Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50288 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #360 on: September 28, 2015, 04:18:07 pm »

Use my mass amp to float myself through the crack and outside. Once outside, go slightly left/right so I'm not in front of the crack and just keep getting distance from the anomaly. as much distance as I can manage.

If I see/hear/sense an explosion coming toward me, use amps to form a protective bubble over myself.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 05:01:52 pm by Pancaek »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 28, 2015, 05:28:51 pm »

((I was going to run away anyway.))
((This, though I now have a shiny I want to collect before running for it.))

Take dexterity stim.

If I have time during this action, fly in and attempt to scoop that ineffable stuff Ulrich dropped and apparently no longer wants into an artifact container. Pray to space-god that it's corporeal.
If Maurice's latest suicide attempt  current plan  latest suicide attempt goes the way Nikitian wants it to, and Maurice is left standing around naked and suitless, fly in and grab him by an arm.
If Maurice instead does something very likely to temp- or permakill himself, take my Exotic battlestim and wait until just as his chosen suicide method is going off, then use my amplifier to yank his head off and hopefully up into my hands.

Fly out of the anomaly at top safe speed. Or faster, if necessary.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 28, 2015, 07:47:55 pm »

"Oh you smarmy Assholes."
Okay, can I see Pancaek anywhere? If so, run towards him, drag him out, and hide behind what remains of the Dome, once the others get out, plug the crack with a goop greande, even if it doesn't make any difference.

If not, well, arm and chuck the goop grenades down next to me, so they can neatly encapsulate me without suffocating me.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 28, 2015, 11:31:04 pm »

Hasala, Ulrich, pick up Pancaek and me after I leave the suit!

"Nah, he's too heavy. And better protected. Information we gathered here is more important. Hasala can handle you."
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 29, 2015, 02:27:22 pm »

Use running stilts for running, at a slight angle so I'm not standing in the path of least nuclear resistance
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 30, 2015, 05:42:18 am »

Fire in the hole! Everyone clear ground zero! Which is the dome!

Pancaek!..

Hasala, Ulrich, pick up Pancaek and me after I leave the suit!

Everyone else, MOVE MOVE MOVE! Run, jump, fly, get away!

...I'm overloading my suit's reactor.

"Stop Maurice! We can get STEVE to put a dropship nuke through the hole in the shield your sacrifice is unnecessary!"

Quote from: @Steve
Steve, we require nuclear level attack in the centre of the dome there is a hole in the dome that you can fire through, I would suggest a low angle orbital mass weapon bombardment

fly maximum speed at an angle to the line of the devastated swathe so that I cover distance but also get the shield behind me. If there is someone nearby and I can pick them up and they are unable to fly then pick them up and fly at a greater angle to the swathe to make up for slower speed
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 30, 2015, 05:48:55 am »

((...
I'm pretty sure the hole is at the edge of the dome, not at the top, so Steve would have to pitch that nuke through the planetary size equivalent of a Mossie's asshole at a nearly horizontal angle.))
Alan help.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #367 on: September 30, 2015, 06:04:42 am »

((...
I'm pretty sure the hole is at the edge of the dome, not at the top, so Steve would have to pitch that nuke through the planetary size equivalent of a Mossie's asshole at a nearly horizontal angle.))
((You can always fire the "laser".))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 30, 2015, 08:08:32 am »

((The problem is, I don't think we even have proper cannons on our "unspecified vessel", and the dome might hold one or several strikes before collapsing (unless ridiculous angling to aim for the breach, of course). And then, we might not have time to put the ship into the proper orbit and all. And while I would not balk at having the ship simply ram the site (if it doesn't have weapons as a I supposed), stranding us here in process until rescue comes, that would take yet more time to pull off. At the moment, it's the fastest way we could hamper the flame-person advancement towards the circles. IF it doesn't work, we can always call in for ship assistance after we've cleared the dome boundary.

The entity is far too dangerous to let into our galaxy embodied to give it even a small chance to accomplish its ascension or whatever while we are waiting for kinetic kill. And besides, I wonder if the nuke-round from our cannons is worth more than all our MkIIIs on this mission taken together... Regardless, the die is cast. Let's see how much we can get done this way. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 30, 2015, 11:06:35 am »

((The problem is, I don't think we even have proper cannons on our "unspecified vessel", and the dome might hold one or several strikes before collapsing (unless ridiculous angling to aim for the breach, of course). And then, we might not have time to put the ship into the proper orbit and all. And while I would not balk at having the ship simply ram the site (if it doesn't have weapons as a I supposed), stranding us here in process until rescue comes, that would take yet more time to pull off. At the moment, it's the fastest way we could hamper the flame-person advancement towards the circles. IF it doesn't work, we can always call in for ship assistance after we've cleared the dome boundary.

The entity is far too dangerous to let into our galaxy embodied to give it even a small chance to accomplish its ascension or whatever while we are waiting for kinetic kill. And besides, I wonder if the nuke-round from our cannons is worth more than all our MkIIIs on this mission taken together... Regardless, the die is cast. Let's see how much we can get done this way. ))

Seeing as the Sword's rounds caused a large nuclear-level blast when dropped, let alone fired, a handful of 1kt suicide bombers are definitely not up to the same level.

That said, it was a warship, instead of a stealth science tug or whatever

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 01, 2015, 08:54:52 am »

Seeing as the Sword's rounds caused a large nuclear-level blast when dropped, let alone fired, a handful of 1kt suicide bombers are definitely not up to the same level.

That said, it was a warship, instead of a stealth science tug or whatever
((It wouldn't be that hard to hit horizontal with a rod if correctly done, I do it unintentionally in kerbal space all the time))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 01, 2015, 09:03:50 am »

((But that isn't the only factor, apart from KSP physics not being the closest to reality, think about the ship itself, where would it have to be for the guns to line up? If the guns are portside, it would have to be vertical if and only if there was one gun on the very end of the portside, if there were some on the front, you better hope they're gonna be bottom mounted, otherwise there is no way one's gonna get in there.
And even if the stars do align, an inch of difference means it impacts the wall and not go through the hole, making the entire exercise useless.))
Alan help.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 01, 2015, 12:12:54 pm »

((But that isn't the only factor, apart from KSP physics not being the closest to reality, think about the ship itself, where would it have to be for the guns to line up? If the guns are portside, it would have to be vertical if and only if there was one gun on the very end of the portside, if there were some on the front, you better hope they're gonna be bottom mounted, otherwise there is no way one's gonna get in there.
And even if the stars do align, an inch of difference means it impacts the wall and not go through the hole, making the entire exercise useless.))

((You know that in space, ships can rotate to point in any direction?

The actual problem with the plan is that the ship has to actually get into the correct orbit to drop it's payload, which could take like an hour if they weren't already prepped for orbital bombardment))

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 01, 2015, 07:01:27 pm »

The actual problem with the plan is that the ship has to actually get into the correct orbit to drop it's payload, which could take like an hour if they weren't already prepped for orbital bombardment))
((If they are able to alter the course of the payload post launch then it would be far easier so what about just dropship nuclear bombardment?))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 01, 2015, 07:02:44 pm »

((If they are able to alter the course of the payload post launch then it would be far easier so what about just dropship nuclear bombardment?))
((Moving to OOC.))
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33