Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50425 times)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #210 on: August 29, 2015, 05:10:16 am »

"Yes, messer-doctor."
Enter [Another room] if no heat signatures present there. Check room for clues after Morul follows me.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 07:13:01 am by Illgeo »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 29, 2015, 05:38:57 am »

((Clarification: There is a door to [Another room], no need to tunnel. It's the [Room] that will probably necessitate tunnelling because of close-ish proximity of the door to the "dolls".))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #212 on: August 29, 2015, 01:14:54 pm »

I was asking whether it would theoretically be possible, not doing it.

"I think we're past the 'leave them alone just in case' point, people. I'd recommend to the CO that people armed with weapons that don't knock down small houses ought to defend themselves because these bastards aren't shifting."

Theoretically yes, you could censor him. It's unknown what that would cause however. Might do nothing. Might result in him murdering you. Hard to say.

Back up against far wall. Laser a hole in the ceiling, then fly up into it that room. Watch the hallway outside for thermal signatures. Don't let any approach within safety distance.

This plan seems to be working, so let's keep going. If there's time this turn, laser through the roof as well, and fly out of here.

:Hey, still alive over here. Taking the long way out. Seems like they can sense our presence without traditional senses.:

You make it on up to the roof without issue. There are heat signatures around, but few of them. It seems they're being drawn off somewhere else.

"Everyone move back and dig us an escape route I'll hold them off. MOVE MEN! "
get everyone back, set feed to normal and activate cartographer place minimum perimeter where pancaek stopped. Get people to start digging back into the building,  fire with pawn at statues if they move towards us, Initiate weeping angel plan as dumbo specified
You all make it into the building proper and barricade the way in.

Ulrich Leland

"Let's see if they can fly."

It's space wizard time! Collapse the floor down under the frozen people in between us and dome center, ideally dropping them down the floor below and letting us fly over. I'm not touching the actual people though, only the floor.

You collapse part of the hall between the center of the dome and your group...but the frozen people just hang in place, defying gravity.

"Yes, messer-doctor."
Enter [Another room] if no heat signatures present there. Check room for clues after Morul follows me.
You (and whoever is coming with you) barge into the empty student room and look around. The room has been noticably stripped of materials, the only things that remain are some metal shelves that are bolted to the wall, a few scattered bits of trash and a single lonely sock.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 29, 2015, 01:33:50 pm »

Ulrich Leland

"Crap. This..." He breathes sharply in. ...isn't the place where I should be right now.

Lose line of sight to the floating people briefly, like for a half second or so. If they have not fallen at all then enact plan space psychic. If the frozen people have fallen then repeatedly lose LOS temporarily until they have fallen low enough to permit safe flyover.

Plan space psychic:
  Pop exo battlestim. Turn my Pimping Bracelet into a plate and use it push down closest floating frozen people within range. Pimp Cane to rescue!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:36:57 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 29, 2015, 07:51:08 pm »

"Okay, let's get going, let's stick together in a train formation, I'll be at the back watching for any of those bloody frozen coming after us, you[Dorisdwarf] can bring up the front, keep your machete ready but try not to start swinging it for no reason, and you two [Corsair & Doomblade] stay in the middle, keeping your thermals on a keeping track of any errant frozen.
If we encounter a door, Me and [Dorisdwarf] will stay on the outside, keeping track of enemies, [Corsair] will go in, keeping your shield up, make sure it's clear and move on in, clear that room with [Doomblade] while we stay just outside, watching for enemies, then we move on, everyone clear on that?"

Thermals, thermals thermals thermals, have the people outside and by extension Pancaek moved much?
((Future note, when. I put someone's username in square brackets like that, Lucricia is normally saying something like 'You' 'Him/Her' 'He/she' because she doesn't know the person's name.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2015, 09:13:02 am »

Team II, do not leave Pancaek unobserved! I repeat, do not leave him unobserved! Even if it means leaving someone behind.

Ulrich, stay calm. I guess they remained in place, hanging in the air? Well, how about this: try blinking now. Like, momentarily losing line of sight to them. They should fall down, and depending on the speed of your eyelids, smash against the floor or simply descend some distance to it.

((Maurice has no way to know this, but I would really advise against doing something rash as popping precious battlestimms only to push Immovable Objects. We've already established they cannot be pushed around while frozen - while observed. It's your equipment, of course, but I would advise against wasting it.))

Hasala, what's the status? Can you reach us now?

