Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50155 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #465 on: October 10, 2015, 08:55:29 pm »

"Fine, fine."
Help with setting up the explosives.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #466 on: October 12, 2015, 02:34:52 pm »

"I'm personally starting to think I might not like amps after all, despite how handy they might look. So doctor, while Pancaek deals with his body wanna remove my amp?"

Submit myself to on field brain surgery.
Done.
Seeing the new message come to QEC, Maurice yanked it back, then put it aside.
"Synthflesh, amps, manips, kinamps... and that is about it. Too bad the only things we have from the list are amps and synth-flesh."

"Hasala, what did you pick up that was torn from Ulrich? Because I have a feeling that Ulrich might not need that brain surgery after all."

Proceed with field brain surgery of every amp user present. Of which there are, in that order: Hasala, Ulrich, Pancaek. Use the "cursed" Dissector Knife and Han's assistance.

Can I confirm the presence of amp within Ulrich? If yes, and no amp, then skip him. If uncertain, cut him like everyone else.

Delay surgery on Pancaek until he uses his amps to destroy the synth-flesh, or is clearly unable to do so. (Thus it he is last on the patient list.)

Try to fix up my leg with fleshknitter and usual medical supplies along the way.

The knife, your skill and the help mean it all goes as planned. Ultrich's amp looks different after it is extracted, there's what looks like a burn mark on one side but his brain tissue isn't damaged.

You get your leg splinted and as fixed as you can.

"fucking hell"

Puke up all of the stuff in my gut of holding for teammates to scoop up. Allow my braincase to be ejected from my synthbody. Once braincase is hooked up to camera's use Amps to destroy my synthbody, either by converting it into helium if I feel like I've got enough mindpoints with the universal amp, or by just burning it with the microwave/universal amp until nothing is left. Then hope for the best and undergo brain surgery.

You de-gut the junk and give it to your teammates before your brain case is ejected. You use your amp to completely obliterate the synthflesh body; which is harder than you expected, but you manage.

Hasala uses Mad Hatter to read the QEC message over Pancaek's metaphorical shoulder. He was just as capable as Ulrich of snatching it and looking at it himself, of course, but this way was less rude.

"I don't think I recovered his amplifier, but whatever is in this artifact container should probably be destroyed anyway. Give me a second."

That ineffable stuff from Ulrich that I recovered probably wasn't his amplifier, right?
Regardless, drop it on the ground a reasonable distance from the shuttle, fly back to safe distance, then fire namite at the forcefield container. If that isn't enough to destroy it, pop my Exotic stim and use my mass amp to crush it. Afterwards, submit to amp-removing brain surgery.
Wait why am I doing this separately from all of the amps being destroyed. That is stupid. Start the pile of things-to-be-destroyed with my forcefield container of ineffable substance. Away from the ship. Then submit to field brain surgery.

You have no idea what the Ineffable is. For all you know it's crystallized physics. Regardless, you pile it and all the other stuff that needs to be destroyed up on one area. Remember, when force fields break, they explode. And thats a pretty strong forcefield.

"Wait... Eddie, those leg braces use kinamps, right? They go too.

And Steve says our best hope is getting a ship out of the system. The nearest one is 34 miles to the north-north-east from here."

"34? only 34?! I can fly there and back inside of 20 minutes, also sure I can give a hand with braincase ejection"
eject braincase if it is a quick job otherwise do not, grab cameras and fly to this spaceship place at max speed (200) and find this ship if there are guns on the walls or something like that then get into contact with whoever is in command of the area if the ship is not guarded then get in and begin power up

You fly off towards the ship and make it there fairly quickly. The ship is quite a large thing, clearly designed for freight, sitting pretty much unprotected in a large landing field. It should be able to get off planet and maybe even jump, but it's hard to say how fast it can accelerate. You fly over to it and land next to the main hatch in. However, the hatch is locked and made of quite thick metal. You don't have the strength to pry it open,  nor a laser to cut it open.

"I don't think these contain any kinamps, or any other king of space magic. Just regular magic, sir"

If for some immense bullshit reason a piece of the bullshit god of bullshit comes for the amp users, defend the integrity of the universe by making their amps into grenade-taste chunky salsa.
"I will gladly assist. You know, we might want to destroy them just to be sure. Consequences and all."

