Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 53901 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #270 on: September 17, 2015, 06:29:46 pm »

Is that fire going to clear up soon? Either wait for it to extinguish and grab whoever looks alive enough or go back to the station and try a lower level.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 17, 2015, 08:13:39 pm »

Something like a paid translation service. Maybe not a translator human being, but something more automated and portable that I can download onto my wristpad. Like google's new experimental two-way translation thing. For audio and text. Even if I have to enter the text in by hand myself.

And as for a pet, shoot. What passes for rats or tegus or bearded dragons around here? Something small and intelligent and can be kept in a box but handled when I'm not surgerizing? Gotta have something to look forward to at home.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #272 on: September 18, 2015, 11:32:24 pm »

a plush toy. The plushiest. With six limbs and three big fuzzy eyeballs.
I can do the plush toy but the specifics might be hard to find.

the specifics were an example and not meant to be definitive. (Especially since these are mostly 'kill time' actions to show I'm still about doing not much while my pot boils [pot here meaning the plans we set in motion that I have to wait for. I am not boiling marijuana].)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You get a plush Waterbear.

Become relevant again.

((Would anyone be willing to give me a tl;dr on the last several pages? I got out of the habit of checking ER, and now I'm pretty far behind. I'll get around to actually reading them at some point, but I'd like to start doing things again sooner than that.))
You were always relevant in my heart XOXO

Ask the Son to have some weapons mailed here, and get them hidden away before preparing to return to the main base.
Done and done.

Something like a paid translation service. Maybe not a translator human being, but something more automated and portable that I can download onto my wristpad. Like google's new experimental two-way translation thing. For audio and text. Even if I have to enter the text in by hand myself.

And as for a pet, shoot. What passes for rats or tegus or bearded dragons around here? Something small and intelligent and can be kept in a box but handled when I'm not surgerizing? Gotta have something to look forward to at home.

Alright, one subscription to "Cockatrice" translation service.

As per a pet...Well they have miniature orangutans around here. Those might be pretty nice.

Is that fire going to clear up soon? Either wait for it to extinguish and grab whoever looks alive enough or go back to the station and try a lower level.
I dunno, human fat burns pretty well. You might want to try and extinguish it yourself before your test subject gets crispy.
Eat the sandwich, pay if I haven't already, and head out and take a quick look at our current surroundings
They're the same as when you came in, lots of shops. Gonna have to be more specific if you're looking for something. I mean, I can sit here and describe the giant tv screen displaying blue skies on the ceiling or the dazzling glitter dusted body paint on that 500 pound woman across the street if you want, but I feel it won't go anywhere.

Hey guys, if you're not doing anything, please get somewhere safe so we can do a time skip. If you're actually doing stuff, thats fine, but otherwise, hunker down and waste a few weeks.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 18, 2015, 11:36:30 pm »

Camp out in Delta. Maybe get a sofa moved in, a TV. You know, have the place dressed up a bit.

EDIT: Head to alpha, and basically do the same thing.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 01:41:12 am by DoctorMcTaalik »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 19, 2015, 12:33:22 am »

Stop the fire WITH MY MIND, extract whatever looks most helpful for medical experimentation and throw it in the bag.
Head back to Beta, if anyone, including teammates asks what I'm doing, give em the finger.
Then open the bottle with Manuel in it only to find that he is absent, thus collapsing the waveform and putting him back on the ship.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 19, 2015, 12:36:28 am »

Hunker down in Alpha for the timeskip. Order sufficient furniture for the others in Alpha that I might have my recliner relatively unmolested by teammate ass for the duration.

If Xael actually manages to bring back a live one, do the surgery first, then hunker down.

Edit: do surgeries during time skip, unless we need a direct action for this first one.

Camp out in Delta. Maybe get a sofa moved in, a TV. You know, have the place dressed up a bit.
Dingus. It's a storage unit. Vincent has been handed an unlimited funds card. get a damned apartment already. hunker down there. I've got my recliner and television, so I'm all set, but Ryan might want some furniture too. Still, make those actions end in "and hunker down for the time skip" people :P
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 01:23:41 pm by Ozarck »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 19, 2015, 11:22:55 am »

Lap-Orangutan would work. Get a female and related materials required to keep it happy and healthy in the 'stacks. Food, some toys, sleeping  arrangements, et cetera.

Also requisition a bed, a chair, a table, and a table lamp. For that late night newspaper translation.

