Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50379 times)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #195 on: August 26, 2015, 03:08:35 pm »

((Piecewise: Can we have a map of current Team I disposition? I have a little trouble understanding how far to the center of anomaly it is, and what terrain lies between us and it (do we have to cross the corridor, or is basically in this room, or what). A simple scheme like the one you made for Team II would suffice.

Furthermore, are there floors above us, or just the roof? Are the walls of this building climbable to a human person (without special training or equipment)?))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #196 on: August 26, 2015, 03:34:24 pm »

((Piecewise: Can we have a map of current Team I disposition? I have a little trouble understanding how far to the center of anomaly it is, and what terrain lies between us and it (do we have to cross the corridor, or is basically in this room, or what). A simple scheme like the one you made for Team II would suffice.

Furthermore, are there floors above us, or just the roof? Are the walls of this building climbable to a human person (without special training or equipment)?))
You are on the second floor, one floor above, one below. And no the walls wouldn't be able to be scaled by a normal person right now.

Green is you guys, red is the frozen people. You blew your way into a hallway and now you've got statues to either side.

Not to scale, obviously, they're actually farther away.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 26, 2015, 05:12:14 pm »

Back up against far wall. Laser a hole in the ceiling, then fly up into it that room. Watch the hallway outside for thermal signatures. Don't let any approach within safety distance.

This plan seems to be working, so let's keep going. If there's time this turn, laser through the roof as well, and fly out of here.

:Hey, still alive over here. Taking the long way out. Seems like they can sense our presence without traditional senses.:

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2015, 12:18:44 am »

"Everyone move back and dig us an escape route I'll hold them off. MOVE MEN! "
get everyone back, set feed to normal and activate cartographer place minimum perimeter where pancaek stopped. Get people to start digging back into the building,  fire with pawn at statues if they move towards us, Initiate weeping angel plan as dumbo specified
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 04:47:04 pm by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2015, 01:57:22 am »

Ulrich Leland

"Let's see if they can fly."

It's space wizard time! Collapse the floor down under the frozen people in between us and dome center, ideally dropping them down the floor below and letting us fly over. I'm not touching the actual people though, only the floor.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 09:05:32 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2015, 08:43:43 am »

Good thinking, Ulrich, although I suspect they can hover. Keep watch on your side of the corridor, and I'll oversee the other one.

Excellent, Hasala. We'll be waiting for you.

Morul, Bartolomew, I want you to check inside
[Another Room] if no heat signatures can be seen, and then inside [Room] as well if they are free from hostile presence. Close the doors and use Bartolomew's laser to make an entrance. I want personal logs, clues, evidence, anything that would help explaining what is going on here. This building was 'hit' earlier than that, it appears, so there might be greater evidence found here - or none at all, though. Retreat and close the door if more "people" are found inside.

Keep watch over the group of "people" opposite from the center of dome.

Team II, what's the situation? We can arrange the extraction, and the camera might really be needed soon. Keep Pancaek under permanent observation, though - leave a person or a camera behind if necessary. And note that since he is not causing cascade of dollification, there might be something odd about him, worth investigation.
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2015, 09:41:54 pm »

Good thinking, Ulrich, although I suspect they can hover. Keep watch on your side of the corridor, and I'll oversee the other one.

Excellent, Hasala. We'll be waiting for you.

Morul, Bartolomew, I want you to check inside
[Another Room] if no heat signatures can be seen, and then inside [Room] as well if they are free from hostile presence. Close the doors and use Bartolomew's laser to make an entrance. I want personal logs, clues, evidence, anything that would help explaining what is going on here. This building was 'hit' earlier than that, it appears, so there might be greater evidence found here - or none at all, though. Retreat and close the door if more "people" are found inside.

Keep watch over the group of "people" opposite from the center of dome.

Team II, what's the situation? We can arrange the extraction, and the camera might really be needed soon. Keep Pancaek under permanent observation, though - leave a person or a camera behind if necessary. And note that since he is not causing cascade of dollification, there might be something odd about him, worth investigation.
"We are surrounded, Commander Pancaek is frozen, we are surrounded."
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2015, 10:29:34 pm »

That I can see; I want to know your current plan of action and whether you believe you can deal with the situation by yourselves.
Past Sigs

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 28, 2015, 01:16:13 am »

((Just to specify, Team Pancaek is still in the half-tunnelled barricade, right?))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 28, 2015, 06:48:41 am »

((Correct.))
Past Sigs

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 28, 2015, 07:37:07 am »

((Correct.))
((Right then.))
"Just set up a watch, for the time being, just staring at them will make them about as lethal as puppies, so two of us can just stare at them, saying when we're gonna blink while the other guy or gal tunnels through this bloody barricade.
Or I wire it up with explosives, either or.
Anyone have heat vision so they can see inside of this place?"
Alan help.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 28, 2015, 09:33:06 am »

((Correct.))
((Right then.))
"Just set up a watch, for the time being, just staring at them will make them about as lethal as puppies, so two of us can just stare at them, saying when we're gonna blink while the other guy or gal tunnels through this bloody barricade.
Or I wire it up with explosives, either or.
Anyone have heat vision so they can see inside of this place?"

"We can watch together, everyone else can dig, no explosives, also we have heat sensors in our suits."

That I can see; I want to know your current plan of action and whether you believe you can deal with the situation by yourselves.
"We will tunnel into the building then find open ground or a denfensible position until then we just need to hold them off."

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 28, 2015, 10:05:15 am »

"Okay, when I say 'blink' I'm gonna blink, so make sure you don't close your eyes at the same time."
Initiate Plan: Weeping angels.
Alan help.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 29, 2015, 04:44:55 am »

"You're going to want more than two people."

Join in on plan Weeping Angels.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 29, 2015, 04:52:32 am »

"Alright then, you (Dorisdwarf) can keep tunneling through the barricade."
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 33