Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 53747 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #225 on: September 01, 2015, 08:25:50 am »

Guess I'll provide an idle action for Skyler; Something I've been meaning to ask him to do.
Skyler: Poke at Manuel's programming, see if we can turn him into something useful and not just a joke item from a deadman.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #226 on: September 01, 2015, 11:50:03 am »

We've got 3 people just standing in a storage locker up in the upper stack, doing nothing.

Kri is leading this right? I know kre's around, I've seen Ker in other games. Kri! Discipline the nanny goats! Including yourself!

To the Son
I'm sure there are sufficient numbers of unliked ethnic or social groups for our needs. The UWMSS Auschwitz exported millions, targeting minorities and political rivals off the ruling magister of ... some colony. The name escapes me. But, that idea was more for individual preference if we had to deal with a variety of leaders - target their personal demons to win fervent support.

No matter, legitimate business and export of criminals sounds good enough to me. I assume you already have at least a bit of a shipping cover - you got us down here. We can expand on that, or, if you want to keep that part separate, we can create a new shipping company. What kinds of things should we focus on, for imports and exports? Livestock, pets, foodstuffs? Medical equipment? prison supplies?

Stirring up trouble sounds easy enough, but, like you said, let's establish our cover first. At least get our name known. We can start the trouble before we propose our solution, or we can propose the solution ahead of time, as a solution for the current situation.

What do we know about this Head of Criminal Affairs?

Spoiler: Gus is in Delta (click to show/hide)

"We'll focus on Medical supplies and similar goods. It will give us good credibility for moving things of similar nature."

"He is an old man, in power for over 50 years. No children, a divorced wife. His retoric is high, all about reducing crime, cracking down, holding the line, etc. But his actions are generally toward the status quo, nothing outrageous, nothing which would upset too many people or cost much. He would like to ok it for his image, but I feel it might be hard to get any real funding out of the man. As per personal problems, he's annoyingly boring. I know of no potential line of blackmail we could pursue. Nor of any prejudice we could appeal to, at least none so strong as to appear in his personal life. He is a career politician; he's made a life out of being appealing and holding no opinion that causes too much outrage. "

At least three and no more than ten. If I see metal barrels with fires inside, this is the right place. If I see flickering lights and hear the howls of crazed cannibals, that's too far.
Find a good level and someone alone.

You wait for 5 stations and then get off. The station is called "COSSACK" And is covered in graffiti. By this point all of the workers with you have gotten off at earlier stations and the train itself is basically empty save for some large shipping containers apparently headed somewhere lower. There's no one on the platform and the entire place seems poorly lit, deserted and potentially dangerous.

Perfect.

What happened to half our people?
Want me to post for some of our braindead? Skylar, for example?  :o

aww, this ->   3:) doesn't do the devil emoji ...

So, here are several of the bits of plan we've established so far. some may be obsolete depending on certain courses of action, but I think we should keep them on the table, because 50k is a lot of people, and we could use some diversification.

Hopefully this will give you guys some ideas on stuff to do. Maybe the guns could go drinking (but not get drunk) and just get out there amongst the toughs). Ryan could go start investigating hospitals and medical schools, Vincent could start meeting power players. He could get an upscale apartment and begin fitting in up there. Manuel can just ... I don't know, rock the jar he's in, for now.

comments? suggestions? Ideas? corrections? death threats?

We'll see if we can lure Skylar back, but if not we'll let you lead. Should be fun.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 01, 2015, 04:14:51 pm »

We'll see if we can lure Skylar back, but if not we'll let you lead. Should be fun.
I will, of course, take the responsibility very seriously.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Dester to:Delta group
Hey guys, how is it going up there? Are you learning anything useful? We've got some leads down here that we are going to pursue. I think we might like to have a couple of our security types come down and prepare to screen incoming folks and keep the peace. Plus, Xael is off exploring lower in the stacks, so we might experience some turbulence. Be prepared.

Vincent, Petra? Think you guys could blend in with the snobs up there? Get an apartment, maybe work on making some contacts?

We are now a shipping company, focused on medical equipment and supplies. We'll need business contacts and political ones. Focus on law types for the second, but don't neglect to contact someone in public health. Could grease the wheels, so to speak. But one step at a time, right. So first, get at least one of you set up with a nice place and start acting like money. Hmm. Perhaps a title to give legitimacy, like VP of sales for Cosmic Health and Transport, or whatever name our business has. The other can have a similar fancy title - Director of Account Acquisition, or something.

Questions? Comments?

To Ryan
Hey Ryan? Think you could head out and start looking around at hospitals and medical clinics and schools a little? See about finding some likely candidates for interns fofr our operations here? Don't bring anyone in yet, of course, just get a feel for what's there. Keep in contact, too, so we can get things rolling.

That is, unless the sons expect our emigrant clientele will be starting to trickle in soon. In which case, until Skylar is back in communication, you can run operations here. I hope one or two of our security people get back soon, so we don't have any trouble.

Coordinate with the son to establish our shipping company. If it doesn't already have a name, call it Cosmic Health and Transport, Ltd, or something similar. Wait for either Xael to bring us a subject, or at least one other security person to return before allowing any emigre to come in.. Have no more than three in the building and out of stasis at a time. Leave space in that process for Ryan and I to take time to work on other projects, so we can expand. Say the following to the son.

