Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50168 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #450 on: October 10, 2015, 09:39:22 am »

"Wait... Eddie, those leg braces use kinamps, right? They go too.

And Steve says our best hope is getting a ship out of the system. The nearest one is 34 miles to the north-north-east from here."
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 10, 2015, 09:53:34 am »

Hasala uses Mad Hatter to read the QEC message over Pancaek's metaphorical shoulder. He was just as capable as Ulrich of snatching it and looking at it himself, of course, but this way was less rude.

"I don't think I recovered his amplifier, but whatever is in this artifact container should probably be destroyed anyway. Give me a second."

That ineffable stuff from Ulrich that I recovered probably wasn't his amplifier, right?
Regardless, drop it on the ground a reasonable distance from the shuttle, fly back to safe distance, then fire namite at the forcefield container. If that isn't enough to destroy it, pop my Exotic stim and use my mass amp to crush it. Afterwards, submit to amp-removing brain surgery.
Wait why am I doing this separately from all of the amps being destroyed. That is stupid. Start the pile of things-to-be-destroyed with my forcefield container of ineffable substance. Away from the ship. Then submit to field brain surgery.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:37:14 pm by swordsmith04 »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 10, 2015, 11:02:19 am »

"Hasala, what did you pick up that was torn from Ulrich? Because I have a feeling that Ulrich might not need that brain surgery after all."

"What, you mean the thing completely broke my mass amp? Are you sure we can destroy that... whatever that thing yanked out of my head is, with conventional means?"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 10, 2015, 11:11:14 am »

"What other means do we have? Unless you want to use another improvised nuke."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 10, 2015, 11:13:24 am »

"What other means do we have? Unless you want to use another improvised nuke."

"Well, none really. But if we can't then we should take it with us."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 10, 2015, 12:50:17 pm »

"fucking hell"

Allow my braincase to be ejected from my synthbody. Once braincase is hooked up to camera's use Amps to destroy my synthbody, either by converting it into sand if I feel like I've got enough mindpoints with the universal amp, or by just burning it with the microwave/universal amp until nothing is left. Then hope for the best and undergo brain surgery.

((Sand is complex mineral, helium is very simple element and should be much easier to do. And helium won't be in our way as much as humanful of sand.))
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 10, 2015, 12:58:26 pm »

"fucking hell"

Allow my braincase to be ejected from my synthbody. Once braincase is hooked up to camera's use Amps to destroy my synthbody, either by converting it into sand if I feel like I've got enough mindpoints with the universal amp, or by just burning it with the microwave/universal amp until nothing is left. Then hope for the best and undergo brain surgery.

((Sand is complex mineral, helium is very simple element and should be much easier to do. And helium won't be in our way as much as humanful of sand.))
((Right, probably better to play safe instead of visually dramatic. Editing.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 10, 2015, 02:49:36 pm »

((Pancaek you should probably remember to puke up all your stuff from your gut of holding before destroying your body.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 10, 2015, 02:50:35 pm »

((Pancaek you should probably remember to puke up all your stuff from your gut of holding before destroying your body.))
((There's not much in there that can help us at the moment, but I might as well. thanks for reminding me.))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 10, 2015, 03:08:19 pm »

"Wait... Eddie, those leg braces use kinamps, right? They go too.

And Steve says our best hope is getting a ship out of the system. The nearest one is 34 miles to the north-north-east from here."

"34? only 34?! I can fly there and back inside of 20 minutes, also sure I can give a hand with braincase ejection"
eject braincase if it is a quick job otherwise do not, grab cameras and fly to this spaceship place at max speed (200) and find this ship if there are guns on the walls or something like that then get into contact with whoever is in command of the area if the ship is not guarded then get in and begin power up
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 03:22:05 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 10, 2015, 03:28:22 pm »

"I don't think these contain any kinamps, or any other king of space magic. Just regular magic, sir"

If for some immense bullshit reason a piece of the bullshit god of bullshit comes for the amp users, defend the integrity of the universe by making their amps into grenade-taste chunky salsa.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 10, 2015, 08:34:16 pm »

Godspeed you, winged emperor. But take the bloody camera with you, for what it's worth. At least the data has to get back to Hephaestus, or we all would have died in vain.

If we get out of here alive thanks to the "Fat Sparrow"... I owe Anton an apology. A huge one.

"Are those Armory Master's design, or someone else's? Ah, hmmm, you are right, these shouldn't have kin-amps in them."
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: October 10, 2015, 08:36:11 pm »

"I will gladly assist. You know, we might want to destroy them just to be sure. Consequences and all."

Aid with brain surgery, loan Aster-Ex to explosion-making.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:46:11 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: October 10, 2015, 08:41:53 pm »

"Ah, but we are destroying them indeed, after we've finished extracting them. Eddie, Lucricia, rig up a nice explosion to destroy the amps after we take them out and pile into one heap." Thanks to Steve's precautions, we hopefully won't even need to do all the work here; if it works, just by "tampering" with them they should go boom on their own - like manipulators do.
Past Sigs

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: October 10, 2015, 08:45:42 pm »

"I was actually referring to his leg braces. But I believe I still have some Aster-Ex we can use for the amps."

Action Edited.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33