Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50323 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2015, 05:42:29 pm »

Check myself. Have I wrecked myself? If I haven't, check how far off the ground I am. If I'm off the ground, use my amps to descend safely. Then examine the black figure through Mad Hatter.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2015, 06:17:34 pm »

Be.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 16, 2015, 12:48:45 am »

"Hmmm.
Alright then, guys, change of plans, we are going to stay here and hope to whatever gods there may be that we don't get spotted by the dude covered in white flames."

Hidehidehidehide.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 16, 2015, 07:28:39 am »

"Commanding officers report in who do we have?"
listen to report, if there are no officers take command, use the flight of fat sparrow to maintain a 250 m exclusion from flamey-white-guy observe him and statues, if attacked then return fire with extreme prejudice and flee
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 16, 2015, 12:57:24 pm »

Fly over to the circles of puppets. Scan the centre of that inner circle with every CamEye mode. If there's anything physically there, fire my laser rifle at it. If the flaming figure is approaching too quickly to destroy it with the laser rifle before it arrives, use my namite thrower. If there's no physical object in the circle or my weapons have no effect, observe. Preferably from a distance of several hundred meters and through the maximum zoom of my CamEyes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 16, 2015, 07:48:06 pm »

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I am getting down from here. I don't want to have to run vertically. Anyone else with me?"

Should the puppets no longer be guarding us, head downstairs, keeping an eye on the gathering and scanning through my Mad Hatter settings to see if I can pick anything else up than what we see. If the puppets are guarding us, stand close to one of the flyers.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 17, 2015, 12:43:37 am »

"I'll be with you right after I confirm he hasn't killed you in five seconds."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #307 on: September 17, 2015, 11:06:48 am »

Check my existence.
You exist but you had a large amount of very heavy rubble dropped on you. And unfortunately a large piece of it collapsed your chest, so you're dead. But not permadead or erased from existence. So...Small victories.

Be.
You are as well. And the collapse didn't even kill you! Crushed one of your legs though. If I were you I'd use this return to sanity to command your subordinates because they seem to be in a state of complete disarray.

Check myself. Have I wrecked myself? If I haven't, check how far off the ground I am. If I'm off the ground, use my amps to descend safely. Then examine the black figure through Mad Hatter.
Sorry, you are the black figure. Perhaps touching the alien dead penis was a poor idea.

Especially when mauice was so willing!

Cock blocking your commanding officer ain't cool man.

"Hmmm.
Alright then, guys, change of plans, we are going to stay here and hope to whatever gods there may be that we don't get spotted by the dude covered in white flames."

Hidehidehidehide.
You do a flying leap behind the nearest air conditioning unit on the roof and hide.

"Well, I don't know about you guys, but I am getting down from here. I don't want to have to run vertically. Anyone else with me?"

Should the puppets no longer be guarding us, head downstairs, keeping an eye on the gathering and scanning through my Mad Hatter settings to see if I can pick anything else up than what we see. If the puppets are guarding us, stand close to one of the flyers.
The puppets appear to be moving off to join with the others in the center of the courtyard. The inner most concentric ring is spinning now, the puppets have linked hands and are running in a jerking, uneven motion.

You scan mad hatter quickly but don't' see anything new.

Fly over to the circles of puppets. Scan the centre of that inner circle with every CamEye mode. If there's anything physically there, fire my laser rifle at it. If the flaming figure is approaching too quickly to destroy it with the laser rifle before it arrives, use my namite thrower. If there's no physical object in the circle or my weapons have no effect, observe. Preferably from a distance of several hundred meters and through the maximum zoom of my CamEyes.
You scan through the cam modes. There's a lot of stuff happening in that circle, a lot of very odd readings, similar to before, but nothing physical seems to exist there.  So you fly up and observe. The man in the white flame is still just walking toward the forming concentric rings of dancing puppets, and despite your various cam eye modes showing abject fucking nonsense, there seems to be very little effect on the world around him. The flame isn't even melting the snow.

"Commanding officers report in who do we have?"
listen to report, if there are no officers take command, use the flight of fat sparrow to maintain a 250 m exclusion from flamey-white-guy observe him and statues, if attacked then return fire with extreme prejudice and flee
Awaiting orders.

Bug out. If someone else opens fire on the HappyVille Sunshine Get-together Fun Group and doesn't die horrifically, punt the frag into the center too.
You hide behind the air conditioner too.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 17, 2015, 11:53:19 am »

Did I die again?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 02:05:01 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 17, 2015, 01:35:14 pm »

Did I die again?
(( You are also buried under the rubble, alive with minor injuries. I checked with Piecewise.

Action coming slightly later.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 17, 2015, 02:04:53 pm »

((Oh good, I was worried I have a curse to die on every mission. Granted, it can still happen.))

Allright. Check how much I can get myself out of the rubble. Exoskeleton should help. If this doesn't result satisfaction in form of freedom, then try same with Pimp Cane. Form it into prongs and make it push stuff up and away if it can.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2015, 09:11:04 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 17, 2015, 03:07:01 pm »

"Can we open fire now, sir?"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 17, 2015, 04:02:48 pm »

I ain't getting outta this, am I.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 17, 2015, 04:17:04 pm »

Coming back to his senses was strange but faintly familiar to Maurice. This is how you wake up from nightmares; this is how you wake from sweetest and happiest dreams, only to be greeted by the harsh reality.

Now.
... Oh no.

This waking was far too familiar and mundane for there to be doubts. He failed. Grief, anger, and detailed analysis of how it happened would have to wait, however - there was this mission at hand.

Bartolomew down, freshly. Morul... offline, just like Pancaek. Damnation. Ulrich and Hasala are fine, though, as are Team II members.
Mad Hatter - ...oh, bloody Mistress.

This is Commander Sanctor, all teams, hold your fire!

Ulrich, Hasala, report on the last... several minutes, starting with right after we reached the center. Stat.

Huh, I wasn't out too long.
And I knew there was something at the center of the dome!
Past Sigs

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 17, 2015, 04:51:43 pm »

Ulrich, Hasala, report on the last... several minutes, starting with right after we reached the center. Stat.

:After we lost contact, I started detecting dangerous effects near where you were; a region of swirling temperatures, ranging from near absolute zero to millions of degrees. Radiation detection mode simply threw errors at me. Motion tracking showed air being sucked into the building rapidly. None of those effects were apparent with normal vision, though, and didn't seem to actually be affecting anything - the building should have collapsed much sooner, if they had. I tested perception with Mad Hatter at 30%, but nothing changed.

A few seconds ago, a black dome expanded from roughly your current location, and everything it touched was fixed in place on the dome and pushed outward, slowly consumed with black fire. Then it imploded and formed a normally-sized black humanoid figure, shrouded in white flames. That figure is currently walking toward the courtyard on the road to the east, where all the puppets are moving - despite being watched - and the ones already there are in concentric circles and... dancing, it looks like. The white flames of the black figure don't appear to be melting the snow.

More of the dangerous effects I mentioned earlier are happening in the center of those concentric circles, though there isn't anything physically there, as far as I can tell. I'm currently a few hundred meters above them, observing.:

Abject nonsense around the black figure? As in, the same kind in the circles and originally around the rest of Team 1 when they were trapped? Or something else?
Continue observing.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33