Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50173 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #435 on: October 10, 2015, 07:18:28 am »

"You wouldn't. You'll take away everything that I am. Please tell me you're not saying what I think you're saying." The synthflesh face shows no emotions, but his voice is sounding harsher now.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 10, 2015, 07:24:03 am »

"Wait, this is about how it intercepted my amp attack? And... pulled it out? And if it can spread via that and synthflesh is related to the origin thing... Holy shit! You know, that's exactly why ignorance is not good!"
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 10, 2015, 07:34:41 am »

"You wouldn't. You'll take away everything that I am. Please tell me you're not saying what I think you're saying." The synthflesh face shows no emotions, but his voice is sounding harsher now.
"There probably won't be a you at all pretty soon if you don't do as they say."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 10, 2015, 07:36:01 am »

This time when Maurice turned to face Pancaek, he did not look entirely calm. It was as if a mask was slightly lifted from his face, and something deep... pained... and sympathetic could be seen behind the self-control. However, it lasted only for a few moments, as if he decided that he has shown enough and slipped the mask back.

"I will, friend. And afterwards I will cut out every amp from every person present, and destroy those too. Because if we do not, every amp user, every synth-flesh bearer in ARM and beyond could get controlled by that entity. And then we will try to survive despite all that... and so Mistress help me, if we come back to Hephaestus alive, every single item lost from your inventory will be repaid from the Hephaestus stocks. Even if it means that Steve fires me from that position, but I somehow doubt he would mind that."

"Consider just this: To destroy an amp, no brain surgery is needed. You simply blow up the head/braincase, and call it a day. However, brain surgery is needed to allow the patient to survive the experience almost unscathed. And I do have the necessary skill to succeed in such an attempt."
...should Mistress be generous with her blessings. But then again, when was I not dependent on those?..
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 10, 2015, 07:46:17 am »

"There probably won't be a you at all pretty soon if you don't do as they say."
Pan snaps toward Lucricia, black syntheyes unblinking.

"Don't you give me non of your shit, or so help me god I will fling your ass at mach speed towards those spires."

He turns back to Maurice, less harsh.

"Try me. Try to just blow up my braincase. I dare you. I fucking dare all of you." He's quiet for a moment, calming down, speaking much quieter now. "I don't like this. Not one bit. Is there anything you need me to do with my amps before we do this?"

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 10, 2015, 07:50:36 am »

"Yes. Destroy the synth-flesh. I don't think the weapons we have could destroy it as thoroughly as your amps could. And... I don't want to blow you up, nor anyone else present. Nor does Steve. That's why he sent me these instructions in the first place."
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 10, 2015, 07:54:43 am »

"Fine, can you somehow get my braincase hooked up to some cameras and not go into hibernate mode? Destroying it will be easier when my brain isn't inside."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 10, 2015, 08:09:12 am »

"Konrad, help Pancaek with the ejection and confirm that Mad Hatter works fine. I haven't brushed up my technical skills for quite a while."

((It's [Aux] roll, IIRC from STAN mission. No need to do anything with Mad Hatter, because it should allow "squadsight" just perfectly, but oh well, entering that bit for the sake of RP and as a reply to "hook up cameras".))
Past Sigs

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 10, 2015, 08:12:28 am »

"Maybe we should find closest spaceport and steal a ship from there. If it has stasis pods then we can escape and wait for rescue."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 10, 2015, 08:12:50 am »

"Right, fine. Now, just before we do this, and for no particular reason, I'm going to need to see those qec messages. Just to give myself some piece of mind, ya dig?"

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 10, 2015, 08:16:31 am »

Ulrich snatches QEC from Maurice. Easy task considering he has powered exoskeleton and Maurice does not.

""Here."

>Give this message to Maurice:

The extrauniversal resonance which is allowing the entity to pass into our reality is not declining. It is increasing exponentially.  Cross over of all or part of the being is inevitable.

The being has shown a capacity to manipulate and connect with devices created using technology and materials gathered from the Origin. If it were to contact these, it may gain the capacity to leap through the extended influence of origin into every object and person connected using these devices. This can not be allowed to happen. You must destroy the ones held by your team. Before I crashed the ship, I left enough automated weapons in orbit to deal with any devices held by the public, so once you've destroyed those you hold, send the command phrase to the following frequencies.   

[There's a large list of numbers here]

The Command is : "What Needs To Be Done"

I can't activate your implants from here, with the local ship gone. Make due however you see fit.

I'm Sorry. 

Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 10, 2015, 08:21:18 am »

"Right, so, synthflesh and amps, correct? I'm not the only one here with amps, though."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 10, 2015, 08:24:56 am »

"I'm personally starting to think I might not like amps after all, despite how handy they might look. So doctor, while Pancaek deals with his body wanna remove my amp?"

Submit myself to on field brain surgery.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:26:27 am by AoshimaMichio »
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 10, 2015, 09:12:31 am »

Seeing the new message come to QEC, Maurice yanked it back, then put it aside.
"Synthflesh, amps, manips, kinamps... and that is about it. Too bad the only things we have from the list are amps and synth-flesh."

"Hasala, what did you pick up that was torn from Ulrich? Because I have a feeling that Ulrich might not need that brain surgery after all."

Proceed with field brain surgery of every amp user present. Of which there are, in that order: Hasala, Ulrich, Pancaek. Use the "cursed" Dissector Knife and Han's assistance.

Can I confirm the presence of amp within Ulrich? If yes, and no amp, then skip him. If uncertain, cut him like everyone else.

Delay surgery on Pancaek until he uses his amps to destroy the synth-flesh, or is clearly unable to do so. (Thus it he is last on the patient list.)

Try to fix up my leg with fleshknitter and usual medical supplies along the way.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:35:30 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 10, 2015, 09:20:58 am »

"fucking hell"

Puke up all of the stuff in my gut of holding for teammates to scoop up. Allow my braincase to be ejected from my synthbody. Once braincase is hooked up to camera's use Amps to destroy my synthbody, either by converting it into helium if I feel like I've got enough mindpoints with the universal amp, or by just burning it with the microwave/universal amp until nothing is left. Then hope for the best and undergo brain surgery.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 02:51:00 pm by Pancaek »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33