Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: Mission 22: Hero Killer  (Read 33113 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 22: Hero Killer
« Reply #240 on: August 06, 2015, 09:18:51 pm »

As Lars strugged with his suit, he began a prayer.  "O Wondrous Steve, grant me your strength!  If there is anything I can do in your service..."

Shoot it while backing up?  Probably just get taken over?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 07, 2015, 12:57:47 am »

Back into a corner an simply unload on it. Nothing to lose at this point, and hey, I might get lucky!
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 07, 2015, 09:54:48 am »

Team Shallow

Move to elevator, laser at the ready.

"So, what should those of us who aren't equipped to take on a walking death machine do?"
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 07, 2015, 10:01:44 am »

Slap "Floor Select" panel to pick one or more floors that hopefully aren't this one. Dakka the AoP with my Gauss Peashooter. Also scream a lot!

EDIT: And if none of that works, Throw Potion #50 at it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:11:22 pm by Hapah »
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 07, 2015, 11:09:35 am »

((Isn't there only one elevator shaft?))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #245 on: August 08, 2015, 08:03:24 am »

Continue trying to get to the elevator shaft.
Once there, fire a Red Sunbeam straight down the centre of the irises. Then get down.

If I get mind controlled by Steve, maybe try to hit the Arbiter with the beam?

Also be sure to warn Steve to have cannons and lasers ready, just in case this is just a distraction so the UWM can attack the Sword.

((Might edit something more later.))
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:04:02 pm by Parisbre56 »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 08, 2015, 06:06:05 pm »

Continue trying to get the shaft.

((Might edit something more later.))
giggity
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 11, 2015, 12:28:05 pm »

Dubley broadcasts to everyone:
"Here's an idea: Anyone who still has a potion might want to take them now!"
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #248 on: August 11, 2015, 01:18:09 pm »

: Look guys. Our enemies hide in metal boxes. That makes them cowards. And fools. Because we can take away their metal boxes.

So all we need to find out is where they are. We can either have the sods investigate the records on the warehouse upstairs or the ones on the administrative level, that's just a few levels up from here. :

((Edited action slightly.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #249 on: August 11, 2015, 10:26:49 pm »

Miyamoto curses to himself, their lack of teamwork having already got their second biggest asset in deep team killed. Amazing.

"Well, I guess that's what happens when you try to just do whatever instead of following a plan. Typical." He mutters to himself. Maybe that wasn't entirely fair, but that notion was lost on him as he scrambled to find a way out of this mess. "Better try to salvage what we can here."

He reopens the private comm to Steve.

"Steve, this is Miyamoto. Initiate protocol Green Storm. Lars, Yancy, Taddok, Tek, Lyra if still possible. If needed, Dubley and Flint."

Initiate Green Storm on team Deep, and the two fliers who could potentially also be of use here.

Next to that, Do I now have access to Lars' nuke? Could I detonate it remotely if needed?

Oh yeah, it's an arbiter.
Try to get its exact model, and what gear this model normally uses.

It seems to have come from the south west, but you can't be sure exactly where in that direction.
Could we try to have the Sword bombard the general area from where the shot came to try and destroy the assailant or flush him out? Or is it too close to the

>Initiating. This is a fighting retreat, and I don't know how many I can save. I'll be offline to other inputs while this happens; I'm pushing the limits here. Be ready.

You do, and not as it is, Well, unless you count telling steve to do it for you when he's in control.

There's only one model of arbiter, though each one has a different head. They choose skulls that would be frightening; so you got human skull, horse skull, lion skull, ram skull, elephant and hippo skulls, though those were shrunk down. They all use the same gear: Amp club, Lethal crowdwire system, and a complement of automanips, both defensive and offensive.

And yeah, we could do that. But we'd have a minimum save range of bombardment and there's the chance of structural collapse in the colony. We're ready to fire whenever you want.

Curse my -1 Dex.
PW, you said I could climb with my limbs. Could I theoretically go faster than the elevator up the shaft by climbing?

Sure.

Lars, Yancy, Taddok, Tek  Dubley Lyra and Flint. I apologize for this. It's gonna hurt.

I'll explain what happens next without metaphor or obfuscation.

Lyra's brain case jerks up as though kicked into the air and Lars, far against the back wall, reaches up with his good arm and tears the cannon off his back. At the same time, Taddok and Yancy open fire on the Arbiter. They don't even attempt to dodge as it slips between them and cleaves them both in half with a single talon tipped roundhouse kick. In fact, their upper bodies continue to aim and fire as they fall. Lyra's brain case jerks again, this time sailing across the room like a bullet, straight into the elevator. As it reaches the center, it fires off another powerful blast at the Arbiter. The Arbiter dodges, slipping back toward the entrance of the elevator shaft, just as Lars rounds the corner. He swings his severed cannon like a cudgel, The entire strength and weight of the suit going into the blow. The Arbiter ducks the cannon but Lar's suit still tackles it into the wall. It seems pinned for maybe half a second before it repositions itself and stabs it's entire arm straight through the battle suit's damaged chest. The suit slumps forward, but reaches down and catches the Arbiter's arm with it's remaining hand before locking the joints in place.  The entire upper half of the suit cracks open like a clam and  the inner cockpit module emerges and centers itself, pointing straight up the shaft. Lyra's brain case, psychically dragging the corpses of Taddok and yancy, slams itself and the bodies into the cockpit structure with enough force to wedge them all in place. Then, as the joints in the suit's arm fail, and the arbiter rips itself free, the eject system fires, and the cockpit and its tag-a-longs go screaming up the shaft.