Then during timeskip, surgerize when required, and translate the major articles of newspapers otherwise using Cockatrice. Be sure to take good care of Fetale, the miniature orangutan mascot. Mental health is important too!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 19, 2015, 12:06:48 pm »

Hunker down in Alpha and wait for my abilities to be required.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 19, 2015, 12:23:39 pm »

Continue getting aquainted with behaviour speech etc. patterns during time skip. Be ready for time skip/b]
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 19, 2015, 12:26:02 pm »

Be ready for timeskip. Analyze speech patterns and how to mimic them.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #280 on: September 22, 2015, 11:46:49 am »

EDIT: Head to alpha, and basically do the same thing.

Okie dokie

Hunker down in Alpha for the timeskip. Order sufficient furniture for the others in Alpha that I might have my recliner relatively unmolested by teammate ass for the duration.

If Xael actually manages to bring back a live one, do the surgery first, then hunker down.

Edit: do surgeries during time skip, unless we need a direct action for this first one.

Dingus. It's a storage unit. Vincent has been handed an unlimited funds card. get a damned apartment already. hunker down there. I've got my recliner and television, so I'm all set, but Ryan might want some furniture too. Still, make those actions end in "and hunker down for the time skip" people :P

We are gonna need to do that surgery manually, at least the first one. We can do it via IRC though, to save time, if a body is procured.

You and "dingus" as you call him set up some furniture and make alpha more livable in the mean time.

Lap-Orangutan would work. Get a female and related materials required to keep it happy and healthy in the 'stacks. Food, some toys, sleeping  arrangements, et cetera.

Also requisition a bed, a chair, a table, and a table lamp. For that late night newspaper translation.

Then during timeskip, surgerize when required, and translate the major articles of newspapers otherwise using Cockatrice. Be sure to take good care of Fetale, the miniature orangutan mascot. Mental health is important too!

Miniature Orangutan it is. We'll assume you can, either now or over the skip, manage to get together everything you specify, even if it's not all easily available in the strip itself.

More decorating too eh? Alright.

The other parts we'll do when the time skip occurs.

Hunker down in Alpha and wait for my abilities to be required.
Continue getting aquainted with behaviour speech etc. patterns during time skip. Be ready for time skip/b]
Be ready for timeskip. Analyze speech patterns and how to mimic them.

Waiting for skip

Stop the fire WITH MY MIND, extract whatever looks most helpful for medical experimentation and throw it in the bag.
Head back to Beta, if anyone, including teammates asks what I'm doing, give em the finger.
Then open the bottle with Manuel in it only to find that he is absent, thus collapsing the waveform and putting him back on the ship.

You put the fire out and run over to the cluster of bodies. All of them are a bit crispy, so you grab the least injured, most alive one of them and stuff them into your sack before dragging it back to the train platform. You're lucky it's late and this is a shitty part of town because your sack is leaving a blood trail where you drag it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 22, 2015, 04:07:29 pm »

Throw a charred corpse at Ryan, (claim that it's a "bonus" and that he can perform "two procedures in one") then find a good chair and watch the cattle mutilations.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 04:54:09 pm by Egan_BW »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 22, 2015, 04:26:42 pm »

Throw a charred corpse at Ryan, (claim that it's a "bonus" and that he can perform "two procedures in one") then find a good chair and watch the cattle mutilations.
To be clear, this action involves dragging that bloody sack onto the train, making your way back up to more civilized sections of the stack, and leaving a blood trail right to Beta's door. the area around Beta is sparsely populated, but not unpopulated. You will likely be seen doing this. Whether on the train or elsewhere. This seems like stuff that Xael would know, so I don't think I am being meta here.

I'm not saying don't do it, if you want that kind of fun. I just want you to be clear on what exactly you are about to do.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 22, 2015, 05:31:54 pm »

((I'm just trying to Get On With It. And it seems there's no one around anyway.
Anyway, if you have a better idea...))

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 23, 2015, 07:47:44 am »

((I'm just trying to Get On With It. And it seems there's no one around anyway.
Anyway, if you have a better idea...))
((if your main goal is to "get on with it" you could write this experience off as a loss, dump the still-living corpse, and head back to try again another day. It's an option. Or you could possibly go and find a land line and call in to get advice and maybe some body hiding assistance. Or you could continue with your current plan. Aside from the meta concern that everyone is waiting on the time skip, and the IC concern about the growing risk of discovery, it's still a viable action, even if it does end up causing all o us some difficulty later. Perhaps you could even talk to PW about doing this part in IRC - he did mention he was willing to do the first surgeries there to speed things up. But again, I am not trying to dictate how you play your character, just giving options.))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 31