Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 53818 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #315 on: October 09, 2015, 06:36:57 pm »

"Burn out or not, I think we might be able to use this to our advantage if we stoke the stack's fear of a new menace from below, I might continue on with the idea of setting up a private prison where occasionally inmates 'dissapear' " Talk to son's about the possibilities, legalities, and hurdles towards setting up a private prison
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:26:26 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 09, 2015, 07:06:41 pm »

Any concealable weapons, lethal or otherwise. Maybe acquire a list of options?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:37:50 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #317 on: October 09, 2015, 07:22:01 pm »

I'm putting a rush order on those bodies. Don't go out and start being reckless, but don't waste any time.

Things have gotten complicated.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 09, 2015, 07:42:40 pm »

I'm putting a rush order on those bodies. Don't go out and start being reckless, but don't waste any time.

How exactly is Steve going to communicate that order to us?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 09, 2015, 08:50:38 pm »

"Burn out or not, I think we might be able to use this to our advantage if we stoke the stack's fear of a new menace from below, I might continue on with the idea of setting up a private prison where occasionally inmates 'dissapear' " Talk to son's about the possibilities, legalities, and hurdles towards setting up a private prison
To Vincent
Our main business - the medical supply import / export, is a front for us to set up a legal export of prisoners. That is, we are already making a 'private' prison transport system. the idea is to ship threats off world, legally. we just need to contact the head of criminal affairs and get approval and a contract with the government.

((Edited for consolidation))
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:41:47 pm by Ozarck »

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 10, 2015, 03:26:10 pm »

"ah, I didn't realize that. I guess I'll focus on stoking fear of the lower stacks in the higher stacks then"
Write up some news stories about this new cult kidnapping the children of the upper stacks and indoctrinating them/ eating them/ sacrificing them in satanic rituals, get some contacts in the lower stacks to "come forward with these startling facts" (while I video tape them) and pass the videos to some mid and upper stack new agencies
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:42:46 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 10, 2015, 03:33:36 pm »

"ah, I didn't realize that. I guess I'll focus on stoking fear of the lower stacks in the higher stacks then"
Write up some news stories about this new cult kidnapping and sacrificing the children of the upper stacks and indoctrinating eating/sacrificing them in satanic rituals, get some contacts in the lower stacks to "come forward with these startling facts" (while I video tape them) and pass the videos to some mid and upper stack new agencies
Help with this.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 10, 2015, 07:16:50 pm »

If I hear about killing ampers, ask Dester to remove mine for me.

How does the world view homeless? Let's try to get a law passed to ship homeless people off-world. And then become a leading company to do that.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 10, 2015, 07:41:09 pm »

Previous bolded  actions being edited ...
We need IC reasons to move faster.
Pending IC rationale, to ramp up operations:

1) Incite violent crime, preferably making such crime climb the stacks so as to instill fear in the policy makers. (Vincent's writing and Petra's help is in this line, as is Adwarf's action)
2) Contact the Head of Criminal Affairs and push the idea of exportation. Take current long term and death row prisoners if we can get them. (The Sons should handle this, unless we become so time sensitive that direct control is necessary)
3) Expand our emigration operations, focusing primarily on establishing false indentures. Take everyone but stable families, unless/until that last becomes inevitable. (Sons, hired docs)
4) Expand operations to other locations. (Ryan and anyone who wants to assist)
5) Set up the roving food bank and medical assistance booth. Run it for a while as a test operation before adding more in other locations. (Sons and hired medicos)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 10, 2015, 10:29:36 pm »

Maybe the grunts could disguise themselves as homeless people, and commit a few minor terrorist acts? That would definitely stir anti-homeless sentiments, plus it would give us something to do.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #325 on: October 13, 2015, 11:56:33 am »

Figure out how to field-test our scouthand.
Use magical Intuition to think about if anyone is having a Very Bad Idea and yell at them if so.
Attempt to glue cat ears to the stasis-comatose Skyler.
Tinker.

Field testing a scout hand would be best done in a place where it can be easily retrieved and where a wandering disembodied hand wouldn't be considered too odd.

A haunted house with good vents is clearly the best~

[5] Will do.

You glue a pair of cat ears to your unresponsive commander.

Tinker huh? How ya gonna do that without VR?

To the Son
A cursory medical exam is a service for those without general access to such, and people poor enough to need food often won't question minor inconveniences like that. As for selection, simply look for people least likely to be missed - quiet homeless, elderly, that kind of thing. Oh, the food delivery and medchecks should be mobile rather than located in one place, so we aren't taking a noticeable portion of the homeless community from a given spot. There can of course be a central base, but a mobile dispensary or something would be wise. Of course, some simple medical aid should be dispensed as well. That could be the nominal reason why we are giving these checks. That was the idea anyway.

What's this about indenture? Why aren't we doing that? Let's get these men indentured. What popular indentures are out there? service on farms, in industry, to specific households, what?

that cult sounds ultimately horrible and pointless. It also sounds like the kind of thing that will not disturb our operations much, and as long as it is confined to the lowest levels, can be ignored. It should burn itself out, or become pat of the background nightmare that you describe as the lowest levels anyway.

"Ok."

"Most men contract themselves to work at their destination as a method of paying for their trip.  The difficulty would be that we'd need to fabricate a wide variety of documents and records to do so, and if anyone ever checks in on them via the company they're supposed to be with, the false nature of the contract would be revealed. "

"For our purposes, it will most likely not serve as a good tool."

How exactly is Steve going to communicate that order to us?
Steve's communications are rare, but not non-existent. Assume it came during the time skip.