Several stories up, Flint leaps into the shaft and uses his mining laser to cut a perfect hole down through all the partitioning irises along the way. And when the cockpit flies up to meet him, he catches it, and tosses it back into the mall level before he and Dubley take aim down the shaft. Dubley punches the keypad on his numgun and then fires, and Flint fires the Grav shot he has. Flint then hurls himself back into the mall level and yanks Dubley in with him.

And finally, while it all happened, Tek crawled into the container the arbiter was in, found the massive automanip within, and hacked straight into it with his mono-machete, destroying the automating machinery and rendering it inoperable.  He then pulled out his own manipulator, entered a number with 28 zeros and pressed enter just as the rounds from up above hit.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #250 on: August 12, 2015, 03:14:04 am »

If I'm still conscious and in control, grab everyone Dubley didn't and get the hell out of there, lasering (or rainbowing if easier/necessary) anything in the way.
Prioritise grabbing the temp dead and those that can't move on their own. If there's anyone else that can't grab my suit, tie my rope around me as a handhold and let them grab that.

If the thing is still following us, then use a red Sunbeam to melt the walls of the entire shaft and then fire Indigo Hydra and goop at it. Let's see how well it can dodge on molten rock.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 11:21:10 am by Parisbre56 »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 12, 2015, 04:43:34 am »

((Note, I don't know if Green Storm is still active, or if you can do actions yourselves again, so I'll keep this general.))

You do, and not as it is, Well, unless you count telling steve to do it for you when he's in control.
Nevermind then, we've got a manip overload in there now, that'll suffice.

"Attention all troops, there is an active manip overload on the lower levels, so we are getting the hell outta here. Grab hold of Flint or Dubley and remove any irises or obstructions on your way up. And maybe aim some ordnance down the shaft as well, in case that robot is following you still. Vanessa, you'll probably have to climb, you're kinda heavy. Oh, and we'll be bombing the site pretty soon, so I suggest you all enter a shuttle and have that shuttle fly low northeast until we can be sure we've destroyed their AA."

Tell sods to help load people into a shuttle. Tell them to load a liquified human (colonist) into a shuttle if they have time for that before the team reaches the surface, and to collect some of that green slime and also stow it in a shuttle. I assume the shuttle with dead player chars has returned to the colony entrance by now, and that the shuttle with dead sods is still floating mid-air? Have sods board shuttle last, but only if this doesn't take much extra time. I'd rather loose some extra sods than decrease the chances of our team getting out of there. Note that our sods are in robobodies.

And yeah, we could do that. But we'd have a minimum safe range of bombardment and there's the chance of structural collapse in the colony. We're ready to fire whenever you want.

The idea is that our shuttles, once the team has boarded, would fly low northeast to avoid that AA, and that the bombardment begins once the shuttles are out of the blast radius. Goal of the bombardment is to try and destroy whatever it is that's providing that AA. The colony can then collapse for all I care, if any even remains after that overload. Shuttles can take off for space once we think that AA will be dead or out of range.

And finally, while it all happened, Tek crawled into the container the arbiter was in, found the massive automanip within, and hacked straight into it with his mono-machete, destroying the automating machinery and rendering it inoperable.
Did we get a good look at that automanip that was responsible for the melting effect? Did we get a look at its inside while he was hacking away? Could we try and reproduce it based on that?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 05:06:02 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 12, 2015, 05:11:08 am »

Vanessa sighs - not because of the common perception of women being sensitive about their weight, because Xan doesn't know that's a thing, but because it means he won't be getting help put of the shaft.

"Affirmed, general. If I die because of this I'll haunt you."

S/he puts on a slightly joking tone as he begins moving rapidly toward the elevator shaft.

Run up the wall of the elevator shaft as fast as I can. Don't fuck up on this.

UNLESS THE MANIP OVERLOAD IS COMING UP THE ELEVATOR SHAFT MORE RAPIDLY THAN I CAN OUTRUN IT IN WHICH CASE RUN UP WHATEVER HOLES FLINT AND/OR WHOEVER ELSE MAKE

Or just grab onto Flint.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2015, 02:55:13 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 12, 2015, 05:15:54 am »

"Affirmed, general. If I die because of this I'll haunt you."

"I wouldn't ask this of you if it weren't absolutely necessary. I'm sorry Vanessa."

'Though I have enough blood on my hands already. I guess one more haunting won't make the difference.'
He finished to himself.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 12, 2015, 05:22:52 am »

"Sacrifices have to be made in times like this. No hard feelings."

I'm getting much better at lying.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23