Hmm. Currently, if I remember right, we piggyback our shipping on companies further up the stacks, right? We should probably establish a dock or whatever higher up for direct shipment, right? Are we in a position to make contact with this gentleman? What's his name? If we are, I'd like to get on his schedule, preferably with Vincent and Petra along. As for funding, let's worry about getting approval first. Afterward we can shake the tree a little, like you suggested. Perhaps some chaos could boost our appeal. Also, what is his successor like? Think we'd have an easier time getting funding from him or her?

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 01, 2015, 06:05:27 pm »

((sorry about the braindeadness. Shit hit the fan with my room mate and long story short Im in a new apartment and internet should be up tomorrow))
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 01, 2015, 06:09:04 pm »

"Alright since we're just standing here why don't you show us anything else that's actually here Son, and what exactly the purpose is of having this post is for. I'm not sure about you guys, but I get the feeling that with these fucking ugly ass clothes its going to be a bit hard to work in this area if we can't even stash the gear we need to do our shit."

Ask the Son for a tour, and then prod everybody inside so we can get our inspection over with.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 02, 2015, 05:48:43 pm »

I'll be honest, I've been in the process of kidnapping a single homeless man for a week irl.
Find a guy, cosplay Doc all over him (remember my vr training?), restrain, gag, bag, haul back to beta. Preferably all in one turn. Or better, get in a fight to the death next turn. 

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 02, 2015, 05:52:33 pm »

Ask a Son this:

"Would there be any way to rent an apartment?"
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 02, 2015, 09:54:38 pm »

While following the tour, ask the son a question, trying not to speak at the same time as the others "Where would be a good place to visit if I wanted to watch the locals of this area, to learn how to better blend in?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #233 on: September 03, 2015, 01:08:21 pm »

I will, of course, take the responsibility very seriously.

Quote from: Dester to:Delta group
Hey guys, how is it going up there? Are you learning anything useful? We've got some leads down here that we are going to pursue. I think we might like to have a couple of our security types come down and prepare to screen incoming folks and keep the peace. Plus, Xael is off exploring lower in the stacks, so we might experience some turbulence. Be prepared.

Vincent, Petra? Think you guys could blend in with the snobs up there? Get an apartment, maybe work on making some contacts?

We are now a shipping company, focused on medical equipment and supplies. We'll need business contacts and political ones. Focus on law types for the second, but don't neglect to contact someone in public health. Could grease the wheels, so to speak. But one step at a time, right. So first, get at least one of you set up with a nice place and start acting like money. Hmm. Perhaps a title to give legitimacy, like VP of sales for Cosmic Health and Transport, or whatever name our business has. The other can have a similar fancy title - Director of Account Acquisition, or something.

Questions? Comments?

To Ryan
Hey Ryan? Think you could head out and start looking around at hospitals and medical clinics and schools a little? See about finding some likely candidates for interns fofr our operations here? Don't bring anyone in yet, of course, just get a feel for what's there. Keep in contact, too, so we can get things rolling.

That is, unless the sons expect our emigrant clientele will be starting to trickle in soon. In which case, until Skylar is back in communication, you can run operations here. I hope one or two of our security people get back soon, so we don't have any trouble.

Coordinate with the son to establish our shipping company. If it doesn't already have a name, call it Cosmic Health and Transport, Ltd, or something similar. Wait for either Xael to bring us a subject, or at least one other security person to return before allowing any emigre to come in.. Have no more than three in the building and out of stasis at a time. Leave space in that process for Ryan and I to take time to work on other projects, so we can expand. Say the following to the son.

Hmm. Currently, if I remember right, we piggyback our shipping on companies further up the stacks, right? We should probably establish a dock or whatever higher up for direct shipment, right? Are we in a position to make contact with this gentleman? What's his name? If we are, I'd like to get on his schedule, preferably with Vincent and Petra along. As for funding, let's worry about getting approval first. Afterward we can shake the tree a little, like you suggested. Perhaps some chaos could boost our appeal. Also, what is his successor like? Think we'd have an easier time getting funding from him or her?
Aw, I was hoping for a name that could be like a suggestive acronym or maybe an anagram for something.  Like "Ace Midland Kipping" which is an anagram for "Medical Kidnapping" or similar.

Oh well, Cosmic Health and transport it is.

Not sure what you're talking about with the other parts...I'm having a hard time following what you mean.

The son laughs. " We wouldn't set up our own dock or anything that insanely expensive. The docks are government made and the ships are all owned by massive multi world corporations. The ships all make predetermined trips and the stuff gets passed to different ships at ports all over the place. All we do is buy the rights to cargo space and put stuff in it. The thing which makes a company more or less prestigious is having more space or more connections to different ship companies. Us buying a dock and running our own ships out of it would be like Buying a city and a fleet of cars just to deliver pizza.