Write up some news stories about this new cult kidnapping the children of the upper stacks and indoctrinating them/ eating them/ sacrificing them in satanic rituals, get some contacts in the lower stacks to "come forward with these startling facts" (while I video tape them) and pass the videos to some mid and upper stack new agencies
Write up some news stories about this new cult kidnapping and sacrificing the children of the upper stacks and indoctrinating eating/sacrificing them in satanic rituals, get some contacts in the lower stacks to "come forward with these startling facts" (while I video tape them) and pass the videos to some mid and upper stack new agencies
Help with this.
Alright.

As a result of this, two things have happened.
1. The upper layers are calling for a crack down on crime, namely that cult.
2. The cult has grown greatly in power and has over taken several lower levels of the stack.

If I hear about killing ampers, ask Dester to remove mine for me.

How does the world view homeless? Let's try to get a law passed to ship homeless people off-world. And then become a leading company to do that.

You wouldn't hear about it till this is over.

That could work. It views them mostly as an annoyance.

Previous bolded  actions being edited ...
We need IC reasons to move faster.
Pending IC rationale, to ramp up operations:

1) Incite violent crime, preferably making such crime climb the stacks so as to instill fear in the policy makers. (Vincent's writing and Petra's help is in this line, as is Adwarf's action)
2) Contact the Head of Criminal Affairs and push the idea of exportation. Take current long term and death row prisoners if we can get them. (The Sons should handle this, unless we become so time sensitive that direct control is necessary)
3) Expand our emigration operations, focusing primarily on establishing false indentures. Take everyone but stable families, unless/until that last becomes inevitable. (Sons, hired docs)
4) Expand operations to other locations. (Ryan and anyone who wants to assist)
5) Set up the roving food bank and medical assistance booth. Run it for a while as a test operation before adding more in other locations. (Sons and hired medicos)

1.Not really needed now.
2. Pushing. They seem receptive, but the current plan is to use heavily armed police units to drive the cult out. They are preparing for a purge.
3.Can do.
4.Ok.
5. Setting up.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 13, 2015, 02:10:26 pm »

Going to put this in phases, so you can decide how far along with this I get in one turn

Phase 1: Have the sons set up an identity for me for our shipping company, as someone who is ambitious and rising up through the company quickly, along with some passable back history (also have the sons use some contacts (do not meet the cult personally) to let the cult know that the upper stacks are preparing a purge on them)

Phase 2: Using the created personality, attempt to make contact with the 10 cheapest per prisoner 'for profit' prison planets (or similar super huge prisons), and on the information that our shipping company may be in the position soon to ship a large amount of prisoners, attempt to get as low a price per prisoner as possible from them, look for companies that would actually PAY for prisoners as well... Bargain hard, prefer the paying companies over the companies we would have to pay, but in the end if we can only pay prisons to take the inmates, accept the 5 lowest to buy prisons

Phase 3: Using my shipping company personality, establish contact with those that Ozarck was in contact with regarding the exportation of prisoners, and let them know we have contacts (do not let them know who these contacts are) who are willing to accept prisoners for cheap, bargain hard to attempt to make a profit off of the transaction, but be willing to go as low as a 10% profit loss per prisoner

Phase 4: Let sons/someone else figure out the ratio of how many prisoners go "missing" on the way to prison planets list where we are sending bodies to as another one of the prisoners on the list (not where they are actually going to though, just a fake out location/company)

Explain plan to Ozrack
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 07:18:06 pm by Kedly »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 13, 2015, 04:26:04 pm »

Hey, remember that time someone looked at the AM's inventions in tinker and you described how all those things were made before tinker was a program? It was just a bunch of documents and stuff. So no, one does not need VR to tinker. :P
Just get a computer or whatever and make some deathtubes. We can send it along to steve next time we're in contact.

Now put the cat tail on Skyler. Our vision will be complete! Just as soon as we can convince one of the medics to change his sex...

Do those cultists have some sort of big hideout? Preferably one with lots of vents. If so, send Manuel on an "information gathering" mission.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 13, 2015, 04:31:25 pm »

Ask the sons if we could fabricate some news stories tying homeless people to the cult. Also, about the aforementioned weapons: Gus would like a list of concealable weapons, lethal and non lethal, we could feasibly import.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 13, 2015, 06:30:52 pm »

To Vincent
Vincent, I like the idea of negotiating for contracts. I don't think we need to contact prison planets, if such a thing is even possible in our time frame ... Dester's frown deepens, forehead creasing in worry. He shakes himself, before looking back at Vincent After all, we are essentially fabricating our own prison world. I think that would involve less paperwork and would keep our employers in control of one side of the equation, rather than making us middle men between two established groups which could cross check each others' numbers. Besides, this way, we can take whole shipments without suspicion, rather than a trickle off the top.

Oh, by the way, why do you want to tip off the cult? They are already growing dangerously, and are in control of too much territory. Tipping them off could turn a bloodbath into an all out war. This could go very bad for us. hmm.

keep working the public. Get the idea of "getting those filthy cultists and all their ilk off our planet" firmly established in the public mind.

To the team:
Alright gang, let's start preparing to take in refugees. I want everyone thinking about ways to pull people out of that situation and get them moving in our direction, discretely! Listen. This cult is dangerous, ridiculous, and bad for business. Do not engage with them. Let the police handle them and we'll deal with the aftermath. Let's get the public thinking of gettingrid of them off world - NOT through extermination. We want live bodies, people! Not corpses! You guys have been doing great work until now and have handled the boredom, stress, and challenges like real men and women! Our bosses would be proud. Let's keep it up!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 31