Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 53788 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #180 on: August 21, 2015, 04:18:02 pm »

"So, Xael, how was your walk?"

"Ryan, we're gonna be here a while, for sure. You are right. Even between the three of us, that would be 16,666 surgeries each, with one left over. If we each did ten a day, we'd be at it for more than four years. But training ... that takes time too. We'll probably need to bring in a squad of doctors. maybe some med students who never made it into practice, or something. I'm sure we'll figure it out. for now, lets keep working on figuring out our environment and getting settled in."

Deter phones Alpha Base, to speak to Skylar
"Looks like we have a pretty good set-up here in Beta. Nice, out of the way location, with transportation carrying heavy loads of raw materials such that our shipments would likely be ... unremarkable. There are prospects here for employment as well. Our medical supplies are quite nice, they would probably be out of place at Gamma's house. Haven't checked that one out yet."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #181 on: August 21, 2015, 07:44:02 pm »

Put on the suit. Hide the stim I have.
Ok.

Hide that gauss pistol anywhere it'll fit. Anywhere.
...what gender are you....lets see...Male eh? Too bad.

Alrighty.

Hide the knives as best I can, use something to strap them to my legs if I have to.
Alrighty.

"Hmm, cryptic. Predatory Nature seems pretty obvious, but what about the others?"

Can we get Space Google here? If so, search for those Muse Things.
Or look them up in the newspaper or something.

Wonder if we could use our seemingly unlimited resources to get some high-quality drugs.
Clearly you need to manipulate local politics so that you can start government run snatcher programs which capture criminals and ship them off to be experimented on.

And yes, ya druggy.

Yes, they brought me. Since this is planned to be a long-term deal, I was hoping to train some folks to speed this up so I'm not performing the same surgery fifty thousand times.

What sorts of "free clinics" or hospitals do they have here? Do the Sons have the ability to pay off some surgeons?

...What's the scope of this mission anyway, 50k and done? Or are we actually trying to set up a reliable income of humans? Are we going to be here while other people take on a second series of missions?

Hmm well then you'd probably be able to deal with medical students. After doing it enough it shouldn't be too hard, even if there might be some fatalities due to being unable to deal with emergency situations.

Hospitals exist basically all throughout the stack, but they vary from top of the line to dirty shack with an acupuncture and an butcher. You could probably get yourself a few of the doctors that got fired from more...reputable organizations for various crimes.

50k is what we need, but setting up something permanent would be good. If you can only get 50k, thats fine too.

The group leaves the bathroom and the Son immediately points to two of them.

"That pill and that gun are very poorly hidden. Extremely poorly."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 21, 2015, 07:58:31 pm »

Well, in that case...

Send in a mail-order for a luxury brand of cigarettes. Something Blue would be preferable, but anything's fine, provided it doesn't have a 13.33 or higher fatality rate.
... After that check what this planet's drug laws are like.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 21, 2015, 08:10:41 pm »

Gus smiles sheepishly.

Shuffle back into the bathroom. If there's any way I can hide the gun up my sleeve or pants leg, do it. If not, put it in the vent with the other weapons.

Return to the son, and await orders.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 08:15:13 pm by DoctorMcTaalik »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 21, 2015, 08:28:01 pm »

Petra mirrors Gus' action, going back into the bathroom and trying to hide the pill properly. If this fails, put it in the vent with the other supplies for now.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2015, 02:08:10 am »

Dester Gree, Beta base

Dester begins studying local politics in an effort to be better prepared to begin manipulating it to create a government snatcher program to gather criminals and ship them off world. He talks to the Son of Hep about establishing an off-world penal colony cover company, with background and everything.

"They have those, right? Off world penal colonies. I bet we could even buy one. Hmm, if it's populated we could get a head start on that head count."

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2015, 02:01:56 pm »

Attempt to hide the pistol in my sleeve flare and ask the son if there is a reason for why I appear to be in a different coloured suit than the rest of the group
Repost in case Piecewise missed this
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2015, 04:25:23 pm »

Ryan sucks thoughtfully on his teeth, looking over the equipment, before hunting down the nearest Son. "Do we have the ability to hunt down seedy medical students and malpractice surgeons and the funds to pay them well enough to work and stay quiet?"

Ask above. If the answer is yes, ask for about a hundred dossiers total, and spend my time familiarizing myself with the procedure itself while I wait. Are there practice dummies here, or am I gonna have to go abduct a homeless scrub myself?

