Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50368 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #285 on: September 09, 2015, 11:49:15 pm »

What will I do? Well, first I kick him very hard, slap his faceplate down and then I pull him back down. Gravity is calling, you know. It doesn't like when people ignore it just like that.

And what laser? I don't have any laser weapons. I have SS Testament LSW, the full automatic light shard launcher. So what kind damage did that do?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 02:47:43 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 10, 2015, 10:47:13 am »

"Sir, [swordsmith's dude], if we're going back down there, requesting permission to fire on the puppet-statue-followers?
I've had my fill of peek-a-frozenforallenternity for today, sir"
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 10, 2015, 03:33:51 pm »

:Permission denied, for now. Physical damage doesn't hamper their movement. They move around with broken legs, missing heads, et cetera just fine, and don't fall apart when cut in two by lasers, at least while observed. Firing on them will, in all likelihood, do nothing. Not to mention that these are college students and faculty under the anomaly's effects, and they might return to normal if we manage to deal with the anomaly.

They aren't dangerous, so long as someone is watching them. The puppets near Building 21 don't even seem to be moving at all, anymore; that might extend to every puppet in the anomaly, or just be a local effect of whatever Dr. Sanctor activated. Keep an eye out, just in case.:

Do the thing with attempting to locate Pancaek by viewing his Mad Hatter-broadcasted video feeds, and then keeping an eye on him if possible while continuing to monitor the puppets and anomaly of Building 21. Has there been any change in the effects visible to the CamEye modes? What about those guys I cut in half by laser, did they fall apart while I was focusing on Pancaek's feed?

((To those of you who keep typing [Swordsmith] or such instead of my character's name, he's Hasala Nabin, and your character could reasonably know that, since all suits have nametags on the chest. This mission's wiki page has a list of character and player names, if you can't remember a name OOC.))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 03:37:12 pm by swordsmith04 »

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 10, 2015, 03:41:59 pm »

"Everyone!, spread out and look for buildings people didn't hole up in that may be the source of the anomaly. The rest of the team is counting on us and we are counting on us because we are sort of fucked without them."
float down to ground level and wait for everyone to catch up avoid statues as normal. Look at the buildings for one that is more abandoned than the others like people ran from it and avoided it rather than
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 10, 2015, 04:45:19 pm »

"I'll be sure to risk my life and disconcertingly-mortal-soul on the basis of a psychic premonition sir. Or do you mean that the unmoving statues not moving while we're all up here looking at them is grounds to assume they're no longer super-hostile?
And you wouldn't hesitate to blow away any other kind of instantly-lethal hard-to-kill enemy combatant which has already taken out the psychically-godlike team leader via mindfuck, so why complain about these people in particular?"

((People type [name] because there are way too many people around to bother remembering the billion different shades of gold/red/brown they use to speak in, and spending 5-10 minutes poking around on an external (SUPER LAGGY AND SLOW) wiki to find that someone's called "Sam Hamwich" is pretty pointless when [username] or [commanding officer] gets the point across without wasting your time.))
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 04:48:24 pm by Dorsidwarf »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 11, 2015, 09:46:22 pm »

"Well, if we are going to move, might we investigate [Building 3]? It's out of the way of the rest. Or [Building 20]."
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 11, 2015, 09:49:59 pm »

"Well, if we are going to move, might we investigate [Building 3]? It's out of the way of the rest. Or [Building 20]."
"Way ahead of you, buddy, come on, get down here already."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 12, 2015, 01:42:35 am »

"Negative, we need to find buildings people fled from hopefully there will only be one such building. Just because a building is on the outskirts of the area doesn't mean it was the source or abandoned. The banner pointed toward the inner campus so we start from there and look for buildings without boarded up windows first. Actually... LUCRICIA you are in charge till I return I will perform aerial reconnaissance and try find an early candidate."
move out in a spiral inward from the banner using flight from the fat-sparrow go as fast as comfortable looking for buildings that haven't been fortified from outer examination. Avoid statues and what not, don't pass over them if possible
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 12, 2015, 01:49:26 am »

"Alright then, change of plans, we're heading towards the sports yard."
Editing turn.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 12, 2015, 08:24:08 pm »

"Huh. It hasn't swatted me. Now what..."

Still head towards the pyramid, but try not to smack into it too hard, and see if I can grab it with my sticky pad things. Then try and figure out how to break it.

((Honestly, I didn't expect to make it that far, it either swatting me away, or me ripping myself in half.))
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 12, 2015, 09:43:25 pm »

Mine.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2015, 02:56:17 pm »

What will I do? Well, first I kick him very hard, slap his faceplate down and then I pull him back down. Gravity is calling, you know. It doesn't like when people ignore it just like that.

And what laser? I don't have any laser weapons. I have SS Testament LSW, the full automatic light shard launcher. So what kind damage did that do?

Still none.
"Huh. It hasn't swatted me. Now what..."

Still head towards the pyramid, but try not to smack into it too hard, and see if I can grab it with my sticky pad things. Then try and figure out how to break it.

((Honestly, I didn't expect to make it that far, it either swatting me away, or me ripping myself in half.))
Mine.

So. I'm skipping the actions of the other people because this should essentially have happened last turn, but I wanted clarification.

Now then.

From the viewpoint of those within the void, what they see is simple. One man catches hold of Maurice and tries to yank him away as another flies straight up into the descending...whatever it is. As soon as Morul touches the Pyramid, the void collapses. Violently.

To those outside, the building seems to explode silently outward as a great  black sphere grows out of it. Brick and mortar and furniture and concrete spray out in all directions, moving much slower than they should, and seeming to ignore gravity. They burn with a pixelated black flame that quickly consumes them. The sphere grows and grows before collapsing in with amazing speed. In its place, hovering right at the center of where it was, is black a figure cloaked in white flame. It stands there, in mid air, for a moment before sinking to the ground and landing lightly outside the structure. It begins walking forward, toward the courtyard where all the frozen people were originally gathered.  And the frozen people are moving there too; they're moving even when you can see them, juttering forward like an animation with half the frames removed. Some are already in the courtyard, and they've formed a circle. More are forming a concentric circle around that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2015, 03:03:01 pm »

So... we live?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2015, 04:10:33 pm »

Bug out. If someone else opens fire on the HappyVille Sunshine Get-together Fun Group and doesn't die horrifically, punt the frag into the center too.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2015, 04:11:22 pm »

Check my existence.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 33