pm »

Yup, am robot(was on Nuke Door mission remember? Everyone not already a bot was botted after that one :P). So I just have to somehow survive end of mission! (Good fucking luck with that one :P)

Edit:IF I'm still somehow conscious, help with getting us the F out of here in whatever way I can, up to and including shooting the roof with my Sibilius at a spot designated by Flint.
Proceeding to shoot wall.

:Wait, cat eyes! Motherfu-:

Vanessa cuts herself off, frantically searching throughout her compartments for eyes.

Transplant some eyes onto Lyra's braincase somehow. +4 medic powers activate!

Perhaps by attaching a roboarm onto the braincase and letting the cameras in the arm act as eyes? Maybe swap her braincase with someone else's? Something most likely to succeed.

Also steal some of the body parts of the tempdead people. Arms, legs, other organs....they're gonna be replaced anyways. Only if I have time though, prioritize fixing Lyra and any other tempdead ampers.Bah fine, leave the dead people relatively sacrosanct. Use their parts for the fixings if I can, though.

You grab Lyra's brain case and quickly affix a pair of robot eyes to it.

You shake it and point it toward the wall and yell "BURN WALL BURN WALL NICE KITTY"

We're coming up on a slab or rock about 100 feet thick, and our only way is through. So unless anyone has any better ideas, I want everyone with so much as a BB gun to unload on that wall as we blast our way through. Miya?"

Is there any other path? Maybe something a MK3 could get through but a battlesuit can't? Even if there is, help Flint blast through that wall.

Activate my laser cannon's maximum overcharge mode, and shoot straight up at the rock with the power of many many cutting lasers! (Lasts 30 seconds)
This will use up all the disposable batteries and might destroy the lense, but the other components of the weapon should be safe due to the cooling system I installed.
My shield is mounted to the front of the cannon, so it should protect us from any falling debris.

Ask Steve to give Vanessa (Xan) some spine tingles if she tries to steal limbs or organs from the temp-dead. Hopefully I can do this as the new commander.

There's a bunch of other paths branching off, but none of them lead anywhere. This is the side of the colony remember, this thing is capsizing. There's no other way out here for the same reason you don't have doors in your roof.

You shoot too.

@Dubley: :Get Miyamoto to get the sods to help with the hole! Unless they can see a better exit!:
Ask Steve: :If there's a place where the rock is weaker, I'd like to know that. Or if an adjacent level has some sort of corridor that goes out or is easier to dig through.:
@Everyone: :Get ready to fire everything!:

Fire Red Sunbeam and cutting laser at whatever point is closest to the surface or easier to dig through, twinlinked generators. Unless Steve indicates digging sideways into another level and then up has better chances of working, in which case I'll do that.
Coordinate effort with others.
Try to land close to the hole or find something to hold on to and lock my arm around, in case I run out of energy while firing.
If that doesn't seem to be working... well, I'll make another action and probably do something stupid.

>Nope. I've lead you to the area with the least rock possible assuming the colony continues down as it is.

Shooting intensifies.

:Wait, cat eyes! Motherfu-:

Vanessa cuts herself off, frantically searching throughout her compartments for eyes.

Transplant some eyes onto Lyra's braincase somehow. +4 medic powers activate!

Perhaps by attaching a roboarm onto the braincase and letting the cameras in the arm act as eyes? Maybe swap her braincase with someone else's? Something most likely to succeed.

Also steal some of the body parts of the tempdead people. Arms, legs, other organs....they're gonna be replaced anyways. Only if I have time though, prioritize fixing Lyra and any other tempdead ampers.Bah fine, leave the dead people relatively sacrosanct. Use their parts for the fixings if I can, though.

If I become able to see where my teammates are attempting to melt through the rock, I assist with my microwave amp.
And intensifies more

Use my amp to help melt rock. Try not to overload.
And more

Hold on, fire laser at the rock.
And More!

((Sorry for posting so late lately, been bit busy.))

Is there any other way for them to get to the surface without having to dig their way through?

If not, have the sods fire down from the shuttle in order to help 'dig' the team out if possible. Make sure though they fire at a slight 'offset' though to prevent hitting the team. They can use their own weapons, or of one of the dead characters (there is a blaspistol, aster ex, 6 nades, HEP). Do not fire if they cannot do so without a big risk of friendly fire.

