Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31

Author Topic: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night  (Read 53725 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Action Post
« Reply #360 on: October 20, 2015, 08:08:30 am »

Spoiler: Questions for PW (click to show/hide)

Dester shuffles some papers, makes some notes, and looks at the group around the conference table. We should really get us a conference table. This card table is too small, and that leg wobbles. oh well.
Alright, looks like things are progressing pretty well, all things considered. there are a few trouble spots, but so far, nothing that threatens us significantly. I do wish we could quell those rumors though, but that kind of thing circulates even when there is no interstellar conspiracy to kidn-
Dester glances quickly at Gus, and away. Ahem, well, even in a vacuum, rumors spread faster than light. back to the matter at hand. We've been doing quite well, I think, and as long as things move along as they are, we should be able to reach quota within the year, assuming constant growth of our projects. Here are the areas I think need the most attention for the moment:

Actions and orders/suggestions (subject to change in response to other players' posts below):

Dester talks to the Sons: We've been pushing to get shipment contracts to relocate prisoners off world. Remind me, do we have a prison colony, or a facimile thereof, established that will pass inspection? Ryan's insistence on contacting real off world prisons reminded me.

Ryan should focus on recruiting new doctors, as our project has expanded to near capacity. he should also establish a time off rotation so as not to fatigue our current doctors too much. No sense in increasing the chance for mistakes and reducing productivity through exhaustion.
Vincent should influence public opinion so that people want the undesirables (cultists, violent criminals, the indigent) off planet. (sorry I didn't make that clear in my previous action posts. I thought I had :P The idea is to make our legitimate enterprise more appealing to the government and the people) he should also work with the sons to create and/or promote our off-world prison.
Petra should continue to manage the refugee flow, and in particular combat the rumors of slavery with a simple dismissal, as if urban legends are beneath response.
Gus and Xael should continue to make sure our prospective slaves don't get rowdy. The Sons should probably bring in additional muscle for the purpose.
Jesse should recruit his gang of trouble. Or, you know, help with the above, should the need arise.
Dester will assist as needed, primarily with the doctors and organizational concerns. He will not help with the violent parts as he would likely do more harm than good. Same with the charismatic bits.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 23: Thing that Goes Bump in the Night
« Reply #361 on: October 20, 2015, 05:42:45 pm »

kk, I'll update my action. I don't want the prison to be in any way related to the shipping company I am working for though, as that would attract more suspicion
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 20, 2015, 05:44:36 pm »

Do what Ozark said. Really, not much else to do.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 20, 2015, 09:31:48 pm »

Ozark, once again, has the idea down good.

Expand my search for new surgeons from those with malpractice to include medical students interested in making a dollar.

Try to have enough doctors so we can have them cycle through shifts of three surgeries (assuming each surgery lasts two hours. Adjust otherwise so it comes out to 8 working hours.), three times a week. Allow for half an hour break (Or an amount of time to total up to two hours break per eight hours) between each surgery.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 21, 2015, 06:57:34 am »

Ozark, once again, has the idea down good.

Expand my search for new surgeons from those with malpractice to include medical students interested in making a dollar.

Try to have enough doctors so we can have them cycle through shifts of three surgeries (assuming each surgery lasts two hours. Adjust otherwise so it comes out to 8 working hours.), three times a week. Allow for half an hour break (Or an amount of time to total up to two hours break per eight hours) between each surgery.

don't forget that we are not ramping operations down, so this is a goal to shoot for, but not a direct edit of the current times that the doctors operate. Otherwise, we'll have rested, happy doctors, and looooooong lines. We'll qualify to be an HMO
Spoiler: explaining the joke (click to show/hide)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 21, 2015, 06:44:31 pm »

Oh no, I'm recruiting more so we -can- have shifts -and- be able to keep surgeons rested. Rested surgeons means faster surgeries and shorter waits and the ability to process 24 hours a day.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 21, 2015, 09:25:11 pm »

Oh no, I'm recruiting more so we -can- have shifts -and- be able to keep surgeons rested. Rested surgeons means faster surgeries and shorter waits and the ability to process 24 hours a day.
I figured. :P

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #367 on: October 22, 2015, 11:34:37 am »

Alright! So you see those phones that are sitting next to you? Hold them for a moment and take some deep breaths while I explain.

So the good news is that Space magic is... well not terribly common around here. There's Not automanips just running in the background everywhere like they are in the ship. But they do exist. Namely they exist in the various spaceships at the docks, including the ones you've been using. So. Number one, I would suggest that if you or anything you like is at or near the docks, you remove it from that area very quickly.

Number two, things are gonna be pretty crazy here for a while when they realize their entire space travel industry just, at least partially, collapsed. Those giant freighters won't work anymore because they relied on manips to reach jump speed, which means that all those contracts of yours with the big shipping companies are gonna be useless.

Figuring out a new method of shipping off world and taking advantage of this chaos should be your main goal for the moment.

