Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50413 times)

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #270 on: September 06, 2015, 10:13:19 am »

"What the hell...?"

:Something's interfering with my CamEye feeds, I'm reading temperatures of several million degrees and near absolute zero swirling together and radiation levels that don't even process, but nothing looks out of place with normal vision. What's going on?

...Sanctor?:

Team-wide:
:What's going on down there?:

Normal vision, turn Mad Hatter on and up to about 30%. Can I see anything happening now I couldn't with unaided normal vision? If nothing changed, turn Mad Hatter off again and look at the entrance/puppet tower with normal vision. Are the puppets affected? Is the stream of air supposedly moving into the building affecting any of the debris from the hole being blown into the side of the building?

Fly a bit further away from the building, just in case the effects start expanding. Watch for the effects with CamEye modes, if normal vision doesn't see anything. If they expand rapidly, fly away at maximum safe speed... let's say northeast.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 06, 2015, 02:25:06 pm »

I longed for this day to come.

Dive into the pyramid. Absorb the pyramid.

Resist being absorbed in turn. In the end, this is all just faces in clouds, all over again, isn't it? Nothing can really change me.

Simus. Humanity. Mistress.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 07, 2015, 01:00:28 am »

keep on movin' up, normal saftey precautions and such
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 07, 2015, 12:36:03 pm »

"Team one, Maurice is down, I'm in charge. Keep your eyes peeled for the creeps, and whatever you do, don't try to replicate what Maurice did, or touch him, got it? I don't need anymore anomalous bullshit right now, the tank is full up. Maurice, can you hear me?"

Keep an eye out for any incoming statute people, and scan through my cam-eye modes. Can we also assume that we're not getting any outside communications, or can we hear team 2?
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #274 on: September 07, 2015, 12:58:13 pm »

keep on movin' up, normal saftey precautions and such
"...
I suddenly feel as if the universe isn't focusing on us that much anymore.
This should be a good thing."

Go go go, keep attention but let's continue while the universe isn't caring about us.
Eddie, team 2

Follow instructions of team leader, unless they're blatantly suicidal

We'll say you make it on up to the roof. Have fun up there.

"What the hell...?"

:Something's interfering with my CamEye feeds, I'm reading temperatures of several million degrees and near absolute zero swirling together and radiation levels that don't even process, but nothing looks out of place with normal vision. What's going on?

...Sanctor?:

Team-wide:
:What's going on down there?:

Normal vision, turn Mad Hatter on and up to about 30%. Can I see anything happening now I couldn't with unaided normal vision? If nothing changed, turn Mad Hatter off again and look at the entrance/puppet tower with normal vision. Are the puppets affected? Is the stream of air supposedly moving into the building affecting any of the debris from the hole being blown into the side of the building?

Fly a bit further away from the building, just in case the effects start expanding. Watch for the effects with CamEye modes, if normal vision doesn't see anything. If they expand rapidly, fly away at maximum safe speed... let's say northeast.

You go back to normal vision and then 30% hatter. Nothing.

The puppets have stopped moving at all, and nothing else around here seems affected whatsoever. If that stream of air was correct, then the entire building should be collapsing and sucking in on itself. But it's not even wiggling.

You fly back a bit.

Ulrich Leland. Team I.

Shoot widly few shots up. Try to move closer to Maurice and slap his faceplate down. Give him a good kick as well.
What my artificial eyes do tell me about this situation? And try Mad Hatter as well. Maybe this is just another information denial.

I longed for this day to come.

Dive into the pyramid. Absorb the pyramid.

Resist being absorbed in turn. In the end, this is all just faces in clouds, all over again, isn't it? Nothing can really change me.

Simus. Humanity. Mistress.
"Team one, Maurice is down, I'm in charge. Keep your eyes peeled for the creeps, and whatever you do, don't try to replicate what Maurice did, or touch him, got it? I don't need anymore anomalous bullshit right now, the tank is full up. Maurice, can you hear me?"

Keep an eye out for any incoming statute people, and scan through my cam-eye modes. Can we also assume that we're not getting any outside communications, or can we hear team 2?
White human forms, the frozen people from outside but naked and pure white, melt into existence in concentric rings around Maurice and the group. Black fluid smoke pours from their eyes and mouth.

Ulrich runs and tries to slap Maurice's faceplate down but maurice's body jerks up and rockets straight up.  The blackness above parts and a great limpid drop of white flame appears. At its heart is an inverted black pyramid. It descends towards Maurice's body.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 07, 2015, 01:18:14 pm »

Ulrich Leland. Team fuckup.

If I want to shoot I will shoot damn it! Shooting the naturalists, their damn weed smoke and the drunk pyramid above! Let's see if MK III rockets work here and fly after Maurice. If it fails, then regroup with others of team fuckup here.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 07, 2015, 05:22:31 pm »

"Yay."
Do a jaunty little jig then start wildly throwing out conspiracy theories as to why these people are frozen like that.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 07, 2015, 11:10:51 pm »

"YOU FOOL, WHAT DID I SAY! Oh who am I kidding, fuck this shit."

Get to the pyramid first. Use my jump pack, amp toss myself, whatever. Just get to the Pyramid before Maurice, or what's left of him.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2015, 10:45:08 am »

Keep an eye on the figures down below. Is whats-his-face, the original team leader, still there?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2015, 02:18:35 pm »

"M-mister Maurice!!"
Panic.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2015, 10:54:04 pm »

Do I still have radio contact with the rest of Team 1?