Make sure Steve coordinates the efforts between sods and underground teammates to prevent friendly fire and optimize digging.

"I'll be doing what I can from up here, but it'll be difficult to shoot down without hitting you guys."

((I think Pw said people couldn't order shocking of teammates anymore after the dramabomb dropped during M19?))
We'll have them blast some of the rock with the explosive.

Ok, now we roll for everyone. You've got two turns to get through this. If you don't get through by the end of the second, you're dead, swallowed up by the distortion below.  Here we go on round one.....

Ok, good news. You've dug out more then half. About 65% Actually more like 63 and some fraction but whatever. Bad news is that the brains using space magic are getting tired. So their output is gonna fall next turn. Which means a lot of this is gonna rely on the rolls and power of the other people. Those of you who have weapons, if you've been holding anything back, nows the time to use it.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 27, 2015, 12:38:32 pm »

Switch to super-overcharge shots! Those can punch straight through battlesuit plating, and we need all the penetrating power we can get!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 27, 2015, 12:59:01 pm »

Continue to fire laser rifle.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 27, 2015, 02:27:45 pm »

"Beautiful! Keep shooting! We're more than half there!"

Should have about 8 seconds left of overcharge for my laser cannon. Use it all up! Then shoot non-overcharged lasers!
If the laser's lense is too damaged to work after the overcharge then patch it's quite significant power into Flint's weapons, and shoot with my number gun instead! #9715. No idea what this will do.

Toss a bottle of booze to Vanessa.

"Judas, you might wanna use your explosives."
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:52:34 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 27, 2015, 04:23:06 pm »

Sods keep up the barrage as well with the various stuff they have access to. Rest of the plan still stands.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #293 on: August 27, 2015, 04:56:57 pm »

Try to put Lyra's braincase inside Gilgamesh to protect it.
If it doesn't fit of I can't put it in there quickly enough or if it's going to waste time that could be spent shooting: :Vanessa, get the cat in the bag.: Flint said, indicating one of the large sample containers he'd been carrying ever since his time on the anomalous planetoid.
:Sorry miss, it's all I have.: he said to Lyra.

Then keep shooting with mining laser and Red Sunbeamand and start going towards that hole.
If I'm in danger of running out of power or getting submerged in space magic, go for a rocket powered kinamp punch at the hole. Try to protect my teammates from the shockwave with my body, if possible.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 02:21:12 am by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 27, 2015, 05:11:15 pm »

Brute force fix the brains of the ampers by whatever means possible. If that involves taking spare brains and wiring them up to them so they can use the spare brainpower, do it. Or boozing them up, that works too.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:17:22 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 27, 2015, 05:31:42 pm »

Dubley tosses a bottle of HMRC standard to Vanessa.

"Here, give some of this to the ampers. It helps."
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 27, 2015, 09:04:29 pm »

Burny Burny Burny Burny Bury Burny it all away.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #297 on: September 01, 2015, 10:54:14 am »

Alright, lets roll. Good thing most of you with big guns also have good skills. Most of you.
My, a lot of you rolled 6's. Buckling down here eh? Anyways.

So, through a combination of space magic, lots of bullets, pushing tech and brain power to their absolute limits, you manage to burrow straight through a 100 feet of stone in less then 60 seconds. You emerge on the surface, or at least what passes for the surface now. You're actually quite deep in a pit created by the overload with the colony sinking down below you. The Shuttles are hovering a good 20 or so feet up above and Flint manages to grab hold of the rear of one and toss all his passengers in  before helping Dubley and his tagalong in as well. Flint hooks himself onto the bottom of the shuttle just as the last bit of the colony sinks into the molten chaotic mire below and the two shuttles take off, climbing out of the pit and then screaming off across the surface of the planet so close that flint's feet brush the ground a few times.

Whatever shot the other shuttle shoots at them a few times, one of which clips Flint in the right arm and blows away a chunk of his armor, but the shuttles manage to  make it away.

Alright. You've gotten away from the colony. Fly back up to the sword?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 01, 2015, 11:02:50 am »

"Woohoo we made it! Good work everyone. Take us back to the Sword Steve."

Back to the Sword.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 01, 2015, 11:04:16 am »

sleep until we reach the sword, pretending that being sliced up like that was just a nightmare.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 23