Because time is a bit wonky, I'll give you an action or two to get set up before the change hits.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 22, 2015, 12:19:37 pm »

If we IC know that shit is going to hit the fan soon with amps, research for and use the shipping company to buy an abandoned space port, and the biggest non amp using cargo ships that the budget will allow, send the cargo ships to dock in the abandoned space port, and get construction workers working on getting the port back into working order (without the use of amp related tools). If the sons have contact with a planet that has lost control of amps before us, get one of those contacts on that planet to say he knows my shipping persona, and that s/he was the one that gave advanced notice of amps going fubar
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 02:10:26 pm by Kedly »
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 22, 2015, 04:28:53 pm »

Attempt to do some not-technically-tinkering on a datapad. The SPACELAW will live!

EDIT: Do NOT get possessed by an alien god.
You know what, that's a bad idea and I have a better one. The spacegod is the "Lurker in the Angles", right? Well, he just left those angles, meaning that they are rife for someone to sneak into them and steal all it's power!
Use my Lurking power that I got from russian roulette to Lurk into the angles formerly occupied by the Lurker in the Angles.

Do crazy action above.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 22, 2015, 05:38:48 pm »

Any reason the existing pistols that other people have wouldn't fill this need?

I got the impression that the mauler pistols really weren't designed for stealth. I guess I was wrong?

Also, how many people has Gus had to shoot? He's a civilian with no prior combat experience or (legitimate) criminal record, so these numbers matter to him.

As I continue doing my job, continue to imagine the patients as cattle. Gus would rather not contemplate the ethics of any of this.

Still do this.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 22, 2015, 05:42:35 pm »

I'll need help from teammates and the Sons to do these things. Also, anyone have any non-insane ideas on a) making the best use of a major societal shift and the inevitable chaos, and b) alternative space transportation possibilities?

Order any shipments currently en route to the spaceports, or at them, to be removed and placed in storage at a distance. Don't use the term "at a distance" though. Make it circumspect that we are moving away from the ports, so we don't look like we have foreknowledge of catastrophe.

How many can we store in stasis on planet? Also, identify and locate any non-amp using spaceship we can acquire or get shipping rights on. If necessary, we'll continue to risk amp using ones.

Establish a security branch of our corporation and hire candidates who will be reliable as essentially a private army. Do so circumspectly. Locate an out of the way safe place, preferably a large building or complex, in which we can bunker down and bring in captives for storage during the crazy times.

Contact Steve or Milno if possible and find out if we have any ships nearby that are capable of transporting our cargo and also able to land unrecognized for loading. Perhaps we can get some shipments direct shipped if the UWM is in enough chaos on this colony to miss a reasonably sized ship in the confusion.
Also, ask what to do about the space magic in our party.

Spoiler: team space magic (click to show/hide)

Re: taking advantage of the chaos. If we needed bodies fast, we could create an organized crime body snatching unit, or, again, work with the police as they quell riots. as is, though, we are at peak load for our capacity. This shouldn't directly affect the lower stacks, but the upper stacks will be in chaos, and the entire economy is about to fall apart, which means riots, shortages, and potential political chaos.

If we IC know that shit is going to hit the fan soon with amps, research for and use the shipping company to buy an abandoned space port, and the biggest non amp using cargo ships that the budget will allow, send the cargo ships to dock in the abandoned space port, and get construction workers working on getting the port back into working order (without the use of amp related tools). If the sons have contact with a planet that has lost control of amps before us, get one of those contacts on that planet to say he knows my shipping persona, and that s/he was the one that gave advanced notice of amps going fubar
There is no such thing currently as an abandoned space port.

The son laughs. " We wouldn't set up our own dock or anything that insanely expensive. The docks are government made and the ships are all owned by massive multi world corporations. The ships all make predetermined trips and the stuff gets passed to different ships at ports all over the place. All we do is buy the rights to cargo space and put stuff in it. The thing which makes a company more or less prestigious is having more space or more connections to different ship companies. Us buying a dock and running our own ships out of it would be like Buying a city and a fleet of cars just to deliver pizza.

Attempt to do some not-technically-tinkering on a datapad. The SPACELAW will live!

EDIT: Do NOT get possessed by an alien god.
You know what, that's a bad idea and I have a better one. The spacegod is the "Lurker in the Angles", right? Well, he just left those angles, meaning that they are rife for someone to sneak into them and steal all it's power!
Use my Lurking power that I got from russian roulette to Lurk into the angles formerly occupied by the Lurker in the Angles.

Do crazy action above.
You ... you WANT the universe to implode, don't you? You're not going to steal it's power, it brought it's power with it. It'll eat you.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 22, 2015, 06:52:51 pm »

There COULD be rundown property that is able to send and receive space ships that wasn't feasable to buy before amp ships stopped working. Basically, I don't want our ships ANYWHERE near the amp ships

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 23, 2015, 12:30:47 pm »

Idea: Have Steve mail in a really super big version of the teleport rifle, take over a fission power plant to power it under the pretense of maintenance, teleport people onto a stealth ship in geosynchronous orbit. Foolproof.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 23, 2015, 03:40:11 pm »

Continue recruitment drive/surgerizing. Really not much else to do; It's why I'm here.

Maybe see if my head feels funny when the wave of Origin Funk hits us.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 31