Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33

Author Topic: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley  (Read 50419 times)

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 21: Uncanny Valley
« Reply #180 on: August 24, 2015, 03:43:38 am »

set up a side by side feed of mad hatter at 35% and normal vision of the people-statues use a horizontal split to maximise the number of people-statues I am looking at
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 24, 2015, 06:20:17 am »

"Right. Everyone back up so ya don't get hit by debris. If ya wanna help, load an HE round if you have one, and fire after me, and to the left of mine."

Back everyone up to a safe distance, then fire an HE round at the wall. Be prepared to catch the grenade with my mass amp if it gets reflected somehow.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 24, 2015, 07:40:14 am »

"Right. Everyone back up so ya don't get hit by debris. If ya wanna help, load an HE round if you have one, and fire after me, and to the left of mine."

Back everyone up to a safe distance, then fire an HE round at the wall. Be prepared to catch the grenade with my mass amp if it gets reflected somehow.

If he's on the team stuck in a cul-de-sac, dive-tackle him before he fires a charge capable of blowing up half a building t point-blank range
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #183 on: August 24, 2015, 08:55:59 am »

If he's on the team stuck in a cul-de-sac, dive-tackle him before he fires a charge capable of blowing up half a building t point-blank range
Use the force wiki, Dorsidwarf: http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Mission_21#Team_I

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #184 on: August 24, 2015, 10:08:54 am »

Pancaek Group
yes, but throw bolts first. also advance slowly, and retreat a few steps back at the first signs of weirdness. also instruct team 2 members who haven't posted an action to spread their gazes so the entire semicircle is being looked at. Try to leave a pretty looking corpse when I get kiled
You throw a bolt straight at the things. The bolt sails past them, actually hitting one of the ones in the back of the mob. No effect. You walk forward.

Stare real hard at the Weeping Students. If they start moving while I can actually see them, shit pants and start kicking them with stilts.🎅
Pancaek walks off toward the frozen people, intent on getting up onto the building. He gets with in maybe 10-15 feet of them and stops. Stops dead in the middle of his stride and just stands there, perfectly immobile.

set up a side by side feed of mad hatter at 35% and normal vision of the people-statues use a horizontal split to maximise the number of people-statues I am looking at
You set up your vision mode. It greatly increases your FOV but still isn't perfect.

Offer rope to Pancaek, and keep watch on the dolls. Be ready to fend off assault as needed using my monomachete.

"As long as we get out of here, I'm happy."
That isn't good. Why would he just stop there? That isn't good at all.

Nik Group

Let's see if we can find an entrance. Or make one. Actually, double that - let's go in with a bang, and maybe draw away attention from Team I.

Morul, if you please - I want a nice, big entrance to the area, one that is difficult to obstruct and deny to us. And by 'big' I mean 'several meters across-big' - but Simus's grenades are up to the task, as she witnessed herself; make extra sure not to damage the room with the center of this anomaly, though.

Everyone, keep watch on perimeter. If past experience tells us anything, we are soon to have company. Morul, Ulrich, try keeping an eye on the heat signatures inside the building.

Keep watch for more "people" arriving around us.

You keep an eye out. It appears as though the frozen people have moved in somewhat. You can see that they've gathered behind building 20, behind the small structure near 16, behind the statue over there, behind anything that obstructs your line of vision.

See if I can link my cameras to produce a panora of my surroundings. A real 360° vision. If it seems viable, try to do it.
Occasionally do a quick scan with cameyes for doll people.

You can, but it compresses the view so heavily that it seems useless for anything but vague motion

In case you're curious what that would actually look like:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You use a grenade and then another to blow a nice big hole in the front of the building. There's a lot of debris in the way that will need to be cleared, but the hole itself is big enough to intersect the second floor and at least 15 feet wide.

...Try to find the door to the room across the hall from the one I entered from, by touch. If I find it, enter, close the door behind me, and barricade it with furniture.

Assumption check: This room is an internal one, and thus does not have a window.

• If it does have a window, abscond! Fly away and regroup with my team at building 21.

You back up, flailing behind you till you find the nearest door handle. You open it, step inside, and then close it. You immediately grab the nearest book case and shove it over in front of the door.

This is an internal room alright, no window. Just a cinder block cell about 10 by 8 feet long and deep.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 24, 2015, 10:42:02 am »

Back up against the far wall because of meta to maintain safety distance. Glance upwards with CamEyes; how many floors are above me, and are there any thermal signatures in them? After that, keep an eye on the thermal signatures on the other side of the door. Don't want them walking right up to it.

Laser a hole in the ceiling if there weren't any thermal signatures in the room above me, then fly up into it and barricade that room's door as well. Check the hallway outside this room for thermal signatures. Don't let any approach within safety distance.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 24, 2015, 01:22:46 pm »

Quote from: Maurice -> Pancaek
Pancaek, respond!
Bloody, bloody, bloody damnation.
Quote from: Maurice -> Konrad
You're in charge now. You have but one order: have your team survive. Take your time, hold up there or slowly chew through the building upwards, your choice.
Note the distance to Pancaek, though. If he's completely turned, there might be a chain reaction since you were clustered so close... so let us pray he isn't done for yet, and thus you could try yanking him back. Without coming closer to other "people".
Oh, and - mark someone as next in line for team command. Just in case.