If I lost contact after Maurice found that crack in reality:
:Team II, I've lost contact with the rest of Team I. They've triggered something that's caused either extremely dangerous environmental conditions, hallucinations, or both. Do not approach Building 21. I'm going to stay here to monitor it, in case the situation improves. In the meantime, I suggest you continue searching for the source of the anomaly. The banner hanging from Building 3 was pointed towards the rest of the campus, rather than the road; there might be something there. Unless you take the long way around, to get there you'd have to pass through that courtyard where most of the puppets outside were gathered when we arrived. All the puppets that were there moved to follow Team 1, but there might be a reason they congregated there, so be careful if you go that way.:

Continue monitoring puppets and Building 21 with CamEyes cycling through every vision mode that isn't normal vision. If Mad Hatter allows viewing teammates' video feeds without their express permission, keep one CamEye on normal vision and try to bring up Maurice's feed on my faceplate.

If I can still hear Team 1, continue monitoring Building 21 with non-regular-vision CamEye modes. If Mad Hatter allows viewing teammates' video feeds without their express permission, keep one of my CamEyes on normal vision, open up the feed from Pancaek and try to ascertain where he is, roughly. If that's somewhere I can see without moving, shift the faceplate screen to be one of my own camera feeds, so I can glance over to see if he's still there once in a while.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:05:16 pm by swordsmith04 »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 08, 2015, 11:18:12 pm »

Only respond with this if Swordsmith sends the message:
"ARE YOU KIDDING ME WE JUST GOT TO THE TOP OF THIS GODDAMNED BUILDING AGHHHHH
Okay, okay, whatever, c'mon team, looks like our other glorious leader dun fucked up or something, time to go find the source of all this without the help of our most experienced members which I can already tell is going to be just joyful."

Check out the side of the building that faces Park Place, see if there are any Stalkers there and any way to safely get down.
((Goddangit, hey, guys, which building is Team 2 on currently?
Here's the map for reference:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
))
« Last Edit: September 09, 2015, 07:42:23 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2015, 07:16:46 am »

((Team 1 originally headed to Building 8, where I spent several turns avoiding Stalkers after the rest of the team moved to Building 21, where everyone on Team 1 is currently.
Team 2 is on the roof of Building 11. The banner building is Building 3, and the courtyard is the spot near the pond on College Avenue, the road leading from Park Place.))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2015, 03:49:31 pm »

"Yay."
Do a jaunty little jig then start wildly throwing out conspiracy theories as to why these people are frozen like that.
Clearly this is the influence of something extra-dimensional or maybe cross-universal. Perhaps it is manipulating their bodies as a method of arranging a proper configuration of matter to hasten it's movement into this universe?

"M-mister Maurice!!"
Panic.
High pitched shrieking ensues.

Keep an eye on the figures down below. Is whats-his-face, the original team leader, still there?
He doesn't seem to be.

Do I still have radio contact with the rest of Team 1?

If I lost contact after Maurice found that crack in reality:
:Team II, I've lost contact with the rest of Team I. They've triggered something that's caused either extremely dangerous environmental conditions, hallucinations, or both. Do not approach Building 21. I'm going to stay here to monitor it, in case the situation improves. In the meantime, I suggest you continue searching for the source of the anomaly. The banner hanging from Building 3 was pointed towards the rest of the campus, rather than the road; there might be something there. Unless you take the long way around, to get there you'd have to pass through that courtyard where most of the puppets outside were gathered when we arrived. All the puppets that were there moved to follow Team 1, but there might be a reason they congregated there, so be careful if you go that way.:

Continue monitoring puppets and Building 21 with CamEyes cycling through every vision mode that isn't normal vision. If Mad Hatter allows viewing teammates' video feeds without their express permission, keep one CamEye on normal vision and try to bring up Maurice's feed on my faceplate.

If I can still hear Team 1, continue monitoring Building 21 with non-regular-vision CamEye modes. If Mad Hatter allows viewing teammates' video feeds without their express permission, keep one of my CamEyes on normal vision, open up the feed from Pancaek and try to ascertain where he is, roughly. If that's somewhere I can see without moving, shift the faceplate screen to be one of my own camera feeds, so I can glance over to see if he's still there once in a while.
You can't contact them, so assume the first eventuality.

You keep monitoring but you can't connect to maurice, or anyone in that building.

Ulrich Leland. Team fuckup.

If I want to shoot I will shoot damn it! Shooting the naturalists, their damn weed smoke and the drunk pyramid above! Let's see if MK III rockets work here and fly after Maurice. If it fails, then regroup with others of team fuckup here.
You fire your laser at the statues  but it deflects in mid air, seemingly bending through an unseen prism.

"YOU FOOL, WHAT DID I SAY! Oh who am I kidding, fuck this shit."

Get to the pyramid first. Use my jump pack, amp toss myself, whatever. Just get to the Pyramid before Maurice, or what's left of him.
And you both hurl yourselves upwards, towards Maurice.

And here is the question: What exactly do you intend to do when you reach him? Kisame, are you saying you want to by pass maurice, get between him and the pyramid and then...do what once you get up there? And Aoshima, you're flying after maurice but what do you intend to do when you reach him?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 09, 2015, 05:20:22 pm »

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME [Swordsmith] WE JUST GOT TO THE TOP OF THIS GODDAMNED BUILDING AGHHHHH
Okay, okay, whatever, c'mon team, looks like our other glorious leader dun fucked up or something, time to go find the source of all this without the help of our most experienced members which I can already tell is going to be just joyful."

Check out the side of the building that faces Park Place, see if there are any Stalkers there and any way to safely get down, if there aren't any stalkers and there is an easy way to get down (Or at least a soft bush [or perhaps just some ledges so I can parkour it]) try dropping down, help the rest of the team get down if they need help, then the entire team shall start moving towards the sport yard, constantly keeping an eye on a specific direction, get the team to stop if any building that isn't boarded up is found.
Start contemplating on the possibility that we were just transported into a pocket dimension.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 01:51:53 am by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 33