Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50256 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #375 on: October 02, 2015, 12:40:17 pm »

((I was going to run away anyway.))

"Well, this is nice place and all, but I think I have just had enough. And since the way out is apparently clear, I'm out. See ya."

Abandon teammates and fly out using the apparent opening the alien god blasted. Let's say 200 km/h. If I get succesfully outside, report to Steve via radio or QEC, which ever works. Steer towards the shuttle while staying far away from the anomaly area to the point I have to fly towards it to get to the shuttle.

"It appears we released a space god or something and it is about to perform a ritual or something. It stole something from me when I used amp. The... intent? I don't know. I guess you can pull what my suit has recorded so far? And did any QEC message get through?"

So you fly out and we'll assume you tell steve whats going on and he learns about it himself via downloading your suit's camera records. At this point he would say.

>Keep running. Assuming you and the planet survive, we'll bring a new ship by in the next few years. Try not to die. 

"Oh you smarmy Assholes."
Okay, can I see Pancaek anywhere? If so, run towards him, drag him out, and hide behind what remains of the Dome, once the others get out, plug the crack with a goop greande, even if it doesn't make any difference.

If not, well, arm and chuck the goop grenades down next to me, so they can neatly encapsulate me without suffocating me.

Use running stilts for running, at a slight angle so I'm not standing in the path of least nuclear resistance
Fire in the hole! Everyone clear ground zero! Which is the dome!

Pancaek!..

Hasala, Ulrich, pick up Pancaek and me after I leave the suit!

Everyone else, MOVE MOVE MOVE! Run, jump, fly, get away!

...I'm overloading my suit's reactor.

"Stop Maurice! We can get STEVE to put a dropship nuke through the hole in the shield your sacrifice is unnecessary!"

Quote from: @Steve
Steve, we require nuclear level attack in the centre of the dome there is a hole in the dome that you can fire through, I would suggest a low angle orbital mass weapon bombardment

fly maximum speed at an angle to the line of the devastated swathe so that I cover distance but also get the shield behind me. If there is someone nearby and I can pick them up and they are unable to fly then pick them up and fly at a greater angle to the swathe to make up for slower speed

Everyone de-asses the area, dragging the man-shaped anchor that is pancaek with them as well. They make sure to run diagonal away from the zone, putting the anamoly's intact walls between themselves and the impending boom. Attempts to contact Steve yield static.

Fire in the hole! Everyone clear ground zero! Which is the dome!

Pancaek!..

Hasala, Ulrich, pick up Pancaek and me after I leave the suit!

Everyone else, MOVE MOVE MOVE! Run, jump, fly, get away!

...I'm overloading my suit's reactor.

Mistress, this is an offering to you. Let me be strong enough to continue suffering your affections. ...You haven't yet tired of toying with me, have you?

Pray. Execute the plan. Try to survive and keep at least the cursed knife, my whole combat belt if possible.
((I was going to run away anyway.))
((This, though I now have a shiny I want to collect before running for it.))

Take dexterity stim.

If I have time during this action, fly in and attempt to scoop that ineffable stuff Ulrich dropped and apparently no longer wants into an artifact container. Pray to space-god that it's corporeal.
If Maurice's latest suicide attempt  current plan  latest suicide attempt goes the way Nikitian wants it to, and Maurice is left standing around naked and suitless, fly in and grab him by an arm.
If Maurice instead does something very likely to temp- or permakill himself, take my Exotic battlestim and wait until just as his chosen suicide method is going off, then use my amplifier to yank his head off and hopefully up into my hands.

Fly out of the anomaly at top safe speed. Or faster, if necessary.

Hasala flies down and quickly grabs the point of solidified...whatever in a force field container.

As he does this, maurice runs himself over towards the burning, spinning, CLF3 tainted ritual site and separates the top half of the suit from the lower. He climbs out, eyes already burning from the smoke and toxic fumes, and runs around to the rear of the suit. He disconnects the cooling systems manually, ie with repeated blows, and then cranks the reactor's output to maximum. That done, he stacks as many force field containers around it as he can, stuffs as much of his gear as he can fit into his backpack and then does his best to hop, limp towards the exit. The pain of his crushed leg is starting to come back now that the MKIII isn't keeping him medicated.

Hasala, finished with his loot extraction, flies in and picks maurice up, carrying them both outside to join up with the rest of the team.