In any case, we can make contact with the man through any number or legal or illegal means, but I don't know if a direct meeting is best. Would it not be better for us, the leading group, to remain as hidden as possible? Flashing your face in public can lead to recognition elsewhere, which could prove problematic. My features are inherently and intentionally forgettable, but yours are not. It would be very bad for them to recognize you from a wanted poster, so to speak. "

"Alright since we're just standing here why don't you show us anything else that's actually here Son, and what exactly the purpose is of having this post is for. I'm not sure about you guys, but I get the feeling that with these fucking ugly ass clothes its going to be a bit hard to work in this area if we can't even stash the gear we need to do our shit."

Ask the Son for a tour, and then prod everybody inside so we can get our inspection over with.

"This is basically it. It's just a large empty storage container we rented in case we need to do work up in the nicer part of town" the son says with a shrug. "It's air conditioned, I suppose."

Ask a Son this:

"Would there be any way to rent an apartment?"
"Where?"

While following the tour, ask the son a question, trying not to speak at the same time as the others "Where would be a good place to visit if I wanted to watch the locals of this area, to learn how to better blend in?"
"Oh, anywhere public really." He says, scratching his chin, "Maybe a park or a cafe or restaurant? Depends on what kind of blending in your want to do."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #234 on: September 03, 2015, 01:22:30 pm »

I'll be honest, I've been in the process of kidnapping a single homeless man for a week irl.
Find a guy, cosplay Doc all over him (remember my vr training?), restrain, gag, bag, haul back to beta. Preferably all in one turn. Or better, get in a fight to the death next turn. 

You wander out into the area around the station and its...well it's rather depressing. It's the most basic square concrete hallways you've ever seen. The entire place looks like a goddamn parking structure, and not a nice one. Well, you walk maybe a block...ok, it's hard to tell. You walked down a long concrete hall of fucking nothing and then hit a 6 way intersection and there are little metal doors down each tunnel. it's like you wandered into a prison, or maybe an industrial plant. Oh wait...no, there's someone down there. Multiple someones. Looks like about 5-6 guys; all rather large, all wearing...well one guy appears to be naked but with either body paint or a tattoo that looks like a tuxedo...The guy behind him has a head full of spike implants and solid black eyes...and the lady to their side...or you think it's a lady, hard to tell. She seems to be wearing the better part of a riot cop's uniform, but with several very obvious blood stained bullet holes in the chest. They appear not to have noticed you, or at least not to have recognized you as anything worthy of attention yet.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 03, 2015, 03:01:07 pm »

Was this the part that was hard to follow?
Wait for either Xael to bring us a subject, or at least one other security person to return before allowing any emigre to come in.. Have no more than three in the building and out of stasis at a time. Leave space in that process for Ryan and I to take time to work on other projects, so we can expand. Say the following to the son.
If so, I mean:

To the son:
I got a little carried away, I guess.  I'm not used to being either clandestine, nor considered as in the "lead group." Plus, I was under the impression that a couple of our people came along to be sort of the public face of the group. I might have to revise my thinking about what they can expect up around Delta.

Well, is there anything you need of us before getting the shipping business rolling, or getting people in place to make contact with this guy? If not, go ahead and arrange it.

I have a couple questions:
1) We are going to establish an office for the shipping company someplace other than one of our for bases, correct?
2) Do you need anything before you start getting the word out to people who want to get off world? Remember, I'd like to start smuggling adults only, and just a few at first.
3) Are we ready to set up other businesses? I mean the kind in which lots of people come and go regularly, like health clinics or restaurants or the like where we can hire people who will do some o the dirty work.

I think at this point I can only wait for some of the plan to be implemented. IF the Son needs to go elsewhere to make arrangements, either let him go, or accompany him, depending on which he thinks best. If I leave Beta, leave a note for Xael. Contact info if the son allows it, otherwise, just a generic "gone shopping" type note.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 03, 2015, 03:45:37 pm »

"Looks like this just became a murder-kidnapping. Perfect." Xael smiles.

Stay hidden and watch. Determine who is most subordinate and least armed; Mentally designate them "target".
Now, memorize the location of each enemy and take cover before taking out everyone besides target with the Amp. Use spheres of heat and aim for center mass.
Leave cover and point gun at target. Yell at them to get on the ground.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 03, 2015, 07:04:38 pm »

((HAHAHA YAY SCHOOL))

Ryan listens in on Dester talking before piping in, "...As for shipping our... Cargo. Are we buying space on automatic cargo ships as well? Or are we smuggling them out on our own vessels? Either way, we need to get them through customs... What is customs like here, anyway?"

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 04, 2015, 07:48:31 am »

"Would I be able to get some of our funds? I think I might walk around and get used to the local behaviours and dialect" Request minor funds, and then head out regardless if I've been granted any. To a park if I have no funds, to a restaurant if I was given some. Bring one of the muscle with me "Who's up for a recon mission? ... it'll be boring, but I'd like some backup, both for appearances, and just in case something unexpected happens"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2015, 11:53:31 am by Kedly »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 07, 2015, 07:06:57 am »

Say the following to the Son"Hold that thought, I'll ask again later once I'm certain of where I'll be the most."

"Hey, Vincent, was it? I'll go with you, seeing as I have to do the same anyway."  Go with Vincent.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 31