If the answer is no, well, start combing the 'net myself.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2015, 04:58:47 pm »

"Abduct homeless guys yourself? That's what the grunts are for. I bet money isn't an issue though, as they already said we have the wherewithall to make several businesses and pay the staff. Manpower, if I recall, was the main bottleneck. And there, I wish to wait for our leads to decide before taking any direct action. Of course, you're welcome to go on your own. I'll just set up a stretcher and operating table for when you return. Maybe gather some of the bribe money for when the police come shortly thereafter."((There is one son with us in Beta, and one with the others heading to Gamma. We've only seen two Sons, if I recall correctly.))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2015, 07:41:07 pm »

"Oh, I'm not doing anything other than data collection without confirmation from Team Leader. You know how last Joker mission went." Ryan lets out a small "heh," before continuing, "Besides, I'm sure giving a homeless man a loaf of bread and telling him there's more if he follows me shouldn't be too tough. But again, not without word from Team Leader."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2015, 09:18:58 pm »

"True, that. I'm looking into the political scene, myself. I doubt i'll do much manipulating, but, you know. it helps to be informed. I guess this world is going to be home for some time. Dester get's a faraway look in his eye. "Home ... not that I've had one, really."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2015, 10:35:08 am »

Well, in that case...

Send in a mail-order for a luxury brand of cigarettes. Something Blue would be preferable, but anything's fine, provided it doesn't have a 13.33 or higher fatality rate.
... After that check what this planet's drug laws are like.

You tell the son with you to order you more blue smokes before asking him about the drug laws.

"They vary depending on stack and level. The legal system here is very complex and often contradictory.  In general though, the higher up you go, the less restrictions there are."

Gus smiles sheepishly.

Shuffle back into the bathroom. If there's any way I can hide the gun up my sleeve or pants leg, do it. If not, put it in the vent with the other weapons.

Return to the son, and await orders.

The only way you can find to hide it is, well, it makes it look as though you're very happy to be here. Your choice if thats something you're ok with.

Petra mirrors Gus' action, going back into the bathroom and trying to hide the pill properly. If this fails, put it in the vent with the other supplies for now.
You manage to hide it in the divot of your collar bone, just past the collar of the suit. Seems a good place for it.

You both head outside and join back up with the son, who tells you to wait there while he gets changed himself.

Dester Gree, Beta base

Dester begins studying local politics in an effort to be better prepared to begin manipulating it to create a government snatcher program to gather criminals and ship them off world. He talks to the Son of Hep about establishing an off-world penal colony cover company, with background and everything.

"They have those, right? Off world penal colonies. I bet we could even buy one. Hmm, if it's populated we could get a head start on that head count."

"It's possible. Often they simply just ship anyone they really don't want down to ground level, but we could offer to ship them off planet for a reasonable price. There are dead worlds we could say we're shipping them to."

Attempt to hide the pistol in my sleeve flare and ask the son if there is a reason for why I appear to be in a different coloured suit than the rest of the group
Repost in case Piecewise missed this
Nah, you just succeeded on that. Also, you got a different color because thats what we had available.

Ryan sucks thoughtfully on his teeth, looking over the equipment, before hunting down the nearest Son. "Do we have the ability to hunt down seedy medical students and malpractice surgeons and the funds to pay them well enough to work and stay quiet?"

Ask above. If the answer is yes, ask for about a hundred dossiers total, and spend my time familiarizing myself with the procedure itself while I wait. Are there practice dummies here, or am I gonna have to go abduct a homeless scrub myself?

If the answer is no, well, start combing the 'net myself.

"We should, though how many did you have in mind? If we go around scooping up two dozen doctors then someone is gonna notice."

There are no practice dummies here, but there are texts talking about exact procedures and possible problems. They're about the best you'll get, unless you want to get yourself a test subject in the old Doctor way.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2015, 11:14:40 am »

Confirm with Skylar the idea of offering to ship people offworld for the police. Include the idea of becoming a "to ground level" transport service as well (for police groups leery of sending them off planet, who are also understaffed for such things). If he confirms, then suggest to the son to proceed with that idea, starting small with lower level police first. If he vetoes or wishes the plan delayed, then wait.

Also ask the son (and Skylar) if he thinks Beta is a good place to set up the surgery pods, or if Gamma or Alpha would be preferable. If Beta is good, then do whatever prep work is necessary to get the surgery set up in the back of the base and inquire about the necessity of a false wall to hide the apparatus.

If Alpha or Gamma are better, prep the apparati for transport. do we have more than one surgical suite?

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2015, 06:50:43 pm »

Gus has friends, a steady job that pays space gun money, and he might just get to shoot somebody if he's lucky. Gus is happy to be here.

Go ahead and stick the gun down my pants. Making sure to cock it first, of course.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 24, 2015, 07:52:38 pm »

"Hey medi-dudes, you want we to go get some poor chump for you to cut open? I could totally make it happen."

Offer to utilize my skills in murder/kidnapping/murdernapping. And call bosscat to tell him I'm doing that.

EDIT: Greencard acquired! This plan is going to need a bodybag. we have those, right? Some restraints would be useful as well.
Prepare, then go find some hobo.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 09:14:10 pm by Egan_BW »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 31