The suit's reactor overloading isn't a nuclear blast; at least not a good one. The fissible materials push themselves away before a really good cascade can start. But the shields of the containers failing add some more force. From the outside perspective of the mission team, they simply see a sudden gout of flame and smoke seem to pour out of empty air. The anomaly shield remains intact.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 02, 2015, 12:52:26 pm »

"Wonderful. I'm sure I can keep myself occupied. Say, is our shuttle manually controllable? Do I have time to make it so and use it to gain more distance?"

Upon hearing only static as response Ulrich claims "Fucking hell! Guys! Get your asses to the shuttle now!"

Fly to our shuttle. Do any possible modifications needed to manually pilot it. As soon as it's ready for piloting, pick up rest of the team by hovering the shuttle near them so they can fly/climb/be carried in. After they are onboard, fly it away from ground zero fast. Any direction is fine, as long as it is not down. The direction is UP, 70° angle! Hopefully not crossing paths with raining manipulator overload.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:08:18 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #377 on: October 02, 2015, 12:56:34 pm »

Steve isn't going to reply. Side effect of the manips on the ship warping space time to the degree he needs.

But you can manually fly the shuttle.

I would suggest it actually. Post Haste.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 02, 2015, 01:05:50 pm »

((Post haste applied.))
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 02, 2015, 01:26:47 pm »

"Much obliged for you lot carrying me. I can't seem to move my everything at the moment."

Get carried into escape vehicle. If carrying doesn't work, use mass amp to help myself into shuttle.

Once in shuttle, if it looks/sounds like we're going to get caught in the blast/attack, form a protective bubble around the shuttle with amps. Don't be afraid to splurge a bit on the mindpoints. Also make sure it doesn't keep the shuttle from moving, of course.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 02:47:15 pm by Pancaek »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 02, 2015, 01:38:16 pm »

Get to da choppa

"Get to da choppa!"

((Get to da choppa!!)
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 02, 2015, 02:29:47 pm »

Be carried to the shuttle. Endure the pain.

Confirm everyone is aboard.

See to my leg. How bad is it, what could be done?

Confirm that stasis pods on the shuttle are fine and available. We will likely need them as we wait for the pick-up vessel.

((Called it, ramming speed! Brace for impact! :P))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 02, 2015, 10:46:06 pm »

Get on the shuttlegetontheshuttlegetontheshuttle.
Helping Panceak, too.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 01:10:24 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 03, 2015, 01:07:49 am »

"For your information, the planet might not survive what Steve is about to do! So you better run fast because I'm not waiting for long!"
Old sigs.
Games.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 03, 2015, 03:53:11 pm »

Generic area de-assing, shuttle-boarding action.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 04, 2015, 12:21:45 am »

Carry Maurice to Da Choppa.

"Oh good, we're leaving."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 05, 2015, 12:01:20 am »

((I'll fly being AUX man))
drop any carried team-mates and fly fast towards the shuttle begin preflight checks and engine startup ready to de-ass area along with assisting any necessary conversions
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 12:09:52 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #387 on: October 06, 2015, 01:28:11 pm »

We can assume you all get to the shuttle and that the pods in it are still functioning. However, we have a bit of a conflict here:

"Wonderful. I'm sure I can keep myself occupied. Say, is our shuttle manually controllable? Do I have time to make it so and use it to gain more distance?"

Upon hearing only static as response Ulrich claims "Fucking hell! Guys! Get your asses to the shuttle now!"

Fly to our shuttle. Do any possible modifications needed to manually pilot it. As soon as it's ready for piloting, pick up rest of the team by hovering the shuttle near them so they can fly/climb/be carried in. After they are onboard, fly it away from ground zero fast. Any direction is fine, as long as it is not down. The direction is UP, 70° angle! Hopefully not crossing paths with raining manipulator overload.
((I'll fly being AUX man))
drop any carried team-mates and fly fast towards the shuttle begin preflight checks and engine startup ready to de-ass area along with assisting any necessary conversions

We got two people here who are trying to fly the same shuttle. And shuttles are, if you remember, not designed for that. They're barely designed for one person to fly; and that one person has to squeeze into a tiny tube in the front of the shuttle and pilot with t-rex arms, so to speak.

So, work out who you want to do that or I'm gonna roll for a slap fight outside the shuttle, which will cost precious seconds. 

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 06, 2015, 01:33:56 pm »

((Flying shuttles is aux, right? Then I'd say corsair would be best))

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 06, 2015, 01:51:58 pm »

((Yeah, aux. I have +1 which is not bad, but worse than Corsair's. But I so want to doom us and/or get a change to be awesome!

Meh, let Corsair fly. I'll help him into the driver's tube.))
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33