Alright, none of that yet.

Aid with brain surgery, loan Aster-Ex to explosion-making.
"Fine, fine."
Help with setting up the explosives.

You rig the pile to blow.

The first rods completely rise above the still burning explosion, and new ones pierce through to join them. They begin forming some sort of complex lattice of black rods that hovers impossibly above the ground.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 12, 2015, 03:12:08 pm »

Dr. Maurice Sanctor wiped the sweat off his brown as he extracted the final implant, and smiled.

"Now... Go! Blow it up, and let's move out!"

Does the shuttle have any emergency spare suits? Put one on if there is.

Get the pile blown up - at safe distance, of course, - then confirm it's all destroyed.
Then transmit the signal.

"What Needs To Be Done."
...I'm sorry.
Putting it on hold for just a little longer.

Someone, take the QEC. Hasala, Ulrich, you get to bear two non-fliers each; thankfully, we'll fit just fine in each of your exoskeleton arms. First you'll have to reach the closest road heading to the spaceport - there has to be one, damnation! check out the satellite maps, or get directions from Steve - and make a run for it. If we find a vehicle, good, if not - turn on "Exaggerated Movements Mode" for what extra stride it would give you, and run with large strides, the exoskeleton should more than accommodate it. The flight packs alone wouldn't last us as long as the distance calls.

If you can quickly refuel from shuttle's reservoirs in under half an hour, do so as we blow up the amps, but otherwise don't bother. If anyone has anything to add, do so.

Konrad, if you can hear me, report your situation.

((Since Piecewise didn't say anything about comms being blocked, I won't assume so, but never hurts to be cautious with this sort of thing. Plus, currently Maurice is lacking a suit, so... Things might be a bit complicated. Currently checking it out with him.

Edit: Minimal safe distance added in. Because forcefields.))

Help Hasala refuel if that's viable (fuel is compatible, refuelling can be done reasonably fast - i.e. just a few minutes). Be transported.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 08:21:47 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 12, 2015, 03:50:08 pm »

"Got it."

Is the shuttle fuel compatible with MK III? Is it possible to refuel my MK III with it reasonably fast? If answer is yes and yes, and my fuel state is under 80% then try to do so. Assist refueling Hasala's suit.

Stuff Pancaek and his stuff into my backback. Grab Han and Lucricia and fly towards the ship in low altitude, just above trees. If it seems that fuel won't last that far, then check out satellite maps looking for roads. Try to land on the metioned road if one is found and run along it using Exaggerated Movements Mode while carrying the people.

And if we come accross a car while walking/running, then take it to speed up traveling, its previous owner can walk to land of dead.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 11:56:21 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 12, 2015, 04:14:05 pm »

"One thing. Do we know how far from the planet we need to be before sending that order to the automated weaponry in orbit? If we send it too early, it might destroy the ship we're trying to escape on, but too late and the entity will infect a piece of Origin tech.

I'll carry Maurice, I don't trust myself to refill my rockets without potentially breaking something, and according to the files everyone else here isn't much better."

((This conversation is chronologically before you'd send the order, and I'll justify pointing the above out for seemingly no reason as being slightly out of it from just receiving field brain surgery.))

If a MkIII can refuel in the field and the shuttle's fuel tanks can be accessed with or without exoskeletal strength, fill up my non-forcefield type artifact containers with shuttle fuel. Top up on what's left, unless that's an Aux roll.

Once we're ready to set the explosives off, grab Maurice (fight Ulrich for him if necessary, he's the only other person with Aux on the team and I'm not refilling my suit myself with Aux 0), one other teammate, and the QEC unit, then start flying toward the ship we want to escape on.
Keep an eye on fuel level and ask Maurice to refill my rockets with the shuttle fuel once they start to get dangerously low. Land if necessary.
Assuming Konrad doesn't meet us with the ship half-way and the extra fuel I brought (if any) wasn't enough, try to land near an inhabited area so we can steal a vehicle.
If there's no inhabited areas between here and the spaceport, land once we've gotten as far as the MkIII rockets will take us and start running with the MkIII exoskeleton on Exaggerated Movements Mode.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 12, 2015, 04:26:50 pm »

"We might be too late. We might succeed with taking off from the planet, but fail to outrun the rising storm. We'll have to take our chances, I believe. That was the whole point of cutting out our amps in advance, even with some slim but existent chances of survival. Plus, we want to deal with the Origin tech as soon as possible just in case the storm advances to the nearest piece of it sooner than we leave the planet."

