Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 53790 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2015, 03:58:17 pm »

Jesse snorts when he sees the pair of rather lackluster fellows before following the others to the clothes.

Don mismatched clothes, and look around for anything strange.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2015, 09:22:42 pm »

Don shabby, mismatched clothing, and ask: "How many are you currently able to ship per shipment? How often can you ship? I understand there is medical equipment involved, like stasis pods and the like. Where is that? What kind of network has been established in the local area?"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 30, 2015, 02:13:57 am »

Good, good. How spread out are the four facilities, and what else have you setup for us?

Chat while getting dressed. Randomly select clothing of each type until clothed in appropriate sizes.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 30, 2015, 07:13:41 am »

Quote from: Dester to: Skylar cc: Vincent
Hey boss, we still waiting to see what the situation is like before making final decisions on who to target, and how? I figure, this being a long term thing with high volume, we'll probably have to be fairly flexible in both target and method, but I'm still willing to try to minimize our "shit on the poor" index and aim for the more dickish denizens if you are. Of course, the shooters should probably have more say in that. I don't even have a weapon. I kind thought we'd be supplied in that manner as well. Guess I should have brought that cane after all.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #94 on: July 30, 2015, 12:02:03 pm »

Everyone gets dressed in properly punk clothing.

Ryan sighs inwardly.
"Anything else we can do to help fit in around here?"

"Do your best to show no signs of weakness. We are currently on one of the lower sections of the stack and in these areas might makes right more often then not. Appear confident but do not try to intimidate others, as they may be driven to assert their own dominance. In general, appear as though you think you belong here, but start no trouble. "

"How many are you currently able to ship per shipment? How often can you ship? I understand there is medical equipment involved, like stasis pods and the like. Where is that? What kind of network has been established in the local area?"[/glow][/color]
"Unknown. We have shipped none yet. Shipments are, as of now, somewhat sporadic"

"The current location low in the stacks means we can get shipping only via piggybacking our containers onto existing shipments with extra room. It is cheap and hard to trace, but the timing and amount we can ship varies."

"The current location of the medical equipment is at Storage alpha, which is also the area which we have set up as your main headquarters. It is slightly higher up in the stack, in an area with gangs that are more friendly to us. We have set up friendly relations with several local gangs as well as paid off the lower level law enforcement as well as we can. We have supply lines with various legal and illegal suppliers of medical goods, as well as arms and materials."

Good, good. How spread out are the four facilities, and what else have you setup for us?

"They are spread over several hundred horizontal miles, but are relatively similar in vertical orientation."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 30, 2015, 12:11:21 pm »

Yes but is Skyler wearing Cat ears. This is very important.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 31, 2015, 01:53:08 am »

"Do we know of at gangs that are enemies of the gangs we are allied with?"
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 31, 2015, 02:08:53 am »

Ryan, happy with his ragtag assortment of pockets, pipes up.

"Yes, they scratch our back we scratch theirs kind of thing? They get us easy targets off the streets, and we help 'eliminate' their rivals by doing the same? Once they grow in power, they'll owe us and can continue to deliver for us in exchange for help keeping down rivals. Assuming they're the 'romantic', more ancient style of gang or mafia we're allied to."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 06:11:42 pm by Gentlefish »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 31, 2015, 07:00:12 am »

Ask:

"What do these gangs know of us and our goals? what is it they think they are friendly toward? I don't want to assume anything, so does buying o the low level cops basically mean they don't see the occasional odd shipment, and maybe overlook ome minor discretions, or is there more to it than that? Oh, I believe my compatriots here have some ... equipment coming down in a separate container. Has that arrived? I was told we'd be supplied on locations, so I haven't brought anything but a few miscellaneous tools."
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 03:06:36 pm by Ozarck »

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 31, 2015, 11:01:02 am »

"If we're going to storage alpha, what're we doin' here?"

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 31, 2015, 10:23:50 pm »

Jesse looks at the two Sons somewhat annoyed for a while before finally deciding to talk.

"What kind of weaponry, and assets do we have in case we encounter the more violent form of resistance aside from the other shipment?"

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 31, 2015, 11:55:53 pm »

Skylar nods. Alright. Are there any supplies we should take from here, or are they mostly stockpiled in Alpha right now? A second shipment was on the way as well.
You're the locals, how should we be moving to Alpha?

talktalktalk

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2015, 09:15:01 am »

Yes but is Skyler wearing Cat ears. This is very important.
Fine. Got a Krisexual inserting his magical realms.

Skylar nods. Alright. Are there any supplies we should take from here, or are they mostly stockpiled in Alpha right now? A second shipment was on the way as well.
You're the locals, how should we be moving to Alpha?

talktalktalk
"Anything we need should be at alpha. This is holding backups and unrelated things."

"Extra materials. To make the warehouse more convincing."

"We will move as per normal. Walk, then public transport. Best way to hide."

"Is in plain sight."

"When You're ready."

Ask:

"What do these gangs know of us and our goals? what is it they think they are friendly toward? I don't want to assume anything, so does buying o the low level cops basically mean they don't see the occasional odd shipment, and maybe overlook ome minor discretions, or is there more to it than that? Oh, I believe my compatriots here have some ... equipment coming down in a separate container. Has that arrived? I was told we'd be supplied on locations, so I haven't brought anything but a few miscellaneous tools."
"They believe us to be nothing but another criminal organization making money through various illegal means. We maintain a serviceable relationship via exchange of weapons and drugs."

"Minor profit, but serves to ally us with them."

"Buying off local law enforcement means mostly that they will not pursue investigations against us, and will redirect suspicion if possible."

"They are selfish though. They won't put their own reputation or life on the line to help us. Secrecy is still our best option."

"Second container went straight to alpha. We have gear waiting there as well. And we can provide as needed."

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2015, 02:21:53 pm »

Ready to proceed to Alpha, follow team lead.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2015, 03:36:07 pm »

Ryan, happy with his ragtag assortment of pockets, pipes up.

"Yes, they scratch our back we scratch theirs kind of thing? They get us easy targets off the streets, and we help 'eliminate' their rivals by doing the same? Once they grow in power, they'll owe us and can continue to deliver for us in exchange for help keeping down rivals. Assuming they're the 'romantic', more ancient style of gang or mafia we're allied to."
probably should have put TALK here.

Also.

TO ALPHA SITE
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 31