... We're in an even greater hurry now, Team I. Now, keep your eyes on the hallways and those with cam-eyes on heat signatures, we're going in.

If the earlier hole-blowing went as I planned, there should have been a nice straight shortcut from it to the room with the center of anomaly. Triply cautious of "people", with someone always watching the corridors left and right and the hole behind, approach the room and open it. Or just enter it if the hole leads right to it.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2015, 01:39:45 pm by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 24, 2015, 02:05:49 pm »

Anyone there? Can I still see? Can I still think? RESIST and try to assume control once more
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 11:05:55 am by Pancaek »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 24, 2015, 03:24:14 pm »

Stare at the figures, try and work out if there's some way to make Mad Hatter expunge Pancaek, presumably letting him move. do NOT actually fiddle with the damn thing, the rest of my team is sure to not remember to look at the sods.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 24, 2015, 04:04:33 pm »

Follow team gazefully.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 25, 2015, 03:53:30 am »

Following team I to the center of anomaly, any clearing obstacles in the way. One eye constantly in cameras.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 25, 2015, 07:14:04 pm »

"See? I do destruction very well when appropriate. Now, have the vultures started to circle, or is the other team holding their attention?"

Check behind us, and see if any other statue people have shown up. If not, proceed into the building after clearing the debris away, metal poking stick poking away in front of me.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 25, 2015, 08:09:27 pm »

Stare at the circle. Put up my monomachete and pull out my tesla sabre. Back inside should puppets advance. Only attack as a last resort.

"Something seems to freeze you if you get too close. Keep your distance!"
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #193 on: August 26, 2015, 01:48:52 pm »

Back up against the far wall because of meta to maintain safety distance. Glance upwards with CamEyes; how many floors are above me, and are there any thermal signatures in them? After that, keep an eye on the thermal signatures on the other side of the door. Don't want them walking right up to it.

Laser a hole in the ceiling if there weren't any thermal signatures in the room above me, then fly up into it and barricade that room's door as well. Check the hallway outside this room for thermal signatures. Don't let any approach within safety distance.

There's no heat signatures directly above you...and there's two floors between you and the roof. You laser your way through the floor and up into the room above. You immediately shove the bed up against the door and look around. There are less signatures on this level, but they're getting close now. They seem to be able to find and follow you even without directly seeing you.

Quote from: Maurice -> Pancaek
Pancaek, respond!
Bloody, bloody, bloody damnation.
Quote from: Maurice -> Konrad
You're in charge now. You have but one order: have your team survive. Take your time, hold up there or slowly chew through the building upwards, your choice.
Note the distance to Pancaek, though. If he's completely turned, there might be a chain reaction since you were clustered so close... so let us pray he isn't done for yet, and thus you could try yanking him back. Without coming closer to other "people".
Oh, and - mark someone as next in line for team command. Just in case.

... We're in an even greater hurry now, Team I. Now, keep your eyes on the hallways and those with cam-eyes on heat signatures, we're going in.

If the earlier hole-blowing went as I planned, there should have been a nice straight shortcut from it to the room with the center of anomaly. Triply cautious of "people", with someone always watching the corridors left and right and the hole behind, approach the room and open it. Or just enter it if the hole leads right to it.

You and your team move into the second floor. Unfortunately, but not unexpectedly, there is a heavy concentration of frozen people over near the center room; in fact there's a heavy concentration of people all around the hole. They must have moved when the heat and smoke from the explosion obscured the area around the hole. They're blocking the hall in both directions and their bodies are showing an increasingly warped and injured appearance.

Stare at the figures, try and work out if there's some way to make Mad Hatter expunge Pancaek, presumably letting him move. do NOT actually fiddle with the damn thing, the rest of my team is sure to not remember to look at the sods.
Are you saying you want to have the camera basically censor Pancaek and allow him free movement?

"See? I do destruction very well when appropriate. Now, have the vultures started to circle, or is the other team holding their attention?"

Check behind us, and see if any other statue people have shown up. If not, proceed into the building after clearing the debris away, metal poking stick poking away in front of me.
down, back in the area where you were, there are more people, all seemingly moving in towards the base of the building, around where you blew the hole.

Stare at the circle. Put up my monomachete and pull out my tesla sabre. Back inside should puppets advance. Only attack as a last resort.

"Something seems to freeze you if you get too close. Keep your distance!"
You back up as far as possible and keep your finger poised on the tesla sabre's activation trigger.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 26, 2015, 02:58:26 pm »

I was asking whether it would theoretically be possible, not doing it.

"I think we're past the 'leave them alone just in case' point, people. I'd recommend to the CO that people armed with weapons that don't knock down small houses ought to defend themselves because these bastards aren't shifting."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 33