"You can check it with Steve if you're taking the QEC anyway. There is still a bit of time before the command could be sent."

((Send Piecewise a pm, preferably titled "Re: The Message from the QEC" (it's a little tradition by now), and enjoy the faster-than-turn-update communications. ;D
...He might just doom me now for this suggestion. But hey, he handed us this "Vox ex Machina" himself!))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 12, 2015, 06:04:03 pm »

Make sure everyone is outside the ship and a resonable distance away, then detonate the explosives.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 13, 2015, 06:03:46 am »

"FUCKING SHIT DAMMIT...guys I need to blow a hole in the rear hatch with Clto get in, not sure that I can get in any other way, thoughts?"
first try contacting ship via radio/wifi if there is a response then get them to open the hatch else ,quickly look for other entries that are less hardened/locked, use forcefield explosives method first then use PAWN magazine if the door has not been breached/sufficiently weakened to be breached, place all explosives used near the lock
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 01:31:58 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 13, 2015, 07:44:46 am »

I'm a braincase without amps now! Just see if I can still use mad hatter to look around, then just chill.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 13, 2015, 10:36:45 am »

((Just got it confirmed: there is communication, and Maurice kept his helmet from the suit, just in case. ))

"Copy that, Konrad. If you need explosives, you can use the forcefield artifact containers. Forcefields explode when the projecting material is however slightly damaged. Board the ship and prepare for lift-off, if unable - find a vehicle and come back to pick us, we'll be moving there shortly along the nearest road."
Past Sigs

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: October 13, 2015, 03:27:28 pm »

((Just got it confirmed: there is communication, and Maurice kept his helmet from the suit, just in case. ))

"Copy that, Konrad. If you need explosives, you can use the forcefield artifact containers. Forcefields explode when the projecting material is however slightly damaged. Board the ship and prepare for lift-off, if unable - find a vehicle and come back to pick us, we'll be moving there shortly along the nearest road."

"How is that better than using the PAWN magazine?"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: October 13, 2015, 05:34:19 pm »

:Not very much, except it's probably less "wall-eating acid" and more "sheer explosion", and leaves you with a magazine. Do as you see fit, I was merely informing you of the option.:
Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #477 on: October 16, 2015, 01:52:19 pm »

"FUCKING SHIT DAMMIT...guys I need to blow a hole in the rear hatch with Clto get in, not sure that I can get in any other way, thoughts?"
first try contacting ship via radio/wifi if there is a response then get them to open the hatch else ,quickly look for other entries that are less hardened/locked, use forcefield explosives method first then use PAWN magazine if the door has not been breached/sufficiently weakened to be breached, place all explosives used near the lock
The ship is empty and doesn't respond.

[1]
You attempt to blow the door using forcefield containers as bombs. This results in you blowing not only the door but a large chunk of the ship open.

For the rest of you, we're gonna assume a few things.

1. You blow up that pile and don't manage to kill yourselves in the process.
2. You make it to that ship.

I'll just give you these things, because at this point, it doesn't matter. I want to impress this upon you in no uncertain terms.

You have 2 turns left. Maybe 10 minutes worth of in game time.

And you know what will happen if you fail. I would suggest not doing that.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: October 16, 2015, 03:15:16 pm »

Get in the ship fast as possible and begin warm-up procedures if damage is preventing this re-route this ship just has to get us off the planet minimum. Start flying us the hell away as soon as possible
« Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 02:55:21 pm by Corsair »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: October 16, 2015, 04:18:59 pm »

Help anyone trying to get to the controls do that, I guess. If there's spare time on the QEC, try and wrangle the following into it.

Quote from: Eddie Gracerer->Steve
"If we don't survive, please make sure that all Lars gets of this mission is the message I just sent him"

Quote from: Eddie Gracerer->Lars
"MY GOD, IT'S FULL OF GOD!"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33