Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 53898 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #165 on: August 19, 2015, 11:54:10 am »

Have a few smokes and consider the possibility of any Threats, Opportunities, or Threat/Opportunities in this area.
...And be sure to roll Int for it, see?

Threats would probably be minimal; you're not certain if they have any sort of powerful and "Persuasive" unions or pit bosses or something, but as long as you don't step on any toes you probably wouldn't have any trouble. Opportunities are another matter. There's certainly a lot of workers around here and the manufacturing areas, probably all of them lower class and with shit pay. It would be easy to steal some of them away as employees for relatively small amounts of money. And they'd probably have a better chance of keeping their mouths shut then some superstructure thug or gangbanger.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 19, 2015, 03:22:29 pm »

Remind me: do we have landline communications set up between the various bases? Roughly how long is travel time between Beta and Alpha?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 19, 2015, 05:10:03 pm »

"Well if the rest of you are ready, shall we go?"

Wait for the others to get ready, and then leave towards this new culture shock area.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 19, 2015, 05:10:42 pm »

Be ready.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 19, 2015, 05:57:08 pm »

Ready
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 19, 2015, 06:02:30 pm »

Go back to Beta and continue to meditate in a drug-induced haze. Maybe ask the Mechanical Muse for advice.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 19, 2015, 06:49:14 pm »

"Well, looks like we've got the whole deal here," Ryan laughs to himself.

Are there any Sons at this base? Find out if anyone here has the medical know-how to perform this procedure, or if we'll have to go find someone from a free clinic to lie to or "persuade" to help us here.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #172 on: August 20, 2015, 01:39:37 pm »

Remind me: do we have landline communications set up between the various bases? Roughly how long is travel time between Beta and Alpha?
Yes, except the one on the lower levels, and it's about a half hour.

Go back to Beta and continue to meditate in a drug-induced haze. Maybe ask the Mechanical Muse for advice.
You head back.

The Mechanical muse says:

I hear...

...Predatory Nature...

...The Outer Banks...

...Kingmaker...

"Well, looks like we've got the whole deal here," Ryan laughs to himself.

Are there any Sons at this base? Find out if anyone here has the medical know-how to perform this procedure, or if we'll have to go find someone from a free clinic to lie to or "persuade" to help us here.
Didn't you guys bring a guy with medical skills?

The sons don't have that level of knowledge. Their medical skills are first aid and "Anatomy for the purpose of murder".

Ready
Be ready.
"Well if the rest of you are ready, shall we go?"

Wait for the others to get ready, and then leave towards this new culture shock area.
Gonna assume this is everyone.

The beginning part of this  move is easy; another ride on the industrial trains,  then a mass transit elevator up a few hundred stories. From there it becomes more complicated: The son leads you off the elevator and back into a shopping center. He show you to a public restroom and tells you go inside, change your clothing and hide your lower level clothing in the air vent thats above the stall to the far left. He warns you that there is also a cache of weapons in the vent, but not to take any of them. The suits he gives you are odd things; plasticy feeling but very stretchy. They cover you like a tight latex skin but the limbs flair out like wizard robes and bell bottoms, and the entire thing is a glittering gold or silver, except for Kedly's character who gets one in ruby red. You all get dressed and stuff your clothing into the vent as instructed.

If you want to hide anything in your suit, this is the time to say so and I'll roll to do it. Try not to have any unsightly bulges!

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 20, 2015, 01:42:36 pm »

Put on the suit. Hide the stim I have.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 20, 2015, 04:08:21 pm »

Hide that gauss pistol anywhere it'll fit. Anywhere.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 20, 2015, 04:24:39 pm »

Hide the knives as best I can, use something to strap them to my legs if I have to.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 20, 2015, 04:27:36 pm »

"Hmm, cryptic. Predatory Nature seems pretty obvious, but what about the others?"

Can we get Space Google here? If so, search for those Muse Things.
Or look them up in the newspaper or something.

Wonder if we could use our seemingly unlimited resources to get some high-quality drugs.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 20, 2015, 06:10:00 pm »

Attempt to hide the pistol and ask the son if there is a reason for why I appear to be in a different coloured suit than the rest of the group
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 02:01:16 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 21, 2015, 08:04:58 am »

"Are there any Sons at this base? Find out if anyone here has the medical know-how to perform this procedure, or if we'll have to go find someone from a free clinic to lie to or "persuade" to help us here.
Didn't you guys bring a guy with medical skills?

The sons don't have that level of knowledge. Their medical skills are first aid and "Anatomy for the purpose of murder".
Hee hee. I almost answered his question for him, since I was pretty sure the answer is "Yes, you are looking at one, and I am looking at another, and our boss is the third." I would have been pretty embarrassed to find out I didn't have sufficient skills for this  after making such a claim though.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 03:56:27 pm by Ozarck »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 21, 2015, 02:40:23 pm »

Yes, they brought me. Since this is planned to be a long-term deal, I was hoping to train some folks to speed this up so I'm not performing the same surgery fifty thousand times.

What sorts of "free clinics" or hospitals do they have here? Do the Sons have the ability to pay off some surgeons?

...What's the scope of this mission anyway, 50k and done? Or are we actually trying to set up a reliable income of humans? Are we going to be here while other people take on a second series of missions?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 31