Bartholomew, Morul, situation report.

((I am assuming that, being a forward observer, I am not currently checking out other people's camera feeds from Mad Hatter, so we're back to old-style reporting for the moment.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2015, 09:19:45 am »

"We're gonna leave someone to die at the hands of dozens of Frozen because our leader made a bad call?! We're gonna have to leave at least two people there so they don't get overrun by them!
Whatever, we'll all babysit Pancaek."

She turns to her teammates.
"Looks like we'll be camping out here for a while once we find our leader, unless someone has a camera they could use to keep an eye on him remotely?"
Alan help.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2015, 10:04:00 am »

With an eerily icy tone Maurice replied over the comms.
No, not because he made a bad call, trooper. Because 1)he might still be salvageable, one way or another; 2)he alone might pose a greater danger than all these "people" taken together, if whatever froze him took over the control of his amps. Do you want an unfrozen rogue amp-master running amok, trooper? I do not think so.
His tone warmed up to his usual levels of cheerfulness.
Then again, if you manage to get him back, that danger would be over and your glorious leader would be back, saved by your very effort and thus indebted to you. Is that not a worthy goal?

Konrad, we still need those camera and sensors. They are inanimate, so a fly-by pick-up in no-man's zone could be arranged if you would remain there with Pancaek and others.
Past Sigs

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2015, 12:31:51 pm »

"Blinking? I have cameyes. I don't blink."

((Action edited))
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:37:19 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2015, 12:44:26 pm »

Hasala, what's the status? Can you reach us now?

:I'm out of Building 8 and on my way. As a note, barricaded doors seem to be enough to keep the puppets at bay. I moved through four rooms to escape, and they didn't come up behind me.:

Fly away! Head towards Building 21 to meet up with my team, but just hover overhead for now. I wouldn't be able to use the same entrance they did, because of puppets, right?

Move to directly over the spot Maurice marked as the centre of the dome, then look down through the building with the various CamEye modes. Anything of note? Also take a look at the path between the centre and where my team current is, for thermal signatures. Mark them on the map and keep an eye on them so they don't move, if so.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 31, 2015, 12:58:53 am »

Konrad, we still need those camera and sensors. They are inanimate, so a fly-by pick-up in no-man's zone could be arranged if you would remain there with Pancaek and others.[/i][/font][/size][/color]
"There isn't any no-man's-zone Sir, we are very close to the building and can't enter lest we loose sight of Captain Pancaek. Leaving or entering via flight is dicey a wrong move and we get caught in the freeze-field, Staying here is easy someone getting here is more of a problem. Lucricia, with me we will alternate forward watch, rest of you watch thermals for any funny business elsewhere"
Watch forward arc of statues alternating blinks with Lucricia, others ordered to watch thermals for other statues moving from another angle or inside the building.
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 31, 2015, 01:18:38 am »

Konrad, we still need those camera and sensors. They are inanimate, so a fly-by pick-up in no-man's zone could be arranged if you would remain there with Pancaek and others.[/i][/font][/size][/color]
"There isn't any no-man's-zone Sir, we are very close to the building and can't enter lest we loose sight of Captain Pancaek. Leaving or entering via flight is dicey a wrong move and we get caught in the freeze-field, Staying here is easy someone getting here is more of a problem. Lucricia, with me we will alternate forward watch, rest of you watch thermals for any funny business elsewhere"
Watch forward arc of statues alternating blinks with Lucricia, others ordered to watch thermals for other statues moving from another angle or inside the building.
"If me, [Corsair] and one other stay here, then we can set up a good perimeter to look for any Frozen, then the remainder could go up to the rooftop with your gear and set it up for a fly-by."
Giving a once over of the team, she points to [Doomblade].
"I think he would be best to get to the roof, if there isn't any way up, he can chop through the roof, or..."
Lucricia chucks her pile of Aster-Ex to him, "Use that, not too much, though, don't wanna level the place.
And then [Doris] can stay here, watching for any frozen in the area."
Alan help.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 31, 2015, 11:05:21 am »

"I don't think I can stare at them all on my own without blinking, you know."
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 31, 2015, 02:53:17 pm »

"It looks like someone cleaned this place of everything, messer-doctor."

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 31, 2015, 05:14:34 pm »

"I don't think I can stare at them all on my own without blinking, you know."
"I mean stay here, checking with thermals inside the building for any rouge Frozen while me and [Corsair] Keep a watch on pancaek and his friends."
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33